Do your best

Chillly here tonight might get snow tomorrow goodnight Julyers
Old 01-13-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Goodnight, sw. Enjoy the white stuff.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Do your best

About to watch a documentary telling the Frank story of 8 ppl relationship with alcohol

the name of the doc is I'm an alcoholic my name is...

Let you know tomorrow whats it like
Old 01-13-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Night night Wolfie! Hope the doc was good!

I just bought a new recovery book. It's called "undrunk, a skeptics guide to aa." I read part of it in the bookstore (yes a brick and mortar bookstore, can you believe it?) and it was pretty good. I've had a heck of a time finding a particular book I was looking for I Cali and Ohio, so I relented and ordered it from Amazon. But this book looks cool too. Can't have too many recovery books, right?

Wanna know something else I dig about recovery? I waltzed right in there, browse and bought a book about alkies while wearing my full work uniform.

All those times I used to change clothes before getting in the car after work so I wouldn't be caught in uniform buying booze..

Another good thing? I was HALT for the entire second half of today. Not one, two, not even a trifecta. I was the whole dang thing. But I'm ok now. Got some food, some fizzy, calmed myself down, on here for some "company," and I'll get to bed early. Halt taken care of, no desire to drink. Bam.

Thanks for letting me kvetch. Have a good night, Julyers!
Old 01-13-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry you had a rough day wehav....but isn't it gratifying to have the tools to deal with it? And that book sounds really good.

I NEED my recovery literature. I only go to meetings every now and then, but the literature, as well as some awesome novels are next to my bed.

I used to move them all when a tradesman or someone came to my flat, but I don't anymore. I'm proud of them. "Each Day, A New Beginning" is on the top, and I read it every morning.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:05 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

I'm enjoying your posts , with much more clarity I might add.

I am doing exceptionally well and I will be one week sober tomorrow :-) that has not happened in 6 months.

I can't believe how different I look already ! My puffiness & bloating has gone righ down , my skin is clearer , my eyes hav their shine back and I have not laughed so much in a very long time.

I actually forgot what it felt like to be happy.

My friends Angela & Doreen are looking after me so well. I have no car and its too far to walk anywhere but the property is so big and filled with animals. I wake up early every morning now with such joy .

They have decided to drive me into work and puck me up on the weekend as they think its too soon for me to leave. So that's what's happening.

I've got involved with taking care of certain animals and when I wake up every morning about 6.30 to th sounds of the magpies , kookaburras ,crows and galahs , I feel soooooo alive. When I leave my flat to hav breakfast . ( we all sit down together) I have half a dozen doggies waiting at my door for a pat lol.

This place is heaven and its my slice of heaven & I have two beautiful women willing to give me everything they can to help me get well.

I will NOT let them down , I will NOT let myself down.

We went the garden nursery today and bought a holly bush that we are going to plant here. Every year we are going to celebrate its growth and my recovery.

My friend bought me a book today and wants me to read one paragraph each morning before I get out of bed. It's a fantastic recovery book.

Life is good. I've been missing out on this wonderful life for too long :-) xxxx
Old 01-14-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

She told me to place the book in my hands and wish for what it is I really want. She said open the book to whichever page it falls on and take your eyes to the first paragraph you see .

It opened on page 39 and this is what I read

The time in which we live is our fate ,while how we handle it is a choice.
Today, I will accept my fate as a challenge life has given me . I will explore how I feel about it and learn new ways to deal with it . Instead of resisting my fate , I will find ways creatively to live within it.

Xxx
Old 01-14-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

What an incredible blessing these friends are Snoozy.
And what a brave and wonderful decision you made to do this.
I wasn't sure what you were heading into, but as you describe it now, it sounds like the perfect environment to detox and rejuvenate.

You are beginning again....you have found you; I can hear it.
And nothing could make me happier. ♥
Old 01-14-2016, 02:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thank you my beautiful friend Suze for your help along the way xxx you are a beautiful person. The well wishes and prayers of everyone in my July group has helped me immensely .

I'm feeling excited about life and its wonderful . :-)
Old 01-14-2016, 02:32 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're sounding better Snoozy

D
Old 01-14-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

thanks Dee :-) xxxx
Old 01-14-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Do your best

So so happy for you Snooz xxx hello Julyers
Old 01-14-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
She told me to place the book in my hands and wish for what it is I really want. She said open the book to whichever page it falls on and take your eyes to the first paragraph you see .

