Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Keeping it up

So beginning day 4. Weekend was pretty good. Slight headache and a little ditzy feeling on Sunday, but overall really good.
I'm loving the vitamin therapy I am on. It's helping my moo/depressive nature and I'm eating really well. Would love some sugar but I know that is just a replacement. If it came to a drink or cake, of course it would be cake, but I'm trying to get out of the cycle altogether.

Keep on keeping it up. Thanks to all for being here.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Good morning day 4. Ugh. I did not sleep well because my roommate turned the heat off and I woke up with chattering teeth. I can't afford to get sick right now. There's so much sickness flying around my work. So I had to go back to sleep and try to rest more. Now it's kind of late.

I should go to the grocery store and make sure I have some staples in my house. Then I should try to get some work done here at the house. Then I'm going to try to get some lunch and go read at the coffee shop again.

Once I can get up. Ugh.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

At home vs. work today due a sick child- which would normally translate into YAY, i can start drinking earlier.... sigh... had to go to the store at 7:30 after dropping youngest at school and fight the AV - which is too early.. but i prevailed and am proud of myself for that. Just trying to take care of my son and stay busy here on day 2. No alcohol here thank goodness. Have wanted to run out a few times but keep coming on here and reading.
Thanks to everyone who shares on here, it really helps...
Hope everyone has a calm and happy sober day.
Curly
Old 01-11-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Hey all, day 3 ending shortly.

Just feel irritable and emotional today. I currently live with my sister (just recently ) tonight she is doing her barely speaking routine and I just don't have the strength to deal with it. I came home from work feeling fine and now I feel utterly miserable. I don't know why how I feel is dependent on her mood. Going to have a shower and read a good book. The only good thing is that I feel so utterly pissed off that I have no desire to drink. Silver lining and all that ☺

Stay strong everyone!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

day 8, was doing pretty well, now its mid afternoon and I'm running out of gas, palms starting to sweat, anxiety coming on. No desire to drink, just lay down!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cara39 View Post
Hey all, day 3 ending shortly. Just feel irritable and emotional today. I currently live with my sister (just recently ) tonight she is doing her barely speaking routine and I just don't have the strength to deal with it. I came home from work feeling fine and now I feel utterly miserable. I don't know why how I feel is dependent on her mood. Going to have a shower and read a good book. The only good thing is that I feel so utterly pissed off that I have no desire to drink. Silver lining and all that ☺ Stay strong everyone!
I also live with my Bestfriend/Sister and get the feeling of guilt and burden of doing so. Not that it's her fault at all, but this feeling often pushes me to drink and escape the thoughts/feelings often. No license(Dui) and having to depend on her gives me no self worth or independence. Your fortunate because at least you have your own job and I'm sure you contribute to the bills. Hope today gets better!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

The wine-o bank is up and running now. My bottle has $40 in it. $10 for every day I haven't had a drink.

I would absolutely, without fail, spend at the very least $10 a day on a bottle of wine, or a fancy cocktail or a couple of beers every single day. And those were light days.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Most days were not light days
Old 01-11-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

The bank is a great idea, Plenny.
I calculated what I haven't spent on wine in 11 days and bought myself something I've wanted and didn't get for Christmas.
Day 11 for me. Very! irritable today thinking I can't have my wine tonight. Resentful and pissed actually. I keep thinking, "really?? I can't drink anymore??"
I know I have to ride this feeling out. I read Allan Carr's Easy Way book a few months ago. Going to read it again starting today when I get a chance.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Coming to the end of Day six. Totally understand the irritability and resentment. I've got easy days in work from now on, which makes temptation even more prevalent. Usually it'd be 'i have early starts every morning except tomorrow, now is my only chance to have twelve beers and sip secret brandy or any other hard spirit when the OH is asleep.' And that would be my excuse.

Good job I've got later starts and am part time... I'm bloody knackered!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Most days were not light days
Plenny, I know that! My light days weren't even light days. The money bank is a great idea. I was also a binge smoker when drunk, I'd happily puff through 10 to 20 every session with that being about 4 sessions a week. And some people in my life think I don't smoke because they never saw me misbehaving!

I'm going to do the same. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Good going everyone on getting through another day.

Lots of positive and empowering words on here, in the face of adversity. I think we're all doing a great job in discovering and sharing this journey. It really helps to pull us through.

July - I've found days 10-13 to be very irratable days for me - ironically it cleared today, although I was back to work! Never mind, got through it. I was much the same, felt irrational and crabby, noticed by the wife. I found a bit of exercise helped somewhat, but eventually just went to bed to silence my head.

Olivia - sorry, I searched fruitlessly for that breathing technique link I referred to. It was in another thread a few weeks back. If I find it I'll pass it on. I'm guessing you've probably searched something equally effective up off the web by now anyway.

Hope everyone is staying strong and at least seeing some positive early changes.

CC
Old 01-11-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Wow yeah all the added food expenses while drunk and not caring about the bill, or when hungover, and the cigarettes. Thank goodness I stopped doing drugs about 10 years ago, that used to cost even more.
But it's simple enough to just fill the bank with my daily drinking budget. I'd love to see what would happen if I even knew how much I REALLY spent per day with drinking and the associated extras.
But I'm trying to pay down some really bad credit card balances and maybe invest in martial arts classes so I'll stick to $10 per day

Glad it seems like a good idea!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

January

First post, entering "evening" 8. Never a morning drinker.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Plenny - I also love the bottle bank idea! I need to come up with a similar plan and maybe treat myself!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

I love the money bank. I was spending over $200 per week on weed.

Bad news, I failed the drug test. They let me know by phone (the lab, not my store). They asked if I had a doctor's recommend, and I do. I do not know if it will matter to them.

I am not panicking.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Hi toru!

I'm sorry about the drug test silly. How long does it take to get out of your system?
Old 01-11-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

At 200 per week for weed, that is about what I earn a month since I am part time. If I stay off the weed, my household will not feel the loss of income, so that is good.

It is very bad for me because I NEED to be doing something!

OK, so maybe I am panicking. Not going to drink or use over it though.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear the news on that Silly. As you say, probably no point panicking, best to just gather your thoughts and when the time comes just be as open and upfront as you can if you get a face to face opportunity.

Can only control what you can in these tricky situations life throws up. Hopefully the situation pans out.

Fingers crossed for you.

CC
Old 01-11-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Hi toru!

I'm sorry about the drug test silly. How long does it take to get out of your system?
For a cheek swab, 12 - 24 hours for a normal person. Two to seven days for a heavy user like me.