Blogs


Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 8

Old 12-31-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberMarathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 678
Sober New Years Eve...what a different perspective without a drink in hand...the year of first's continues...
SoberMarathon is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SoberMarathon For This Useful Post:
blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), KiKi0615 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (12-31-2015), patricia68 (12-31-2015), RedAndy (01-01-2016), SwimKim12 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Member
 
patricia68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,075
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Yum!!! What are you getting? :-)
Spring rolls, chicken chow mein, deep fried shrimp, and some kind of vegetable stir fry that I can't even pronounce! It was yummy!

Now I need coffee, it's only 7pm here...I have no idea how am I going to stay awake until midnight!
patricia68 is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to patricia68 For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (12-31-2015), blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), KiKi0615 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (12-31-2015), RedAndy (01-01-2016), SwimKim12 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberMarathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 678
Also hit up a sports bar for the first time today with my BIL...no challenge or cravings but he made some comments like 'how long are you off the beer this time?'...that lack of understanding irritated me a bit but I can't expect others to fully get what we go through I guess...that's why we're here and they're not!
SoberMarathon is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SoberMarathon For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (12-31-2015), blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), KiKi0615 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (12-31-2015), RedAndy (01-01-2016), SwimKim12 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Member
 
SwimKim12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 563
Hi, All! Happy and grateful to be sober. I read my journal from last year and I was so triggered on NYE. I ended up drinking. I was mad because my ex had posted pics of him drinking beer, so I decided that I would get even by drinking beer too (stupid AV). No cravings tonight but feeling a bit lonely. May call my parents in a bit.

So happy to start a new year sober with you all.
SwimKim12 is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SwimKim12 For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (12-31-2015), blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (12-31-2015), Olivia2011 (12-31-2015), RedAndy (01-01-2016), SoberMarathon (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Member
 
KiKi0615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 5,250
Yum Patricia!!!

SoberMarathon, be careful about going to bars in early sobriety. It often comes back to bite newly sober alcoholics in the butt.

Happy New Year SM & Patricia!
KiKi0615 is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KiKi0615 For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (12-31-2015), blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), Meshelly (12-31-2015), patricia68 (12-31-2015), RedAndy (01-01-2016), SoberMarathon (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Member
 
Supertired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 365
HAPPY NEW YEAR
From the most easterly point in North America
Supertired is offline  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Supertired For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (12-31-2015), blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), KiKi0615 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (12-31-2015), Olivia2011 (12-31-2015), RedAndy (01-01-2016), SoberMarathon (12-31-2015), SwimKim12 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Member
 
KiKi0615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 5,250
12 minutes until 2016 where I am! Happy New Year!!! Praying for a GREAT year for ALL of us!
KiKi0615 is offline  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KiKi0615 For This Useful Post:
blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), Olivia2011 (12-31-2015), patricia68 (12-31-2015), paul37 (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016), SwimKim12 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberMarathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 678
48mins till 2016 here...ready to tackle this year clean and sober!!
SoberMarathon is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SoberMarathon For This Useful Post:
blondsober (01-01-2016), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), KiKi0615 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016), SwimKim12 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Member
 
SwimKim12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 563
Well I'm not going to make it to midnight here so I will wish you all a happy new year and write to you again in 2016!
SwimKim12 is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SwimKim12 For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (12-31-2015), blondsober (01-01-2016), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), KiKi0615 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Member
 
Olivia2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Missouri
Posts: 515
Happy NewYears to the class of November! You guys are great!

I am reading a book called "I Want To Change My Life" by Steven Melemis. Very good book about mindfulness, mind-body relaxation and CBT. Just finished a part on catastrophic thinking Kiki! Bought it on amazon.

Also bought a self-hypnosis MP3 thing about alcohol from selfhypnosis.com. It's not great but it's not bad. The more I listen, the better. Any reinforcement is very helpful to me.

Anyway, you guys rock as people say!

