Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 9

Old 01-23-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
We're all here for you KiKi! We'll be praying you get through the other side and find true serenity! Check-in when you can and know you're in our hearts and prayers!
Thanks so much UD! It's so hard for me to ask for help! Xoxoxo
Old 01-23-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

We are here for you Kiki! Sending you lots of love!
Old 01-23-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

http://www.recovery.org/pro/articles...perfect-sense/
Old 01-23-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kiki - there will always be a seat for you here

I really encourage you not to run - you had a dreadful despicable crime committed against you...but it was not your fault.

I hope you'll decide it's time to start a Chapter Two...a new phase of your life where you past can't hurt you over and over again.

I can only imagine how scared and pained you must feel, but it's in working through these things that peace can be found.

You deserve a little peace and happiness just like the rest of us

D
Old 01-23-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
We are here for you Kiki! Sending you lots of love!
Thanks Patricia!!! How are YOU???
Old 01-23-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Kiki - there will always be a seat for you here I really encourage you not to run - you had a dreadful despicable crime committed against you...but it was not your fault. I hope you'll decide it's time to start a Chapter Two...a new phase of your life where you past can't hurt you over and over again. I can only imagine how scared and pained you must feel, but it's in working through these things that peace can be found. You deserve a little peace and happiness just like the rest of us D
Thanks so much Dee! Your validation means more than you know! I've kept kept this stuff all inside for soooo long!
Old 01-23-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

You are an awesome person inside and out Kiki!
This forum is lucky to have you. You are a tremendous help to all of us.

Now... For you... Work thru this, painful as it's gonna be. Work thru this till you find peace with all of it. Don't give up. Don't run to the bottle. All that does is set you back as you know. Three steps forward, ten steps back with booze.

SR is very time consuming when you get determined to be sober. Check in when you can, if you can, and we'll see ya when you return.
Sometimes I tell myself to just read and not comment. I have lots I need to be doing ( like everyone else.). Such a great, helpful site!

Peace and love to you girl. We love you too.

Olivia
Old 01-23-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Sending you so much love, Kiki. You are such a wonderful supporter for all of us - I totally understand that it is time for you to turn that energy inward. I'm so sorry that you have suffered so much pain in your life. You are such a wonderful, positive spirit and I know that you can work through this. Sending you lots of love and strength. Thank you for being such a pivotal part of our Class (((Kiki)))
Old 01-23-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Aw, Kiki, I'm sorry all that stuff happened to you. We are here for you whenever you need us. Thanks for being here for us and always motivating us and reminding us how important sobriety is. Take the time to heal. Lots of healing going on around here. So important for our recovery. Xoxo
Old 01-23-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hello all. I have been posting on the wrong thread because I keep hitting next thread instead of going to the last page. Stupid. I got it figured out. So I'm sober on day four. I fell off last week that after a hard detox I'm back. This one was really scary.

I know that I'm OK for right now because it was very impressive. I don't even want to go to details. Anyway, I'm glad to be back on SR, I'm glad seem to have my life back. I'm gonna try to hang onto it.

I hope you all are doing well, and I will be checking into the right place on a regular basis now. Happy sober Saturday.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Just a sober check-in. Getting slammed with snow in Boston but I'm safe and sober in bed. So far so good!!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Glad you are back with us Missy and you are okay in Boston SM!

So today is Day 60 and also my 30th birthday

Back this fall when I was really struggling to stay sober, I focused on my 30th birthday. I really wanted to have some sober time under my belt when I hit 30, so that I could keep the momentum going and never have to drink again in my thirties. Leave all that crap behind in my twenties (and teens). I am so incredibly grateful to be sober today and to have two solid months under my belt. A HUGE thank you to this Class and the encouragement you all have provided. Especially the encouragement to go to AA. That has been life changing. I'm filling my sober toolkit to the brim this time around because I never, ever want to drink again. I honestly don't know that I would be able to stop again if I started.

So while most of my friends are freaking out that they are turning 30 (is 30 old?) I am crying tears of joy that I am starting a new decade sober and safe and supported by you all and my AA family. I could not do it without you. Thank you.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Glad you are back with us Missy and you are okay in Boston SM!

So today is Day 60 and also my 30th birthday

Back this fall when I was really struggling to stay sober, I focused on my 30th birthday. I really wanted to have some sober time under my belt when I hit 30, so that I could keep the momentum going and never have to drink again in my thirties. Leave all that crap behind in my twenties (and teens). I am so incredibly grateful to be sober today and to have two solid months under my belt. A HUGE thank you to this Class and the encouragement you all have provided. Especially the encouragement to go to AA. That has been life changing. I'm filling my sober toolkit to the brim this time around because I never, ever want to drink again. I honestly don't know that I would be able to stop again if I started.

So while most of my friends are freaking out that they are turning 30 (is 30 old?) I am crying tears of joy that I am starting a new decade sober and safe and supported by you all and my AA family. I could not do it without you. Thank you.
Happy Birthday!!!

What a great way to celebrate your birthday and the rest of your life!!!

Stay safe, SM and glad you're back with us Missy! Stay close and connected, you got this!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday SwimKim! And congrats on 60 days! That is amazing!
Old 01-23-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Sorry I missed so many posts. I am still feeling exhausted. Trying to focus on the positive. I am sober

I am feeling regret and embarrassment though. I had a long heart to heart talk with my husband today. He noticed my relapse. I didn't know it was so obvious. And I feel awful about that. I'm not good at dealing with shame and embarrassment. I know it's not helpful, we can't change the past, but I'm finding it hard to forgive myself...
Old 01-23-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

The alternative is not forgiving yourself Patricia and thats untenable.

go easy on yourself - focus on the now not the then

D
Old 01-24-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Checking in day 24! Feeling good
Old 01-24-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I'm having a really hard time with anxiety this morning. Please send me strenght.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Sending you strength, Patricia. In my AA meeting yesterday many people talked about how they suffer from anxiety. We talked about focusing on the present moment, not the past, not the future, as a way to cope with fear and anxiety. I'm sharing that just so you know you are not alone. (((Patricia)))
Old 01-24-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Sending you strength, Patricia. In my AA meeting yesterday many people talked about how they suffer from anxiety. We talked about focusing on the present moment, not the past, not the future, as a way to cope with fear and anxiety. I'm sharing that just so you know you are not alone. (((Patricia)))
You're right. Yesterday I was beating myself up with regrets. And today I am terrified of the future. So terrified I can barely function.