Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 8

Old 01-02-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I know Dee. I've been reading the link you sent me all day today. It just hurts, I'm very emotional today. Facing reality hurts. But I'm not giving up
I'm glad you're not giving up, Patricia. You deserve so much better. You are in my thoughts (((Patricia)))
Old 01-03-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Brother...my addiction puts me into autopilot-mode to the point that I'll drink until I pass out, even if that takes 12hrs. But, this will only happen if I take the first drink - I have to feed the addiction in order to waken it. Right now the beast inside of me is in a coma and unless I drink again, it will never wake up.

I am only powerless over alcohol if it's in my bloodstream. If my BAC is 0.00, I'm the one with power over alcohol and the beast of addiction. I can control if I slip. I can control if I put baileys in my coffee. I can control if I decide to have 'just one'. Like Dee said the other day, don't give the AV/Beast a chance, we have control over whether or not we put alcohol into our system.

Next time the Beast starts chirping, tell it to go suck it and find something else more satisfying to do!
Perfectly put SM

This line especially:-

"Right now the beast inside of me is in a coma and unless I drink again, it will never wake up"
Old 01-03-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
can you give the hamper back enfin - they might be able to raffle it again?

D
I removed the booze and will give it away... the other stuff is cool... except the chicken liver pate with gin... urghhhh....

Plus the wicker hamper is worth a bit!!.and very nice for a self somewhere. ..😊
Old 01-03-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

Wow! The prize was a hamper full of booze? What are you going to do with those booze enfin?
Booze and other luxury things... giving booze away... and keeping wicker hamper which is very nice!!!
Old 01-03-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Patricia, I am.so.sorrt for your situation. .. it all becomes clearer with sobriety I guess, and then things start to happen. .. but if u stay sober they will be the right things for you and your child and your heart too.... sending you strength x
Old 01-03-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

hey everyone, haven't checked in for a while but all is well
day 39 for me, and making another attempt to quit smoking now that the holidays are over and my courses will be starting wednesday.
I've tried so many times to stop but this is the one, i know it.
have a wonderful day all
Old 01-03-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Friend of my OH is in the ICU with pancreatitus. He is not expected to make it. I know he liked to drink a lot of vodka. Not sure if he knew he had a problem, or accepted it. Pretty sure he continued to drink after some acute cases. He has a wife and two small boys.

Could easily be me and it makes me sick.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Friend of my OH is in the ICU with pancreatitus. He is not expected to make it. I know he liked to drink a lot of vodka. Not sure if he knew he had a problem, or accepted it. Pretty sure he continued to drink after some acute cases. He has a wife and two small boys.

I'm sorry to hear about this sad news. I always read about someone becoming seriously ill and wonder if I'm next and don't realize it. Just keep it up and don't lose sight of your goals.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Patricia (hugs). I haven't chimed in much, because my thoughts were against the grain of what was being said here (It makes a lot of sense not to make rash decisions) my feelings are that if someone is bringing you that much anguish you are better off without them. Vows or no vows.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Supertired View Post
hey everyone, haven't checked in for a while but all is well
day 39 for me, and making another attempt to quit smoking now that the holidays are over and my courses will be starting wednesday.
I've tried so many times to stop but this is the one, i know it.
have a wonderful day all
Good luck supertired! You can do it!
Old 01-03-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

That's rough BBF. .. and old dear friend of mine was found unconscious just before Xmas and has liver failure... cirrhosis I guess. .. he surprisingly didn't die, but is all swollen up with fluid, memory in tatters, learning to walk again... I don't know what his prognosis is. ... zero.if he picks up special brew again I guess. He is 51. So so.sad, a talented.musician with so.many friends. .... alcohol destroys anything with no exceptions....
Hope he makes it and can change???
Old 01-03-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

A friend of a friend recently died from pancreatitis and he was in his early 30's. It can happen from long term abuse and also from binges! You just never know.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I had a drink last night. At home, in the middle of the night, no damage.

My plan is to talk to my counselor this week. I have an appointment on Friday.

And I am going to talk to my doctor on Monday. PMS was the cause of way too many slips, I want her to do some tests and work on a plan. This is not normal PMS, I literally lose my mind 3 days a month every month and it's time to fix it.

I am not giving up.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Checking in day 3! Had a little encounter with my husband. It's probably a combination of things..he's trying to stop smoking but I think he resents me bc of my binge drinking. I had 15 episodes in 2015. So it's not like I was binge drinking every time we went out. Anyways, he wanted to go to a local bar to watch playoff games. I told him I would go and that I wouldn't drink but to be honest I just wanted to stay home today. He made a comment that he wished we just go out without having to worry about my overdoing it and that he was tired of going out alone. I encouraged him to go out by himself to watch the games but he wouldn't go. He also said he doesn't understand why I am the way I am. There's a variety of contributing factors to what's going on. This is part of the issue..,he likes to go out to places where drinking is center and I can't handle it.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Booze and other luxury things... giving booze away... and keeping wicker hamper which is very nice!!!
Ok good! Haha. How are you today?
Old 01-03-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Supertired View Post
hey everyone, haven't checked in for a while but all is well day 39 for me, and making another attempt to quit smoking now that the holidays are over and my courses will be starting wednesday. I've tried so many times to stop but this is the one, i know it. have a wonderful day all
This IS the one Supertired! You are doing it!!! :-)
Old 01-03-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Friend of my OH is in the ICU with pancreatitus. He is not expected to make it. I know he liked to drink a lot of vodka. Not sure if he knew he had a problem, or accepted it. Pretty sure he continued to drink after some acute cases. He has a wife and two small boys. Could easily be me and it makes me sick.
Oh no!!! This hellish disease will kill anyone in its path! I hate hate hate it!

So sorry for you husbands friend. :-(
Old 01-03-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

Ok good! Haha. How are you today?
Good thanks, and you??

No desire to drink at all... that's good.... no struggle... that's good. Massive doom and anxiety about going back to work... that's bad! At least I'm not drunk to forget the inevitable ...

Life is never quite what we imagine is it, that's part of the struggle I guess. ...

Only 20 years till I can retire, if I live that long!!! Hahahahahaha. ...
Old 01-03-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! 50 days today without alcohol or cigarettes! I feel so much better every day.

I'm just checking in real quick to say I hope everyone has a great day. I have a lot to do today before the kids start back to school tomorrow so I need to hop off here & I will check back in later. :-)

Patricia & Rah...hang in there and just don't drink no matter what! Stay strong and I'll be thinking about and praying for both of you!
Old 01-03-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
A friend of a friend recently died from pancreatitis and he was in his early 30's. It can happen from long term abuse and also from binges! You just never know.
Yeah, that's how old this guy is. Very sad.