Olivia
Olivia2011 is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Olivia2011 For This Useful Post:
blondsober (01-01-2016), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), KiKi0615 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), patricia68 (12-31-2015), RedAndy (01-01-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Member
 
bblackbirdflyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 1,551
Blog Entries: 3
Happy New Year! From Iowa :-) what a great year 2016 will be.
bblackbirdflyy is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bblackbirdflyy For This Useful Post:
blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (12-31-2015), KiKi0615 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 188,563
Blog Entries: 1
here's hoping

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (12-31-2015), blondsober (01-01-2016), KiKi0615 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Member
 
KiKi0615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 5,250
Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Happy NewYears to the class of November! You guys are great! I am reading a book called "I Want To Change My Life" by Steven Melemis. Very good book about mindfulness, mind-body relaxation and CBT. Just finished a part on catastrophic thinking Kiki! Bought it on amazon. Also bought a self-hypnosis MP3 thing about alcohol from selfhypnosis.com. It's not great but it's not bad. The more I listen, the better. Any reinforcement is very helpful to me. Anyway, you guys rock as people say! Olivia
I will have to check that out Olivia!!! I am definitely a catastrophic thinker & it's not fun.
KiKi0615 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KiKi0615 For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (12-31-2015), blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Meshelly (01-01-2016), Olivia2011 (01-01-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Member
 
patricia68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,075
Blog Entries: 1
We had a quiet evening watching movies and eating tons of chocolate. At midnight we watched a video of the fireworks in Sidney, it was beautiful. My son had chocolate milk, I had carrot juice, and my husband was drinking something with alcohol but it didn't bother me. I think my AV fell asleep 4 hours ago

Happy New Year everybody!
patricia68 is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to patricia68 For This Useful Post:
blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (01-01-2016), KellyToronto (01-02-2016), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), Olivia2011 (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Member
 
KiKi0615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 5,250
Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
We had a quiet evening watching movies and eating tons of chocolate. At midnight we watched a video of the fireworks in Sidney, it was beautiful. My son had chocolate milk, I had carrot juice, and my husband was drinking something with alcohol but it didn't bother me. I think my AV fell asleep 4 hours ago Happy New Year everybody!
Happy New Year Patricia!!! Carrot juice? Hmmm...never had it. Is it good?
KiKi0615 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KiKi0615 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (12-31-2015), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), Olivia2011 (01-01-2016), patricia68 (01-01-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Member
 
bblackbirdflyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 1,551
Blog Entries: 3
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
here's hoping

D
Pretty sure I was blacked out by this time last year. Possibly vomiting in my own bed. :/ What a way to celebrate a new year... Crazy, who wants to ring in a fresh start with a giant hangover? Not this gal.

If I hadn't drank last week I'd be at 48 days today. Even though it is a big deal, and it was insanely stupid of me to drink, I am trying to move on as though it never happened. It's working so far. I can't wallow in the fact that I'm really only 6 days sober. Breeding ground for AV. "You messed up bbf, might as well mess up some more." Screw that. I'm doing great and I'm still proud of myself and I'm going to win this fight.

Sorry self needed a pep talk. Ha ha.
bblackbirdflyy is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bblackbirdflyy For This Useful Post:
blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (12-31-2015), Keepnitreal (01-01-2016), KiKi0615 (01-01-2016), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), Olivia2011 (01-01-2016), patricia68 (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Member
 
learntofly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 120
Happy New Year all! I had a quiet night at home with my boyfriend planned, but a friend invited us over to her place and we went. She knows about my struggle with alcohol and knows that I quit drinking, so she enticed me to come over by saying that we wouldn't be drinking and that we would just have a chill movie night. When we got there, they were already drinking and offered us wine, beer, champagne...ugh. I declined, but the cravings were definitely there and my AV was desperately trying to make its voice heard! Her boyfriend was also smoking weed, which I would have gladly smoked if it would have been offered to me. Luckily it wasn't. I haven't smoked since New Year's Eve last year. Somehow, I don't think replacing one addiction with another would be such a good idea, but my AV keeps tring to convince me that I can't handle reality on my own and that I need something to help me deal with it. Bottom line, I didn't give in, but I'm a bit angry at my friend for putting me in that position. Had I known there would be alcohol involved, I probably wouldn't have gone. Anyway, I hope that you all had a lovely night and I wish the best for all of you in this coming year!
learntofly is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to learntofly For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (01-01-2016), blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (01-01-2016), Keepnitreal (01-01-2016), KiKi0615 (01-01-2016), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), Olivia2011 (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Member
 
snowvelvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 123
Morning all, how lovely is it to wake without a hangover? :-)

