Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
obxpaul

Trying Once Again

I rejoined SoberRecovery again a week ago after trying it out 3 years ago, I was sober for a month and then one beer was too many and two vodkas were not enough. I am determined to make this work finally and am really happy again to see I'm not alone in the struggle!! The funny part was reading posts I made from three years ago on here - they were all about how good I felt. In one I said I think I could handle a beer or two watching a football playoff game. It was my last post. Many, many drinks later, here I once again am. I think I'd love to make joining the January 2016 Class the boot I need to kick this beast out of my life for good. Feeling Better already...
Old 01-04-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Obxtacy

D
Old 01-04-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I am a bit late but want to start again. Did this back in July and it was great.

So I am excited to get back on track.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:53 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

So I've just got rid of my empties and also threw away my remaining stash of weed. I bought this a while back in some attempt to curb my drinking but I found it made me drink just as much.

Since I last attempted to quit, I have studied a lot about PTSD and realised that I had to learn to recognise and deal with flashbacks rather than just grabbing a beer. However, it has taken me a while to actually make the leap and I just hope the techniques learnt keep me on track.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:03 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Well I've gotten through 24 hours being sober. I'm exhausted, have slept on the couch most of the afternoon after a big gym session this morning. Now to cook a healthy dinner. I'm excited to wake up tomorrow and feel even better. Have a good evening everyone.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

im in
Old 01-05-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Morning

Had a long day at work yesterday and slept well last night. Just spent the morning getting money sorted and paying my tax bill that I can't really afford to pay. Money stuff really stresses me out because I never have enough.

Anyway other than the above feeling good. Ate healthily yesterday - first day in a looooong time I've managed that. Food is all planned out today too and I am busy all day so should be able to get 2 days on the trot done.

I'm slightly nervous about a party I am going to next month. It's going to be a tough one not to drink at.

Have a happy and healthy day everyone
Old 01-05-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope every one has had or will have another great sober day
Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone no matter what it is.

Charliesworld - don't get caught up in next month - you may even decide not to go?

D
Old 01-05-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say good morning and I hope you all have a great sober day! Today is day seven for me. The shakes, headache, and anxiety seem to have passed. I slept five straight hours last night., woohoo. Although I'm still very moody, right now I'm excited to tackle this day! Take care!
Old 01-05-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

May I join please I have way to many failed attempts behind me. I really need to have a fresh start and get my life in order. I have had a awful 2 years or so but hopefully new year new outlook binge drinking alone in the evenings is not a nice way to live.

Its day 5 and the alcholic depression is lifting a little I am starting to have a clearer perspective on changes I need to make some toxic situations I need to back away from and pushing myself to go out more and meet people.

Hope you are all having a good day I will catch up more later after work x
Old 01-05-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Day 1 again. One ounce of vodka yesterday. I have arthritis and can't take nsaids because of 2 near fatal bleeding ulcers. My pain is managed with tramadol (3/day) and I forgot my pill at home. I went 14 hours without and my pain and anxiety were horrific. It was as if I were going through some kind of withdrawal. I had one drink when I stopped at my friends house on the way home from work and blew my 4 day streak.

Today should be fine. Work then church for my meeting. It will be a long day, but I'm ready!
Old 01-05-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Back to work.
22 degrees. Keep me strong lord
Old 01-05-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon
Old 01-05-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Have a great sober day everyone!
The Bachelor and a cup of ice cream was my indulgence and sugar for last night. Need something for tonight.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Day 10...
Had a panic attack yesterday and feeling not so strong today. I don't want to drink. I just feel like something is wrong and can't put my finger on it. I'm trying to go through the motions and hope it passes. I go back to work today... Probly the cause of my anxiety. I'm a bartender so it's going to be a trying day. I'm holding tight to my plan and am starting to feel better as I post. I'm going to set my timer on my phone to count down my shift and stay logged on to SR. I will tell everyone I'm not drinking because I have to pick up my son after my shift. I can do this! I will post later to let you know how it goes.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job on day 10 Illi Sorry about the panic attacks have you tried belly breathing exercises
Old 01-05-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Sober since 1st January 2016

Originally Posted by obxtacy313 View Post
I rejoined SoberRecovery again a week ago after trying it out 3 years ago, I was sober for a month and then one beer was too many and two vodkas were not enough. I am determined to make this work finally and am really happy again to see I'm not alone in the struggle!! The funny part was reading posts I made from three years ago on here - they were all about how good I felt. In one I said I think I could handle a beer or two watching a football playoff game. It was my last post. Many, many drinks later, here I once again am. I think I'd love to make joining the January 2016 Class the boot I need to kick this beast out of my life for good. Feeling Better already...
Exactly the same as me, posted quite a bit at the end of October 2015, was about 3 weeks sober back then, then whilst eating for a curry I thought "I could just have a couple while I wait" ( I was feeling great)...

...6 pints and two bottles of wine later I was in a blackout. I pretty much got blind drunk twice a week until New Year's Eve !

We can do it mate!!!
Old 01-05-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Early morning here. I've hardly slept a wink, I would say that's because I slept a lot in the day yesterday, hopefully I can get back into a good routine soon.
Feeling anxious, but happy to be on day 2.
Off to the gym and then work. I'll be exhausted by the time I get home so I'll sleep well tonight.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by illi1111 View Post
Day 10...
Had a panic attack yesterday and feeling not so strong today. I don't want to drink. I just feel like something is wrong and can't put my finger on it. I'm trying to go through the motions and hope it passes. I go back to work today... Probly the cause of my anxiety. I'm a bartender so it's going to be a trying day. I'm holding tight to my plan and am starting to feel better as I post. I'm going to set my timer on my phone to count down my shift and stay logged on to SR. I will tell everyone I'm not drinking because I have to pick up my son after my shift. I can do this! I will post later to let you know how it goes.
Great work on day 10 there illi! You're doing just great, keep us posted as your shift at work passes. Keep in mind all of the negative alcohol experiences you've had recently, and your great efforts in hitting day 10. No-one can force your hand to drink, whether you're in a bar or anywhere else. Stay strong, with mind present - you can keep this going.

CC
Old 01-05-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

illi - stay strong friend. Play the tape forward and remember that one drink may mean 10 drinks. Yuck!