Old 02-01-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

I need a Dr who listens to me, UP.

D
Old 02-01-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I wonder if it's the "I went to medical school, how could a patient have a better idea then me" mentality?
Old 02-01-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Most doctors look up stuff on Google themselves!

It is so important to have a doctor that listens.

Mariah, I hope the ultrasound goes well today. Have you looked in to CBT as a way to manage the anxiety? There are lots of tools to use on the internet. It would be good to see a counsellor as well though. Thinking of you today <3

I had a lovely day off yesterday, now back to the whirlwind of work. I actually tidied my study yesterday, it's a joy to be in it now. I can see the the piano!

See you all later.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
I wonder if it's the "I went to medical school, how could a patient have a better idea then me" mentality?
I've met Drs who honestly think that patients know nothing and can't possibly provide any insight into their own medical issues.

I don't stay with those Drs

D
Old 02-02-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Only a cist, all is well!! Out soaking up some sun, feeling grateful
Old 02-02-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That's great to hear Mariah.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that Mariah,....

esp. the " soaking up some sun" in Feb. part.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Guys, a big relief so, back to the matter at hand of looking for a job & pulling myself out of this slump I'm in. I've been binging on sweet stuff...yuck, so am writing out a meal plan tonight & going to get myself back on track with healthy diet & workout schedule. I have been getting headaches which is unusual for me & sure the sugar is part of that.

Happy Wendesday to All!
Old 02-02-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Speaking of sweet stuff , ...I've just popped banana bread in the oven for later !
Fell off the sugar wagon again last night at work and had five glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts left from our guest's welcome coffee. It's a slippery slope , ..I tell ya !?

Was out earlier with the chain saw cutting more logs off that felled tree.
The plan is to use some of the logs as bases for 5 gal. containers for vegetables this spring. Have plenty of extra brick to put under the containers, so they can drain easy. Hoping it will make weeding easy,....and fun.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:50 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glazed crispy crimes would be hard to resist that sounds like a great idea with the planters TS. I'm ready to start working in my yard too...just take an area at a time to get back into shape. Ready to call it a day here. Have been chillin with the Granddog.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:34 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Mariah, that's such a relief, so glad to hear that all is well!

Tops, what are you using for the containers? That's a great idea, to bring the garden closer to you rather than bending down to it. It will be harder for slugs to get there first too, sort of a Himalayan experience for them. I expect you'll find that one of the more entrepreneurial blighters will be seeking sponsorship to climb the slug equivalent of Kilimanjaro! There'll be base camps set up and coach parties arriving........oh my!

Hoping to get out in my garden this week to make start too, you've inspired me again.

Have a great day all.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I want the tea Freein is drinking
Old 02-03-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I agree Mariah, I'm not really a tea drinker but maybe I should be.

Glazed krispy kremes are hard to resist. You know what they say top, go big or go home.
Those planters sound like a neat idea.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Well, it said it was peppermint on the packet, but now I'm not so sure.....

I think I might have been a bit over exuberant with yesterday's exercise session, I've been pleasantly achy all day.

How's your exercise routine going Mariah? Are you back at the gym yet?
Old 02-03-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

5 glazed donuts made me laugh!

Morning all,

Doctors are like guitarists. They're everywhere but very few of them are any good!

Peppermint tea and dark chocolate for me..................

Mariah: Very happy for your good news.

I'm stuggling with everything now. Not much sleep, alienated at work, 13 hour work days, 3 hours travel. Now Im scared to go home, scared of change.......

The no good Australian government are going to charge us $8k AUS to take my family home.
Went to the embassy, I must also sponsor my wife, which means I have to find a job immediately and hold it for 2 years. In that current economic climate.....

The AV has also reacted and vision of getting pissed, drinking with the boys, screw it all type of thing is back...

Like the relapse in mid 2015, when real pressure is applied, the AV is right there saying, come on lets go!

I know it's only in my head!

I've just gotta clear these hurdles....

Hope all are well.................

stay tuned......
Old 02-03-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats a pretty formidable wall of 'stuff' obo...if you were to drink you'd have no hope of clearing it, mate.

try and stay balanced and positive - wishing you the best

D
Old 02-03-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I know.......
Absolutely no hope at all...........

One hurdle at a time.
It's not the best for my bloody anxiety though, let me tell you!!!!

In the big scheme of things it's no worries.
I could be an african refugee trying to get into Europe...

Old 02-03-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
. It will be harder for slugs to get there first too, sort of a Himalayan experience for them. I expect you'll find that one of the more entrepreneurial blighters will be seeking sponsorship to climb the slug equivalent of Kilimanjaro! There'll be base camps set up and coach parties arriving........oh my!
^^ beautiful ,,really beautiful ,...

* entrepreneurial blighters * .....priceless !!

,... your first childrens book will be golden ?

Obo, . that's a hell of a hurdle alright,...
I'd rec. what Dee said x 100 if I could !

Staying sober come hell or high water is more important than ever now.

... My friend in the hospital seems like he's gonna live. Won't get into the gory details , but he's got a long road ahead.

Good news on the political front here,....
the campaign I volunteer for in the presidential race may kick some *ss next week. The mainstream media might even mention it a couple times ((maybe )),...if we're lucky. And our local campaign office is opening tomorrow !!

I heard the Goldman Sachs CEO say today our campaign "has the potential to be dangerous moment "
....yes sir ree ! ....your concern is duly noted.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you posted Obo & sorry that things are so stressful...I know how the uncertainty can spike the anxiety. Wish I had some great words of wisdom. It may be that things will be tight when you get back home but doesn't sound like your current situation will be good in the long run...those are some terribly long days. thinking positive things for you & your family!!

Glad to hear your friend is going to pull through TS.....I'm sure he is appreciating your friendship & support I am not involved on the political front at all....our government is a crying shame & not something I see changing in my lifetime or my Sons.
Always something here with me it seems but it is what it is....I have a 13 year old cat who is not well. Took him over to animal hospital tonight & they charged $110 dollars to tell me it would cost between $800 to $1200 to run test to determine the problem. I brought him home & going to make him comfortable & take him into to put him to sleep at our vets tomorrow if he is still lethargic & not eating or drinking. They gave me a dropper to try & get some fluid in him. He's a real sweet boy, Son picked him from a litter when he was little, so I am spending the night in the living room with him tonight....the cat lady.

Freein, I have smiles all day RE: the mountain climbing snails, definitely a children's story in that one!! Have a good day
Old 02-03-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Tops, that sounds exciting, I'll keep an eye on the news next week.

Obo, all hurdles can be overcome, one small step at a time. Your experience in HK will help with job hunting I'm sure - over here, employers seem to look favourably upon well travelled folks.

Tops, how did your banana bread turn out?

Off to work in a mo, better get a wiggle on!
Have a good day all.