Beginning day 2 and so thankful to be a part of this class ��
Old 01-06-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Oops day 4- not 5.
Lol doesn't matter.
Stay on the path.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I feel like I have a lot of time on my hands. Starting today, I am working two jobs, at least for a while, so that should keep my busier. Marijuana was a great time waster. My house is a mess.

I have created some drama for myself in that I do not know for a fact that I passed the cheek swab yesterday for the new job, and I had to tell them at the old job because I need to figure out how to schedule hours for both.

I work for Lowe's, which I will say without hesitation is the epitome of the evil American corporation. They resent having to: 1) hire full time; 2) having to work around any restriction in hours - they insist on 100% availability, 364 days per year. They are not going to work around my new employer. So, I will probably lose that job anyway. Then if I do not pass the cheek swab . . . oh dear.

I lit up a cig as soon as I woke up, oh well. I switched to an e-cig.

Question, could a really attractive bong be made into a tiered vase for flowers? It was a Christmas gift and I hate to just throw it away. I have a cutting garden and arrange flowers in the summer. That is what I would really like to try doing for a living. I used to be a paralegal, but paralegals do not exist much anymore, along with office staff in general is getting to be a rare thing. Dang technology anyway!

Anyway, I am just rambling. I hope everyone woke up well and has clean and sober day.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

So true, once you quit you realize how much time was spent drinking/using.

Last night was the final class in my Drinking Driver Program and we talked about how to handle suddenly having so much free time. I'm frantically looking for new things to do!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone
Day 11...
Not feeling bad and not feeling good.
But I'm here and that's what matters. I'm kinda sick of thinking about my self so much. I'm going to review my plan and allow my self a mental break from the "me show".
Stay Strong Everyone
Old 01-06-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by squirrel36 View Post
Yesterday was the worst. Really terrible things at work, and I couldnt sleep at night. I felt desperate. But, to my amazement, I didnt crave a drink.

Starting day 6 now.
Well done! Sounds like you had a day like mine. Just goes to prove we CAN do this despite the drama in our lives that usually has us reaching for the bottle. Congrats on day 6 😊
Old 01-06-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I'm flagging traffic. 30 degrees. Got pulled from my truck driving job cause they shorthanded. Back killing me. Too old to be freezing to death in the wind. Drama I hear you all ! For real !
Not reaching for a drink. Soak in a hot bath I hope. 4 hrs to go, roughly.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reality check, JL2014. I was just whining to myself that I do not want to be working two jobs. I really hate one of them, but at least I'm not out in the cold wind with back pain.

Edited to add: Hang in there. You are doing it!
Old 01-06-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening gang hope everyone is having a ok day just about to have a chicken curry I love a tikka masala

Keep up the good work
Old 01-06-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I'm joining up too. Day one for me...
Good luck everyone
Old 01-06-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class, Glb82. I am on day one too.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

I took the dog for a walk and grabbed a shower. I wish I could say it helped.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Just want to give a shout out to my fellow classmates. Onward to day 4 for me. Hope all is well. Good luck everyone!
Old 01-06-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 6 - just wanted to check in and say hi. Great to see everyone posting.

Had a constant headache and some poor sleep, but no real complaints. Hopefully will pass soon - been here before and took 3 weeks for sleep to get back to usual for me last time.

Keep well
Old 01-06-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I wish I could envision a life without weed. I know it is stupid, but all I see in front of me is bleak without my buzz.

I'm off to work.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Well it's the first time my husband and I have come to lake and not drank! We've had a place at the lake for eight years! I've been sleeping like a log and we are both enjoying being sober. He can turn it off tho. I took such a big nose dive last November and December that I'm ready to quit. Sick of my behavior. Tired of being tired, etc. I will say, I'm a "sleepy" drunk as my nephew would say. Normally not obnoxious or loud.

Normally don't have any withdrawals. Last October though we both started having night sweats. I kinda attributed it to anxiety as we kick up to 90 hours a week with our fall business. I wasn't drinking heavily in October. Yogapants mentioned one time about sweats and your liver trying to get rid of all that sugar causing sweats (something like that). That's kind of scary. Anyway, no more sweats for a while now.

The best thing for me is exercise and vitamins. When I bought a Nutribullet, I noticed a difference in my energy and well being. Just getting enough green leafy vegetables and fruit along with the different powders, honey and cinnamon was good for me. Also, I'm eating a lot better these days.

Anyway, have a sober day! I'm reading a James Patterson book for fun for a change.

Olivia
Old 01-06-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi All, happy to count myself in with you this month. I'm ready to commit to a life without alcohol. Never again.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

I work 2 jobs also but my second job is only 2-3 a month and on weekends. Had to be out last weekend due to the inlaws terminal illness, and it's gonna hurt come bill-paying time.
I had a parttime job that paid more, but I too hated it, and it was very hard. Found one that sometimes is gravy but pays less. I'm 44 yrs old so easier is an issue for me. 2 of my 3 kids are younger, and exhaustion doesn't play well, for spending time with them.
Done with miserable workload for the day, off in an hr.
Hoping for the floating in the bathtub plan !
Old 01-06-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi eyeshake - welcome

silly I don;t know anyway you could make a bong not look like a bong. Again, I'd consider getting rid of it an investment in your future without weed.

With the money you'll save sans weed, you could buy a really nice vase-vase?

D
Old 01-06-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Quick check in on Day 9 for me, hope everyone's well and welcome to new arrivals!

Not much to report today, put it down as a simple "being kind to myself" sorta day. Was tired due to broken sleep caused by my four year old's night terrors! Fortunately I wasn't the cause!

So kept off the exercise and did a tasty curry for dinner. About to hit the hay. Can't say I've had any temptations from Mr AV today, long may that continue, but ever watchful.

Best to everyone for another day sober.

CC