Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 21

Old 02-28-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday. Battling with Sunday cravings but won't give in. Grrrrrr
Old 02-28-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Do you guys still suffer from cravings???
Old 02-28-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Knb, absolutely do get cravings! Just had bad one yesterday!! But.... I play the tape and get on here. You will never regret staying sober! Read some old posts, let it pass...
Old 02-28-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Hey guys

I am back in the UK - travelled most of the weekend on long flights but home and relaxed now and on my way to work. Flying is much easier for me now. When I got home I thought "I didn't think about the alcohol cart once" wow

Scooter I am sorry to hear about your family loss. Hoping you are OK. You are certainly right that life is too damn short - seize every opportunity you can is my motto.

Hey KNB - you are doing great! So are you starting some AA. It has been good for me. You don't need to push it - my priority for the first few weeks was to get my head on that pillow sober each night. What did help was having some AA numbers of people to call and coming on here. On those steps and sponsors I advise take your time and chat to some people about how they do things. Some people like AA and some people use other things - it works for me as well as doing other things too. Take your time to build your own recovery - hope that helps xx

So good to see everyone! Determined I will check out that band. I have used most of my annual leave now - not complaining it was fab! - so some new experiences right here in the UK needed now :-)

Shout of to Ultra, Choobie, Pink, Dry :-)

Dee I had a wonderful time in Australia and the South Pacific and thanks for the shout outs
Old 02-28-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad it was great sth

D
Old 02-29-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Happy freakin Monday people! Let go get this.

Welcome home London!! Man, that sounds like a trip of a lifetime my friend. Are you able to post a pic or two?

Gonna take this Friday off and do a short weekend get away up north a bit and do some more boarding. Then, will switch back to surfing in a month or so. Two seasons for me!

Check in gang, give a big howdy and tip your hat today guys!

"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." Aristotle

Onward.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Checking in!

Knb, I occasionally get a craving, but I have finally realized it comes when I am hungry and/or thirsty. I have mentioned that some television ads can bring on a craving more for the comraderie shown than for the drink.

Thanks again for the condolences. This man put a lot in and got a lot out of his 65 years. My cousin will be closing her Florida home and coming to the Cape in a few weeks. She is thinking of selling the one in Florida, but everyone has told her not to make any hasty decisions.

I am off to the Y, then to volunteer at the library. Later today I am going to give Scooter a bath in the utility sink - always a big mess. The cat, Mr. Boomerang, loves to watch from a distance. When poor Scooter is out of the tub, I always call "Booooooo" and he takes off as fast as a cat can run. Just a fun thing I never would have enjoyed while hung over.

Greetings to everyone. Have a fun day.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post
Knb, absolutely do get cravings! Just had bad one yesterday!! But.... I play the tape and get on here. You will never regret staying sober! Read some old posts, let it pass...
Interesting...
Someone told me today that she still gets cravings after 35 years
Old 02-29-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post
Hey guys

I am back in the UK - travelled most of the weekend on long flights but home and relaxed now and on my way to work. Flying is much easier for me now. When I got home I thought "I didn't think about the alcohol cart once" wow

Scooter I am sorry to hear about your family loss. Hoping you are OK. You are certainly right that life is too damn short - seize every opportunity you can is my motto.

Hey KNB - you are doing great! So are you starting some AA. It has been good for me. You don't need to push it - my priority for the first few weeks was to get my head on that pillow sober each night. What did help was having some AA numbers of people to call and coming on here. On those steps and sponsors I advise take your time and chat to some people about how they do things. Some people like AA and some people use other things - it works for me as well as doing other things too. Take your time to build your own recovery - hope that helps xx

So good to see everyone! Determined I will check out that band. I have used most of my annual leave now - not complaining it was fab! - so some new experiences right here in the UK needed now :-)

Shout of to Ultra, Choobie, Pink, Dry :-)

Dee I had a wonderful time in Australia and the South Pacific and thanks for the shout outs
Hi sth. Welcome back. Yes I am keeping very close to AA. I go to at least three meetings a week. I actually found a sponsor today and hoping to get started on some step work. She told me that step work worksheets can be found on the AA website but I can't see it? I really crave these meetings now.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Checking in!

Knb, I occasionally get a craving, but I have finally realized it comes when I am hungry and/or thirsty. I have mentioned that some television ads can bring on a craving more for the comraderie shown than for the drink.

Thanks again for the condolences. This man put a lot in and got a lot out of his 65 years. My cousin will be closing her Florida home and coming to the Cape in a few weeks. She is thinking of selling the one in Florida, but everyone has told her not to make any hasty decisions.

I am off to the Y, then to volunteer at the library. Later today I am going to give Scooter a bath in the utility sink - always a big mess. The cat, Mr. Boomerang, loves to watch from a distance. When poor Scooter is out of the tub, I always call "Booooooo" and he takes off as fast as a cat can run. Just a fun thing I never would have enjoyed while hung over.

Greetings to everyone. Have a fun day.
Ah. So that's how you came up with your username :-)
Old 02-29-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hi guys I'm about but struggling with some stuff. Will post more at the end of the week.
Scooter so sorry my love x
London welcome home!
Knb keep going!
Choobie glad all is well!
Determined enjoy the long weekend!
Ultra, keep up with the running, it's good for rhe soul x

Works hard. I'm tired. Hit 18 months on Sunday. That's good. More later, back to work zx
Old 02-29-2016, 11:55 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((pink)))

D
Old 03-01-2016, 02:51 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Good morning guys!

