# 462 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Wolf,
RU OK?

GHD,
Wait’ll you’re a Seenager!

LDT,
Good Job! You go girl!
Good for your friend! If he is iffy, Mardi Gras will be tough.

Wehav,
Sorry you felt hurt. Well said.

Mags,
Good job with the Doberman charge. Exactly how to deal with a dog that is likely just testing. I think we’ve all had to experience that with all the furkids today. Good planning on stroking big cats last! Good luck!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:12 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aww that's a lovely video itchy.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes Itchy I'm good 30 months today or 2.5 years RU OK?

Congrats to Toots also x

Hello Overs
Old 01-14-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wolfie, congrats on 30 months!

Sending hugs your way today, weHav

LDT, good job on the accident. I was witness to a drunk driver plowing into an innocent woman's car many years ago. I had to help the cops pull the guy out of his car and he could hardly stand. Thank goodness I never hurt anybody during my drunk driving days.

Well, I'm at work this morning as I didn't win the Power Ball jackpot. I NEVER buy lottery tickets as a rule, but this time I succumbed to the hype and bought $10 worth. I matched one number and the power ball, so I only lost $6. I have a co-worker that always rails against taxes, yet buys lottery tickets every week...go figure

Have a great Thursday, overs!
Old 01-14-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

good news on your friend ldt
Old 01-14-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
LDT

Happy Thursday Folks! Mardi Gras is indeed upon us.

Itchy, I don't know about you guys up in the northern part of our state, but down here where we live the celebrations are in full swing.....it's getting a little crazy! The most we will celebrate is by getting a King Cake for my Bday this weekend. On the actual Fat Tuesday we are escaping to the boat and beach. I'm not even playing my annual Mardi Gras Ball this year..... Feeling the need for some serious serenity lately. Just too much going on.....

SW ...... CONGRATS on 30 months!!

Wehav.... Hope your day is better today.

My dog just let me know it's time for me to motivate and get his breakfast. ( he's so bossy )........Back later friends!
Old 01-14-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Wolfie, congrats!

Itchy, love the video - brightened my morning :-)

FBL, the last time I bought a lottery ticket was about 50 years ago. I never win so why waste the money.

LDT, you sound like you are on your way to seenager-hood since you want to get away from the craziness

We, you feel better today!

Hi to all!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on 30 months Wolfie.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Wehav thanks for that post, glad you shared.
Wolf congrats on 30 months!!!
LDT should we get you an evil kneivil outfit.

I'm meeting the new editor today, well he has flown out from Ontario to check out the town and us, I guess, to see if he wants the job. Our town is really, really bad looking right now, haha, basically a sea of mud.
I have given up on being upset about this stuff. I worked my butt off this week.
I think I'm going to stay here for three months then move back to the city. If this new editor is fabulous and I want to stay and work with him, great. If not I've done my time here and I'm moving on. But I love where I live right now and I'm going to stay and enjoy it a little while longer.
I was waiting till Feb. 15 cause it's a year, I was going to be out of here. But I'm not ready to move yet. I don't want to start all over again.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs. Just as I thought the long in progress pool room project is about finished, there emerges a problem with the paint adhering to the new wall material. So I will soon have all the contractors in probably blaming each other.

The joy of it all.

Congrats on 30 months Wolf!

Went to a reception for my friend Kevin that I think I have spoken about before. He has 6 months and is happier than he ever has been. He acknowledged his other friends in recovery and my 1,000+ days. So good to see someone thrive in recovery!
Old 01-14-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Ah, sad news received at a meeting last night - a long term (18 years plus) sober lady died very suddenly due to a brain aneurism (presumably bursting). Most people at the meeting were in tears at some point as she was a lady that we all knew; she spent ages just talking to me in my very early days (prior to when I finally got sober). Generally been a week of sad news with David Bowie and Alan Rickman....

.... however, I am sober and will be 3 years sober in a few days, so that's good!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sorry to hear your sad news feeling-good.

That's wonderful Drake, your friend Kevin is doing well, congratulations on his 6 months!

Inpar, the year has flown by, it doesn't seem it since you moved out there. Hope you find your place to settle X

Yes, sad news about Alan Rickman, he was a great baddie, seen him in some nice films too, 'truly, madly,deeply' was one of them. ' the sun ain't gonna shine anymore' good bit in the film.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Itchy ~

Re: your recent question... I'm not a Full Time RVer. A P/T'er in Early Retirement, and currently Lovin' Life here in the Desert in nice temps w/Sun. And, Wind. I'm currently amused by watching the crystal-clear River Water level go up/down as the Grid requires more Electricity from the Dam upstream. Once a Geek...

I do things like hike around and pick up Rocks [which I dampened for the Pic below] while MesaDog safely runs around nearby in the Desert. Or, at a neato, River-side Dog Park. There's a buncha old Mines around here.

MesaMate flies into Vegas tomorrow after her Chick Snowshoeing Soiree. Then, back to this River-side RV Site. No one else here, actually. Pretty sa_wheet! I got a line on a great Sushi Joint up in Lost Wages, so perhaps that'll be our Dinner spot tomorrow. Mebbe another ~2 Weeks down here thereafter as a Nuclear Family. The drive back schedule to W. Colorado is Weather-dependent. It's not as if I have to rush back to do nothing, while Sober.

Fab News on Wolf_Meister's Achievement!

- Northwood Nash 23d Travel Trailer -

Old 01-14-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congrats Wolfie, that means it's an anniversary for me too!
Old 01-14-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Congrats, dear Toots :-)
Old 01-14-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Toots x
Old 01-14-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 01-14-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by feeling-good View Post
Ah, sad news received at a meeting last night - a long term (18 years plus) sober lady died very suddenly due to a brain aneurism (presumably bursting). Most people at the meeting were in tears at some point as she was a lady that we all knew; she spent ages just talking to me in my very early days (prior to when I finally got sober). Generally been a week of sad news with David Bowie and Alan Rickman....

.... however, I am sober and will be 3 years sober in a few days, so that's good!
So sorry to hear this love.
Sending love and prayers to this lady's family, and to you and all of her friends.

And I just heard about Alan Rickman a few hours ago.
It is indeed a sad week.
And then of course there's Jakarta....

But all of the soberversaries are wonderful!!
We didn't forget you in the 24-hour thread darling toots!

Congratulations to all of you once again! ♥
Old 01-14-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again SW and Toots
sorry for your loss f-g

D