Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by adelina123 View Post
Hey everyone hope I'm not too late to join the January class? ? I'm on day 3 today. My consumption has crept up one and half - 2 bottles nearly every night. I look awful, have gained loads of weight ( doesn't help that I binge eat when I'm drunk). I feel it's put of control now. I have to stop. This is the first time I've joined class so not sure what to expect??
I could have written this myself. 2 bottles a day, weight gain, binge eating when drinking.

I am new to this as well, I think we have found an amazing place for support!
Old 01-09-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.
Day 4 over here. So blessed to wake up sober, refreshed and without an ounce of guilt in my bones.

You know, I tried to stop drinking many years ago but did not have a support system like this one. And quite frankly, I stumbled across this by accident when I googled a question about drinking the other day. It was divine intervention indeed.

Thank you to everyone who shows up, comments, moderates. I have a feeling I can do this because of all of you.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

After a stumble, I'm starting day 1 again. I had 3 years completely clean and am having trouble putting together 3 days. I am determined to remain in this class...
Old 01-09-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

You can do this, Optimist. We are here to hold you up.
I woke up this morning wth a big headache and my first thought was.....I hate that I drank more than a bottle of wine I have to cut back.....
But I hadn't had any alcohol for 9 blessed days!! I quickly remembered this and felt really happy and proud that my headache is not the result of a binge
Old 01-09-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Behindthelens, great job on getting through yesterday. If you feel like you can post when going through that we can try to help end encourage you

lisatryingagain, thanks for sharing and I agree the best thing to do is to get back up and start again, guilt and shame don't help anything

Sunflowerlife & adelina123 , that is me too, two bottles of wine, binge eating, weight gain. I am working on both the drinking and the weight gain this year.

Optimist, you had 3 years which is amazing I know it is hard to start again but you can do it. I am glad you are here.

Hi everyone,
Today is Day 6. This last week I had the flu and to be honest, it made these first few days much easier to not drink because I couldn't even think about drinking. However, I feel better now and I am a little worried the cravings are going to start. I know it is inevitable and will deal with them the best I can.

I did some grocery shopping last night as it is supposed to be pretty cold here this weekend, I think single digits. A good weekend to stay inside and watch movies

Thanks everyone for posting, I am glad to be a part of this class.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Sober now 6 days, and hope to stay that way
Old 01-09-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Well, the first 8 days seemed so easy. Today I really would love to go and drink a few beers and shoot the breeze at the local. I'm sticking to the thought that if I don't go I won't regret not going tomorrow but if I do go I may well regret it. Pity it didn't stay easy but I guess there has to be a test at some point.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Last night I found an old pipe that had half a bowl left and I lit it up. I think I finally have all weed and smoking stuff out of my house now. I am cranky and tired. I think I have spent 18 of the latest 24 hours checking in various places here. I need to get outside today and hopefully have a better day.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'd like to join you

I'm trying again. I had some success before using SR as support but I got complacent and slipped back into old habits very quickly. I drink anything and everything I can get my hands on and I'm so sick of this life, I'm exhausted. I want a sober life so badly. Day 1.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class, Cara. I really related to everything you said. Good to have you here.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SillyHuman View Post
Welcome to the class, Cara. I really related to everything you said. Good to have you here.
Thanks Silly, good to be here ☺
Old 01-09-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
I live in the central time zone of the U.S. so I'll probably be saying good morning at odd hours. However, it is noon here. And day 2 for me.
Lately I've taken to sleeping all day or simply lying around in bed staring at the screen until I have to go to work. In these early stages, I'm sure I'll have at least a few more days like that.
I recently got a job at a restaurant nearby my house. Before that I was bartending in a place that was very very easy to drink at, very busy and stressful. Im still friends with the staff and some of them have quit drinking as well. So I know I can talk to them. But I am so very happy I got out of that environment and into a less stressful, more food oriented atmosphere.
I recently moved myself across the country because I was lost after my marriage fell apart and I lost my old job. Struggling with identity. I am hoping my sobriety will help be focus in on what to do next. And take advantage of my new chapter and focus more on art.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I hope everyone's feeling well, regardless of how last night went. The fact that you're still here is very positive.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Plenny, what kind of art do you do?
Old 01-09-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi Silly,
I am a painter and I also am trying to get back into making comics. Hopefully as a way to tell my story
Old 01-09-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I ate real food, walked the dogs and went bowling. I bowled 66. Not great fun but it killed the afternoon. Work is an hour. I hope I do not tear anyone's head off at work, because I really, really want to!
Old 01-09-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Ok headed in to work. Here goes
Old 01-09-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

So I picked up my granddaughter at my daughter's house. My daughter has always said my skin looks so much better when I quit drinking. It's been like 17 or 18 days (but I had two nasty wines on NYE). So my daughter told me almost as soon as she saw me that my skin looks beautiful ! She also said that I look smoking hot! Black hat, neat black coat and make up on right!!!! That was a great boost for me. Her boyfriend asked if I feel any different or better. I said, "Oh yea! So much better!"

Positives always help. My daughter is full support on her parents staying sober! So is our son. He goes dry for a while then binges. But he's a scary binger. He's doing good these days.

Keep up the good work everybody!

Olivia
Old 01-09-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I find it strangely comforting reading about everyone's vastly different experiences and being able to relate to so many! The highs and lows, clarity and confusion and everything in between. On any given day, no matter where we are in our struggle, someone is feeling the same as us.

It's so good to know we're not alone
Old 01-09-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Day 5 in Australia

Hi all. I've been hovering around SR for months now trying to find the courage to take the big step and not dissolve into wine oblivion each and every night, 1.5 to 2 bottles every night and more on weekends.
I have got to the point where I need to drink to deal with most of my daily activities outside of the home or the anxiety nearly kills me. I know my drinking makes the anxiety worse but it's become a cycle that's hard to see my way out of. Anyway after spending a few days away at a friends unit with both families near the beach and drinking a fair swag of it to deal with being out of my comfort zone my friend got mad with me and was so rude she made me cry. She talked to my husband and has been messaging him (who also drinks heavily) and he has now made a stand. Well an ultimatum of sorts, so I've kind of been forced into taking this first step. He's not drinking now but I feel betrayed by her in a way as she has cut off from me and am mad with him for talking with her and his attitude of zero tolerance.
Well I'm on day 5 and I want to keep this going now that I have gone this far. Haven't had a sober Sat night in as long as I can remember.
My biggest issue is that I feel like crap( an Aussie expression I think)
I'm not sleeping and I'm so lethargic and foggy it's an effort to make this post.
I have read so much and learnt so much reading these posts that even though much of what I've written is pessimistic I'm quietly optimistic and inspired by you guys.
So many have and are dealing with worse so excuse me for my little whinge!