Pink, sorry you are going through some rough spots. Please know they will pass. Head up girl, reach out if we can help ok?

How is everyone's week going so far? Mine is ok, struggling a bit around some toxic people at work that are a bit of a drag. Trying to avoid them and close my office door and rock out to some cool tunes while they enjoy their dramas!

"Enjoy the journey, enjoy every moment, and quit worrying about winning and losing." Matt Brandi

Want a laugh guys? I found something to do when my son is acting up and we are in public. I tell him to stop or I am gonna do my dance. He stops immediately! My dance is what I call the "dad twerk" lol!! You can imagine how ridiculous it is in public! He freaks out and knows I don't care where we are or how many people are around! My god, what parenting skills huh!! Topic for future therapy sessions for the young lad.

Wiggle it.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy Tuesday

Lol Determined! That's funny - the dad twerk! I hear you on the work stuff. I have a little mantra that what negative people think or say about me is not my business....keeps me sane. One of my triggers for the drinking was people pleasing and fear of being disliked. Took a while to work that one out and now I just try to be content and keep my side of the street clean

Scooter I love the cat bath story. That would make me giggle

Hoping you are good Pink. Sometimes those first few weeks in a new job are so tiring. You feel you have to give 110% at all times and can't let your guard drop for even one second hey? It will get easier, keep going

Knb you are doing great. I am sure you can work with your sponsor. I didn't look up the sheets on the web but had my sponsor help me draw them up. I am sure she can help you find them.

Home from work and ready to relax! I have been following the US primaries with interest this year and so I want to catch up on Super Tuesday. Such an interesting system you guys have stateside :-)
Old 03-01-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Pink, a new job is very exciting, but tiring. You are busy learning the job, trying to be at your best, trying to learn everyone's name and position, trying to be polite while staying out of the way of busybodies and drama queens. trying to be friendly, but not too friendly, to one and all. As London said, it will get easier.

Pink, when you said you were snowed under, I figured there had been a bad snowstorm! My PTSD from last winter coming through!! LOL

Determined, I love the Dad twerk! Think back how our parents embarrassed us half to death by doing things like insisting we hold their hand crossing the street, kissing us good-bye in front of others - - or, the worst for me - my mother could spot a smudge of dirt ten feet away - she would wet her fingertips with saliva and clean our faces! Regardless of who was around.

Knb, you will be surprised at how quickly the days add up.

London, I voted this morning on my way home from the Y - I actually had to wait in line to get a ballot, and again to pass my completed one in - - and, I went mid-morning figuring I would be avoiding the first in the morning senior citizens and the before and after work crowd.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you are doing well. I am putting up my Easter and Spring decorations today !
Old 03-01-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post
Good morning guys!

Pink, sorry you are going through some rough spots. Please know they will pass. Head up girl, reach out if we can help ok?

How is everyone's week going so far? Mine is ok, struggling a bit around some toxic people at work that are a bit of a drag. Trying to avoid them and close my office door and rock out to some cool tunes while they enjoy their dramas!

"Enjoy the journey, enjoy every moment, and quit worrying about winning and losing." Matt Brandi

Want a laugh guys? I found something to do when my son is acting up and we are in public. I tell him to stop or I am gonna do my dance. He stops immediately! My dance is what I call the "dad twerk" lol!! You can imagine how ridiculous it is in public! He freaks out and knows I don't care where we are or how many people are around! My god, what parenting skills huh!! Topic for future therapy sessions for the young lad.

Wiggle it.
Ha ha that made me laugh. A dad tweaking. Perfect
Old 03-01-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Well the things you learn when you are sober. I am super clumsy. I have spilt so much water, juice and coke all over my furniture. Dropped jars and broken crockery. I thought it was because I was too drunk. I also realise that I do love to sing..badly..but still love it.

On a more serious note I ended up at the supermarket and bought two bottles of wine. I didn't drink them. I stared at them for about an hour and then poured them down the sink.

I think it's because I have been feeling lonely recently. I think that's the trigger but I am not sure. Being an addict will make me find any excuse eh.
But I have been wondering why I am not married and have been upset by it subconsciously

It's all a learning curve. At the end of the day I didn't drink on it. Just to say that I did 43 sober days in this class last year. It will be 37 days tomorrow so I am getting there
Old 03-01-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Goddamn I am going to reach 60 days at least . Sick of my merry go round life
Old 03-01-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Knb - HALT - Hunger, Anger, Loneliness and Thirst are the main triggers.

Since being sober I have realized I sometimes brush my tongue too far back and gag - always thought it was because I was hungover.

I sometimes cannot remember where I put something that I just had in my hands a few minutes earlier - always blamed the drinking....

It is hard to explain, but it is like I now realize I blamed things on drinking that really were just me!
Old 03-02-2016, 11:41 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Hey all

I sailed through yesterday without any internet checking as work is full on now I have returned but all is good

Hoping you guys are all good

Keep going KNB - that is excellent advice from Scooter on the HALT letters too. I always watch those - sometimes you can't avoid them but you can learn to spot them and take action. You can do this!

Must dash guys, been signed up for a big presentation to clients tomorrow - all good but plenty of prep needed

Big shout out to all !