It opened on page 39 and this is what I read

The time in which we live is our fate ,while how we handle it is a choice.
Today, I will accept my fate as a challenge life has given me . I will explore how I feel about it and learn new ways to deal with it . Instead of resisting my fate , I will find ways creatively to live within it.

Xxx
^^^^ Love this, snooz.

Love you, too.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Hello everyone

I'm enjoying your posts , with much more clarity I might add.

I am doing exceptionally well and I will be one week sober tomorrow :-) that has not happened in 6 months.

I can't believe how different I look already ! My puffiness & bloating has gone righ down , my skin is clearer , my eyes hav their shine back and I have not laughed so much in a very long time.

I actually forgot what it felt like to be happy.

My friends Angela & Doreen are looking after me so well. I have no car and its too far to walk anywhere but the property is so big and filled with animals. I wake up early every morning now with such joy .

They have decided to drive me into work and puck me up on the weekend as they think its too soon for me to leave. So that's what's happening.

I've got involved with taking care of certain animals and when I wake up every morning about 6.30 to th sounds of the magpies , kookaburras ,crows and galahs , I feel soooooo alive. When I leave my flat to hav breakfast . ( we all sit down together) I have half a dozen doggies waiting at my door for a pat lol.

This place is heaven and its my slice of heaven & I have two beautiful women willing to give me everything they can to help me get well.

I will NOT let them down , I will NOT let myself down.

We went the garden nursery today and bought a holly bush that we are going to plant here. Every year we are going to celebrate its growth and my recovery.

My friend bought me a book today and wants me to read one paragraph each morning before I get out of bed. It's a fantastic recovery book.

Life is good. I've been missing out on this wonderful life for too long :-) xxxx

So much goodness in this post, snooz . . . .
Old 01-14-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Night night Wolfie! Hope the doc was good!

I just bought a new recovery book. It's called "undrunk, a skeptics guide to aa." I read part of it in the bookstore (yes a brick and mortar bookstore, can you believe it?) and it was pretty good. I've had a heck of a time finding a particular book I was looking for I Cali and Ohio, so I relented and ordered it from Amazon. But this book looks cool too. Can't have too many recovery books, right?

Wanna know something else I dig about recovery? I waltzed right in there, browse and bought a book about alkies while wearing my full work uniform.

All those times I used to change clothes before getting in the car after work so I wouldn't be caught in uniform buying booze..

Another good thing? I was HALT for the entire second half of today. Not one, two, not even a trifecta. I was the whole dang thing. But I'm ok now. Got some food, some fizzy, calmed myself down, on here for some "company," and I'll get to bed early. Halt taken care of, no desire to drink. Bam.

Thanks for letting me kvetch. Have a good night, Julyers!
It's great to regain pride in ourselves, isn't it!!!!

Glad you used your HALT tools yesterday, wehav.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Wehav, I'm glad you coped so well.
Snoozy, you sound very well, long may it continue.
I should remember your quote about fate. I'm very sad and weepy today. I enjoyed my acting class last night, but all I can see is when they finish, everyone will go his or her own way, and I'll be alone again. I felt very alone on returning home after the class and I overate. I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up, for some reason I wondered if I had drunk. I hadn't but it was eerie. I used to pass out on the couch and wake up and go to bed. It felt the same.
I know many here have to cope with loneliness. I need to better accept my fate. I've injured my shoulder at the gym, and have to rest it and that feels like a blow.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I would just have liked either my sister or brother to have told me they were proud of me for quitting alcohol. But not a word. Sorry folks, bad day.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hugs Leshar.xx
Old 01-14-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Leigh, Snooz, Leshar & Croiss

Hi D, Bob & all fellow Julyers
Old 01-14-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
I would just have liked either my sister or brother to have told me they were proud of me for quitting alcohol. But not a word. Sorry folks, bad day.
Only two people have told me that they are proud of me; it can be disappointing but people who are not alcoholics simply don't understand how hard it is to quit. They are very fortunate but don't know just how fortunate they are.

In the end, though, I am immensely proud of myself. If I am the only one not patting my back, that is okay.

We are very proud of you, dear Leshar - very, very, very proud.