Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 28

Old 01-09-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Julyers hope you have all had a nice day I'm logging out now so goodnight & good day from me

Spk tomorrow guys
Old 01-09-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

What do you guys think is the best way to start my plan?
I'd really appreciate everyone's point of view on this.

What plans do you all have in place ? How did you get started on your plans ?

Xx
Old 01-09-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Snooz, you may not remember this because you were drinking, but you have asked this question before and many people have shared their supportive answers with you which can easily be found if you are ready to make a plan now.

Maybe a quick check back on your own posts when you asked about this before a few weeks ago? I've seen people give you oodles of supportive approaches, so it shouldn't be too hard. But you have to do the research too. Dee had some great links that have been shared with you several times too. Best of luck with it.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I put together some links a little time back Snooz

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

A good plan is all about support and using it - and making the changes necessary for your life to reflect your desire to be sober.

Have no fear that you can't do this.
It won't always be easy to stay sober but it will always be possible

D
Old 01-10-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

I started my plan by first talking with the local drug & alcohol while i was in a hospital bed & following his advice to get in touch with 2 diffrent alcohol outreach teams then calling AA when I got out of hospital, started seeing my Dr on a weekly basis, following my apts with the 2 outreach teams one was group therapy 4 days pw the other team came round to see me and talk with me & my situation offering me counseling & things like that

I started going meetings if not every day then every other speaking with ppl before & after meetings

I started journalling my experiences, I went the extra mile all the time even if it wasn't expected of me

Basically back in the early days I was doing something recovery related every single day it kept me sane sure I had lots of bad days but I had lots of good aswell

Snooz do whatever it takes love you rootin for you
Old 01-10-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy, I went to an addictions services agency and attended a group there and saw a counsellor for a few months. I've tried AA on and off, but I think it's not a good fit for me. I journal and read every day on SR. I've read a ton of recovery related books and novels. For me it's all about being honest with myself about how bad things had become, and acceptance that I had to change. It's hard, but you can do it! Love and hugs to you.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozums (borrowing the term Bob). Someone just posted a great plan on newcomers.
My Simple Daily Plan (A Self Rehab Treatment) =P

1. Say at least 3 positive affirmations in the mirror in the morning

2. Meditation 20 minutes a day

3. Exercise 30 minutes a day

4. Write down 7 things I am grateful for

5. Work with other alcoholics

6. Journal

7. Be kind to self and others
Old 01-10-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Snooz, I posted the below because it wasn't that long ago you asked, and no one had answered your post about a plan yet, so given no one had posted I thought you could easily find the details by looking back on your posts.

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Snooz, you may not remember this because you were drinking, but you have asked this question before and many people have shared their supportive answers with you which can easily be found if you are ready to make a plan now.

Maybe a quick check back on your own posts when you asked about this before a few weeks ago? I've seen people give you oodles of supportive approaches, so it shouldn't be too hard. But you have to do the research too. Dee had some great links that have been shared with you several times too. Best of luck with it.
It's here, from last month, scroll down and you will see what was shared with you, I think I also sent you a PM when you asked me directly a few weeks before that;

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-26-a-23.html

I think that was one important thing I needed to accept. That I had to do the work, I had to follow through and do it. The tools are there Snooz, choose what suits you and apply them. I'm not sure if you are doing non-assisted detox, or liaising with your doctor anymore, but I hope you get the help you need soon, instead of trying to do it all by yourself. This relapse has gone on for nearly 6 months now, so wishing you all the best.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Croiss x

Goodnight Julyers & g'day to the daytime Julyers
Old 01-10-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My plan?

I just finally got over the fact that drinking+me= disaster.
I figure I've beaten up my body and mind enough. Not to mention all the emotional/ turmoil drinking causes on family and friends.

At first I avoided all places that had alcohol.
My plan doesn't work for some and they need a little more help.
Guess it's really not the how but the result that counts.
Coming up on 2 1/2 years soon.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi, Julyers.

Man, what a busy day.

Sending love to all.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Busy day, soberleigh?
Did you get the heavy rains today as well?
Old 01-10-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

We did - in the early morning hours - and then some drizzle.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Snooz, I posted the below because it wasn't that long ago you asked, and no one had answered your post about a plan yet, so given no one had posted I thought you could easily find the details by looking back on your posts.

It's here, from last month, scroll down and you will see what was shared with you, I think I also sent you a PM when you asked me directly a few weeks before that;

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-26-a-23.html

I think that was one important thing I needed to accept. That I had to do the work, I had to follow through and do it. The tools are there Snooz, choose what suits you and apply them. I'm not sure if you are doing non-assisted detox, or liaising with your doctor anymore, but I hope you get the help you need soon, instead of trying to do it all by yourself. This relapse has gone on for nearly 6 months now, so wishing you all the best.

Thanks Crois , I know I have worn your patience thin. My alcoholic brain was obviously repetitive and I was not soaking up the advice

I'm following this detox to a tee . Exactly as if in the centre. The beauty of it is when I'm coming out of my fog I get up for a bit , walk with the animals & get fresh country air .

They feed me 3 meals a day the last night it was so hot we went for a midnight swim.

I'm very exhausted today. I've had no cravings but just feel the need to sleep.

It was a big day yesterday . I have my journal , I've got this.

Reading , reading , reading , thank you for your links Dee and your ongoing patience with me friends.

I knew I would get to this place eventually & I'm here .

LET I've done what you said this morning. Thank you very much xxx

Much love to everyone and thanks again.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hiya Snooz x

Hello Julyers
Old 01-11-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Keep at it, Snooz. Enjoy your time in the country.

I didn't have a plan for sobriety when I began my journey. The scope of my life was so narrow that I truly didn't have time for AA, etc. Caregiving was my almost 24/7 job. My only pan was to not pick up, no matter what.

Around the six month mark, I began to truly appreciate every single moment for the true blessing that it was; I call it my 'Grace of God' moment; it became easier as I sustained my sobriety on appreciation.

When caregiving ended, I joined SR and it has been my sole source of support.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Tons of snow today, but I made it to the gym. I'm going to see a movie this afternoon. Hope all are ok.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Enjoy the movie Leshar & Hi Leigh
Old 01-11-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi, SW.

Have a nice time at the movies, Leshar.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi guys day 4 which I haven't been able to get to for a long time . Yesterday was really hard , I was lethargic & slept most of the day away . Had my 3 good meals , I'm not so tired this morning. Its going to be a better day.

Leshar what movie are you going to see xx