Notices

Class of July 2015 Part 9

Old 01-05-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks. LOL its was the 5th Tokidoki. Think i have been working too much.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well then, congrats again, let! (Do they know your date on the 24-hour thread? You gotta get yourself some cake)
Old 01-05-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Very busy with work this week. The students and teachers are walking around bleary-eyed after vacation...
Also, chimes group is spending a lot of time practicing for the funeral on Sat...

How are all you Julyers doing?
Old 01-05-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Toki and Let, congrats on 6 months!
Old 01-05-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I reset my sobriety date to January 1 in all honesty. No drinking for 6 months is unfathomable to me. My best friend was the clerk at the liquor store
Old 01-05-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Honest and good, let. But you *have* gotten 6 months alcohol-free-Yay!

How are you doing, Upwards?
Old 01-05-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
now's the time

Toki! Let! Congratulations you two!!

I'll be there in 3 days. Oh wow. Toki, "beginning to feel like freedom"... yes, well put. I feel confident making plans and taking risks like never before. Or ok, that's not true. Like before the disease fully took over, which I'm beginning to pinpoint as 2011. It was a big problem long before that, but that's when I really lost my agency.

Shabby, I'm going to spend the next few days thinking over "what changes have you noticed". Thanks for that prompt. It's been a hard couple of weeks so I think that thought exercise will do me good.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I love that dancing banana :-)

Hey guys, I'm incredulous you are about to hit - or have just hit - 6 months (which worries me a bit). Remember when we were little kids, and sometimes you got left behind and ended up yelling out from behind the group "wait for meeeeee!!!!!!" I feel a bit like that. Seriously, though, it's really inspiring. Much more effort required from me this year. Cbf and I can be bringing up the rear :-)
Old 01-05-2016, 10:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
now's the time

There's room on the bus!!

Considering I quit in February of 2013, I've fallen far behind as well. I've had to learn that "I lost a year and a half" is just part of my story. It was sad and unnecessary but it happened and I'm stronger for it. If you keep trying you'll get it, and then it won't really matter how long it took.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
I love that dancing banana :-)

Hey guys, I'm incredulous you are about to hit - or have just hit - 6 months (which worries me a bit). Remember when we were little kids, and sometimes you got left behind and ended up yelling out from behind the group "wait for meeeeee!!!!!!" I feel a bit like that. Seriously, though, it's really inspiring. Much more effort required from me this year. Cbf and I can be bringing up the rear :-)
I'm going to hit you with a bit of Dee Zen now

The journeys the thing - not the destination

I learned so much on my journey - and it was my journey - I didn't have to keep up or slow down or catch up..

I learned to just *be*.

There's a real serenity and sense of freedom in that for me, TS

D
Old 01-06-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Dee - that really is slightly cosmic. We just went out for coffee and cake and I was contemplating that very same thing. Is there a joy in the journey? What if part of my purpose in this life is to simply *be* sober? You know, oftentimes I've noticed that when you stretch your hand out just a little - knock on that door - you get an answer.

Thanks, Dee :-)
Old 01-06-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day... something??? I've no idea. 13, 14? I feel so rough from this flu. I have no voice, a stabbing pain in my ear and absolutely no energy.

Glad to see you guys are all doing well. The whole group is booze free at the moment. That's a huge consolation for me on my deathbed *swoons hand over brow in dramatic fashion*

Back to bed! Have a good one
Old 01-06-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Tooshabby, i had a few sober stints in 14. I consider those learning experiances. In the grand scheme the days add up and matter because it signifies a behavorial change.
The good news is that you and cbf arent going way over the moon drinking like maybe you did 6 months ago. You learning and realizing the cause and effect. If you relapse your taking ownership. We are all on different courses of the same goal. I let muself get way left behind by my class of April 14 but its in the past nosense in thinking about it. We can only worry about the 24 hours ahead of us and be in the moment. You both will.get there on your own terms and we are all here for each other. Noone of use are perfect.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Dee speaks the truth!!

This cracked me up from another thread and is right on
Old 01-06-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks, let :-) Ha ha!!! If Morgan Freeman says so then he must be right!

Cbf....too funny. Sounds like a *serious* case of man flu :-D Seriously, though...very unpleasant. Take care and spoil yourself (or let yourself be spoiled).
Old 01-07-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hello from the snowy (and now sleety) driftless zone.

let- I 'saw' you over on the 24-hour thread. Glad to see you got some cake anyway (and kudos for the 'rigorous honesty'.

Cbf- That sounds like true influenza! Take care of yourself.

fantail- I hear you. Shabby's comment has got me thinking too.

Shabby- No worries. We are 'waiting' for you. You will get where you need to be and we'll be here.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Well, I actually had to take a day off yesterday (first sick- day this school year...) and I think I pushed it a little going back today because I have a raging headache.

I'd better log off (and in the meantime, do a little reflection).
Old 01-07-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks, Toki. You're all such sweethearts. I feel all gooey because I'm listening to David Bowie's new album....it's so beautiful. "I can't give everything away".....*so* lovely :-)
Old 01-07-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Wow you guys are off and running! Shabby I'm alright, too busy to check in I guess.

I agree, the time passed is irrelevant to what you're doing today to stay sober. I'm proud of everyone who's still around this thread fighting their battle.

CBF, sorry you're so ill, I hope it passes soon!
Old 01-07-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Tokidoki! Hope you feel better!
Yes i changed my date because i was not sober per the definition. Still drink free woohoo. Going to change my date everyday for cake until Strategery finds out shhhh dont tell

How are you Tooshabby? How is the new job going?

Watched a good documentary about the heroin problems in Cape Cod, Massachusetts HBO.

Hope your feeling netter CBF!
Congratulations on 6 months Fantail!! Have you mapped out your coach surfing back to cali yet? That sounds really exciting.

Hey Upward my sponsor suggested a good 12 step book called The Steps we took. I got it for $8 on my kindle. Its worth Checking out.

Hey Ubertoadie wherever you may be.
Have a good day/ night!