Blackbird - pep talk then. Being an alcoholic and drinking to punish another person is like drinking a poison and expecting the other person to die. It's awesome that a slip was out starlight behind you. I experimented for a long time with that. It shows your commitment that you recommitted straight away instead of thinking, oh well, I pushed the sod it button. I'm proud of you.

Learn to fly - that was so unfair of your friend. I think I'd have walked straight out, if I'm honest. I've heard the weed thing in a few meetings. Cross addiction is so helpful. Not.

Patricia - your Chinese sounds delicious. We had a massive cold cut buffet. I may be eating it for the new two days.

Kiki - *salutes the resident cheerleader. Happy new year, love!

I hope all are well. Thinking of those who are not here, hoping they're OK. Enfin has gone quiet, hope you're doing ok. To anyone else I missed individually, which will be a few, lots of love.
snowvelvet is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to snowvelvet For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (01-01-2016), blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (01-01-2016), Keepnitreal (01-01-2016), KiKi0615 (01-01-2016), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), patricia68 (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Member
 
Keepnitreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 690
Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Pretty sure I was blacked out by this time last year. Possibly vomiting in my own bed. :/ What a way to celebrate a new year... Crazy, who wants to ring in a fresh start with a giant hangover? Not this gal.

If I hadn't drank last week I'd be at 48 days today. Even though it is a big deal, and it was insanely stupid of me to drink, I am trying to move on as though it never happened. It's working so far. I can't wallow in the fact that I'm really only 6 days sober. Breeding ground for AV. "You messed up bbf, might as well mess up some more." Screw that. I'm doing great and I'm still proud of myself and I'm going to win this fight.

Sorry self needed a pep talk. Ha ha.
Happy New Year everybody! Let's make this the best year ever!
BB- I messed up my first attemp after 11 days and then got sober again after a 2 day binge, and now it's been 56 days....don't listen to your AV!

Have a great day free from hangovers everybody and if anybody picked up last night please start fresh today with complete commitment and a good plan in place!

Canguy-so glad to hear you rode it out and are ready to put the past behind you!!!!

Ultra-how about you?

We are here for all of you.
Keepnitreal is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Keepnitreal For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (01-01-2016), blondsober (01-01-2016), canguy (01-01-2016), Dee74 (01-01-2016), KiKi0615 (01-01-2016), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Member
 
Keepnitreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 690
Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
Happy New Year all! I had a quiet night at home with my boyfriend planned, but a friend invited us over to her place and we went. She knows about my struggle with alcohol and knows that I quit drinking, so she enticed me to come over by saying that we wouldn't be drinking and that we would just have a chill movie night. When we got there, they were already drinking and offered us wine, beer, champagne...ugh. I declined, but the cravings were definitely there and my AV was desperately trying to make its voice heard! Her boyfriend was also smoking weed, which I would have gladly smoked if it would have been offered to me. Luckily it wasn't. I haven't smoked since New Year's Eve last year. Somehow, I don't think replacing one addiction with another would be such a good idea, but my AV keeps tring to convince me that I can't handle reality on my own and that I need something to help me deal with it. Bottom line, I didn't give in, but I'm a bit angry at my friend for putting me in that position. Had I known there would be alcohol involved, I probably wouldn't have gone. Anyway, I hope that you all had a lovely night and I wish the best for all of you in this coming year!
Great job Learn!!!!
Keepnitreal is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Keepnitreal For This Useful Post:
bblackbirdflyy (01-01-2016), blondsober (01-01-2016), Dee74 (01-01-2016), KiKi0615 (01-01-2016), Max74 (01-01-2016), Meshelly (01-01-2016), RedAndy (01-01-2016)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:57 AM.