Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 2

Old 01-13-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Welcome Mish, Tink, and anyone I might have missed.

It sounds like everyone is hanging in! Sorry I am not responding more.

I got almost nothing on my list done today, except two meetings. Did not matter though. It was a decent sober day. I am really bushed and am headed to bed.

Hope everyone has a good night.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

SH, I've heard people say if you stayed sober today, you accomplished a lot. I didn't make it to a meeting, but I got some good reading done. I stayed sober. So I'll go with that too.

Reading Allen Carr's book. Interesting take. Keeping an open mind, which he says to do.

Have a good night folks.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good night class. Here's to deep and restful sober sleep
Old 01-13-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Made it through day 13, was planning on ending the evening as a billionaire, however, Powerball had different ideas.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Today is over. Funeral tomorrow.
I fell asleep eating Doritos this evening.
I've done worse, so this was a welcome wake up.
" I'm awake....... Hmm a snack... Ok, I'll have one. "
Yea, I'm crazy
Old 01-13-2016, 09:49 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think you're crazy JL - stay with us and use the support here

D
Old 01-13-2016, 10:45 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cara39 View Post
Day 5 coming to a close.

Had a real moment today just out of the blue. Just in work and realised tomorrow was Thursday working week nearly over and instantly I thought maybe I'll have a drink. Instead of trying not to think about it which I used to do, I acknowledged the impulse, thought about how I would feel if I did give in and it passed thankfully. It's shocking how much more productive I am at work. I realise now even just after my 5 days that I was barely functioning.

It's great to see how well everyone is doing, even Januaries finding it really tough are not giving in so thanks so much. The support is so helpful, I couldn't do without it
Wow Cara, I went through the exact same thought process this morning too. Thinking that it's almost the weekend, and i usually get excited as it means I start my drinking late morning and continuing through the night... Light bulb moment when I remembered that I have quit!!
I need to break the weekend routine so that I don't fall off the wagon... I am on day 4 today.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:14 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Mish
what does your recovery plan look like? could you do more so you think?

D
I guess I should write my plan down and keep it close by to counter any thoughts of drinking. And write down all my reasons why i don't want to drink ever again. I don't know.....I guess its scared me a little how strong I was feeling in my sobriety and then all of a sudden BOOM! I'm back where i started.
One thing I haven't done is attend meetings (i can only attend online). That's something I will be doing now.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Welcome Mish and Tink, glad you've found your way here.

JL, you made me laugh with your doritos comment. I do that all the time. My hair is a source of food, often.

Day nine here starting and just want to say thank you for being here, all of you, it is really helping and even though I,don't share much I find it helps me to call in and have something to read and others to think about when I get a bit 'worksy' (worked up and anxious and need sth to calm down.)

This and YouTube meditation has been doing me well.

The weekend is coming however... Always a tough one. Stay strong all.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:54 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

In early recovery/ detox has anyone found that they are CRAVING sweet things? Cookies,lollies, sweets, chocolate?? I don't even usually eat them but I haven't stopped.
SO much for the Naltrexone taking the pleasure away LOL!!!! I'm going to be as big as a house the rate I am going!! I am justifying it right now with the fact i am not drinking 1200cals of wine a day but still!!!!
Old 01-14-2016, 12:10 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's pretty common Nic - seems to settle down for most people though

D
Old 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think it's pretty common Nic - seems to settle down for most people though

D
I hope so Dee!!!! I've just restocked the lollies in Coles lol!! Whoops:-) on a plus note I did walk straight past the bottle shop to get there.... And didn't go inside

Last edited by Nic233; 01-14-2016 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-14-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi all - great to see so many of you doing well. Sadly, since joining the January group a few days ago I haven't even been able to start Day 1. Somehow I just can't find the energy to take it on - it all feels like such a huge effort, whilst to carry on drinking is so easy (In the short term). But hopefully my mind is moving in the right direction and I will be able to commit sooner rather than later.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeepBlue View Post
Hi all - great to see so many of you doing well. Sadly, since joining the January group a few days ago I haven't even been able to start Day 1. Somehow I just can't find the energy to take it on - it all feels like such a huge effort, whilst to carry on drinking is so easy (In the short term). But hopefully my mind is moving in the right direction and I will be able to commit sooner rather than later.
Hope you get your day one soon - wishing you lots of luck,,,, X
Old 01-14-2016, 01:33 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

Deep - have you tried posting here before you drink?

D
Old 01-14-2016, 02:38 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

JL - is it the funeral today? I lose track with your different time zones but if it is I hope it goes ok. At least once it's over things can start to settle down and get back to normal.

Deepblue - I hope you feel strong enough soon to get started.

Sorry for the massive moan I'm about to do but I need to offload somewhere and don't have anyone I can talk to. I think I'm suffering from depression and have been for a long time. I really don't want to go to the docs and be put on medication so have been trying to do everything right, keeping activities going socially, exercising etc but I still feel really low. I'm close to tears a lot of the time. I'm tired of struggling with stuff going on in my life which has been going on now for 2 years (6 in total on and off) and doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. I don't want to drink but my addiction has moved from alcohol to food. I behave the same, binging when no-one is around. Getting annoyed when they are because I want to eat. I've kept up my kids activities which take up loads of my time and work each week but all I want to do is crawl under a blanket and never come out. I'm not sure anyone around me has realised because no one has said anything apart from my OH who just complains that I'm moody. I just want to run away and be on my own but with 3 kids, a job and everything else I can't. I work for myself and have always been an early riser (5.30 in the morning without an alarm) but now it's more like 7-8 when I'm waking so I'm getting in work much later.

Erghhhhhh!!!! There's not anything anyone can say that I don't already know so I don't need replies but I just needed to get it out.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes after every else is tried, people need meds, & sometimes they need some counselling CW.

Being on the point of tears constantly doesn't sound like much fun.

Why not speak to your Dr - express your reluctance about meds if you like - you don't have to put anything in your body you don't want to...but speak to someone about it?

D
Old 01-14-2016, 03:14 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeepBlue View Post
Wishing you the best... Just take it one day at a time.. A week ago I couldn't imagine being at day 9... It's been years since I went even one day without booze. You can do it!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Today is over. Funeral tomorrow.
I fell asleep eating Doritos this evening.
I've done worse, so this was a welcome wake up.
" I'm awake....... Hmm a snack... Ok, I'll have one. "
Yea, I'm crazy
Thoughts are with you for tomorrow... Take care
Old 01-14-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Day 9 over here.

My body had me up at 4:17 this morning. I tried falling back asleep and couldn't. Then DH's alarm went off at 5:00 and he snoozed for an hour. Then I finally fell asleep and woke up to a screaming 4 year old, pounding at the window because he forgot to tell DH something before he left for work.

He has been going through a lot since we moved here in October. I though he was getting better but these last 2 mornings have been terrible. He pounds the window, hits me, screams. I have a very hard time not getting angry at him and I feel like I am bordering on verbal abuse at times. I am much less angrier than I was when I was drinking, but still, I can't stop yelling when I am woken up to that type of madness and of course, his yelling woke up my 16 month old which only make me even more furious.

Everyone is calm now but of course I am left with regret. I just want to get a hold of my anger and I don't know how.

I wish I had just gotten up at 4.