Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 2

Old 01-12-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Glad day 7 is over. I didn't give in to my craving for alcohol but I ate the hell out of some sugar today. Yuck. Going to feel awful tomorrow and this sugar crash is making me so relieved that it's bedtime. Just not in a good mood tonight.
Congrats Sunflower... We're at the same point. Starting day 8 today. May it be a good one for you
Old 01-12-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Today was a very very busy day at work, and a good day emotionally.

I'm actually happy I'm sober. This is a mental place I would not have imagined myself inhabiting four months ago, when I resented every sober moment.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 4 here and of half January is already gone.
I need to email the church today to find out more info about the recovery meeting that I'd like to attend, I missed it yesterday because I couldn't find it.

I need to be focusing on what I will do on Friday at 5pm. 5pm everyday was a trigger for me in my past early sobriety, but I've started new patterns. Not drinking for a few days then bam, AV screams "it's the weekend, no harm!"

Everyone is doing great. I expect this class to be my last. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-13-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Nearing the end of day 3. After such a great start to the day, I'm really struggling tonight. Have eaten lollies and chocolate and sipping water to try and forget about my need to drink.
Emotional and moody with the kids, just not a good night at all. I've been given medications to help me through but trying to hold off until later so I can get some sleep at least...
Sorry for the negative post... Tomorrow is another day..
Old 01-13-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Nic. Day 3 is no cakewalk. I really admire those of you who are getting sober and taking care of kids. My kids were in grade school when I tried to get sober the first time. They are in their mid 30s now.

I hope you sleep well and have a laid back day. Sending good wishes your way.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SillyHuman View Post
Hang in there, Nic. Day 3 is no cakewalk. I really admire those of you who are getting sober and taking care of kids. My kids were in grade school when I tried to get sober the first time. They are in their mid 30s now.

My boys are teenagers so thankfully can occupy themselves a bit! I'm going to get some early sleep as I work tomorrow.. Thanks for your reply, it means a lot x
Old 01-13-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

day 11. first post...Hello

Hi All,

Starting the new year right...day 11....in and out of AA 10+ years....i finally took direction....got a home group and a sponsor...am working the steps......slow learner i guess....wish 10 years ago i heard the message
Old 01-13-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Stink...woke on Day 5 with terrible anxiety, a carry over from yesterday. At least I've been able to sleep soundly.

Vacation begins today for a long weekend of skiing with my family. It will be alcohol free as my son doesn't drink out of respect for me. I'm so looking forward to time with my grands 💕 I have a lot to do so keeping busy should help me today.

Off to read a few more inspiring posts then time to get busy!
Old 01-13-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 5 here and feeling good. Hubby took some of the pressure off yesterday by telling me not to rush to replace that job. That is sweet, but this is the USA, and the best way to get a job is to already have one! It is stupid, welcome to America.

My plan: Two meetings today, not because of cravings but because I have become so isolated; pay bills, which is a hated job; pick up after my dogs; apply with a florist and two nurseries, which is the kind of work I would rather be doing. If I get in bad spot, I will come to SR and scream loudly, or call my daughter, or hit yet another meeting, or hang out at the ugly and stinky Alano club.

I am really looking forward to Spring. It has been crazy cold here since before Thanksgiving, and I WANNA SEE SOME FLOWERS! *sobs

Wishing all januaries a clean and sober day.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Christ I'm tired of gettin griped at yelled at and then asked to drive all over hell and back to shuttle kids and ppl. Funeral tomorrow and thank God back to work Friday.
In the middle of the griping, I quietly said " you know, someone in my family died too". I think it's better not to care.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Who yelled at you, JL? We'll get the januaries posse fired up and kick some redneck butt for you!

Seriously, sometimes people are at their worst when there is a death in the family.

Please hang in there. Friday is just around the corner.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I think we will always have our validations for drinking or time periods when life is hard...I get into slumps with feeling like I should earn a reward for making it through the day with kiddos - I have a 5 yr, 4 yr and 6 mo old. It's the loony bin some (every?) days....they were a big reason to want to drink, I am just shifting that thinking to make them be a huge reason to NOT drink.

But even when they're grown more and I'm sleeping again (someday right!), I'm guessing AV would still be there with a different reason.

Day 11.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I have a 5 yr, 4 yr and 6 mo old. It's the loony bin some (every?) days....
Wow. Being a mom was the hardest thing I have ever done, and I only had two. You are awesome.

But even when they're grown more and I'm sleeping again (someday right!), I'm guessing AV would still be there with a different reason.

Yes, the reasons just keep coming.

Congats on 11 days!
Old 01-13-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Thank you vanaprastha. The SR meeting was good, loved the topic.
Hunt and Ladybug do a really good job coming up with topics each week. I usually have something to think about for several days after the meeting, even if I don't share.

You guys are doing great. Welcome to your new sober life.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 12 and my AV has been fairly quiet the last two days, and instead I've been feeling contentment for the first time in a long time.

So proud of myself and of everyone here. I check in several times a day and it keeps me grounded and sober.

I know my AV is just lulling me into a false sense of security but I also know I have the tools to deal with her when she pops up 😊
Old 01-13-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 12 here, and going strong. It's getting easier.

Yesterday was a damned good day, and I find myself liking more about sobriety and recovery -- and myself, for that matter.

I'm adding one more goal to my plan -- now it's sobriety, recovery, and serenity.

If I get in bad spot, I will come to SR and scream loudly, or call my daughter, or hit yet another meeting, or hang out at the ugly and stinky Alano club.
We're here for you, ma'am.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Christ I'm tired of gettin griped at yelled at and then asked to drive all over hell and back to shuttle kids and ppl. Funeral tomorrow and thank God back to work Friday.
In the middle of the griping, I quietly said " you know, someone in my family died too". I think it's better not to care.
A quiet "I love you" is a gentle reminder to that person that you are in that same space of loss.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Lou, congrats 12 days and on finding some contentment.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vanaprastha View Post
Silly -- I was happy to see you in the chat meeting tonight, and to hear that you went to a f2f meeting.

The chat meetings have helped me a lot.
When are these meetings held?
Old 01-13-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
When are these meetings held?
Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST.

The chair usually announces an upcoming meeting in the "Chat Meetings and Chat Discussions" forum. Here is the announcement for last night's meeting (all the announcements are similar):

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5735079