Old 02-16-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 18 months ScooterBoo

D
Old 02-17-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Well happy hump day peeps!

Great to see everyone is doing fantastic! Have a wonderful day filled with love, abundance and peace.

Attitude of gratitude.

"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." James Barrie.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:08 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Congratulations Scooter! Huge achievement- well done!!!

Welcome back Knb, Im back to early days sobriety after drinking again for 10 days after 7months of sobriety, Im back on track now and Im on day13 today, got back to AA and trying not to beat myself up too much about things I cannot change. Think I'll join the Feb '16 class too as well as keeping in touch here.

Hoping to get back to gym next week and sort a few things out that Ive neglected due to the relapse- the main thing is though is that Im sober and able to function again. Nothing is worth taking a drink and I need never take one again I just need to keep my mind and spiritual health as paramount importance. Recovery needs to come first in my life- I realise that now....
Old 02-17-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Holy cow! It's hump day already!
I'm now the proud owner of two homes, and the movers come tomorrow to move the big stuff tomorrow. We've spent a lot of time going through everything that we own as well as planning to remodel our old home that we will sell or rent later this spring. Because of the proximity to the sports arena, there is high interest in the property. An example of good things springing from a bad situation.

In the midst of that, I've had three job interviews, all on divergent ends of my skill set. I've turned down one offer, and we'll see about the others. I hadn't considered cashing in my current skill set while I'm working on another!

We are having a gorgeous week during a really nice winter! There are even puddles on the road-unheard of in February! That's it for my news.

KNB! Great to hear from you! 3 weeks is great, keep going! It's very worthwhile. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Pink, I hope your first days at your new job went well!

London-Fiji? Wow! I hope you are having a wonderful time!

Determined-you are rocking the hills! Did your little guy take to it?

Scooter-555 is a wonderful number! Congrats!

Ultra, the VT 50 looks exciting-and beautiful!

1step, great thoughts, and true! I often think of what my sobriety brings me- it's the key to what is good in my life. It has to come first, because the other stuff can't happen without it. I think creating a life where sobriety fits and drinking doesn't feels more natural and fun after the effort of creating it is done!

Gotta run-I'll be thinking of my grateful list today!

Love to you all!!
Old 02-17-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Congratulations Scooter! Huge achievement- well done!!!

Welcome back Knb, Im back to early days sobriety after drinking again for 10 days after 7months of sobriety, Im back on track now and Im on day13 today, got back to AA and trying not to beat myself up too much about things I cannot change. Think I'll join the Feb '16 class too as well as keeping in touch here.

Hoping to get back to gym next week and sort a few things out that Ive neglected due to the relapse- the main thing is though is that Im sober and able to function again. Nothing is worth taking a drink and I need never take one again I just need to keep my mind and spiritual health as paramount importance. Recovery needs to come first in my life- I realise that now....
Het 1ststep. Well done for getting back on track after 10 days. It could have been a lot longer. How did you stop yourself?? Would be great if you joined the February class.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hey Choobie. Nice to. Hear from you :-)
Old 02-17-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Just Snatched a few minutes of free wifi to say hello

Hope you are all good!

Congrats on 18 scooter :-)

Check in again soon and will catch up on the posts
Old 02-17-2016, 11:14 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Choobie what a wonderful post! So much exciting positive stuff going your way and yiu created this my friend! Well done my lovely xxx
London bet you've a fabulous tan! Look forward 5 hearing all about it!
Knb you will be hitting the one month mark soon! Yeehaw! One day at a time,, keep, posting x
1Step how you doing? You have the right perspective, your sobriety has to come first x take it day by day, we are here x

No news here, just feel like I'm drowning in my new job....The first week is always the worst! This is the first new job I've started sober and I wonder if that's why I've been so much more nervous! Good things is that these people know me as the me i am today. Fresh start. Lovely.

Right, gotta go, my commute is a pretty drive but takes a long time so better head off xx

Have a great day all xx
Old 02-18-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thursday kids!

Great post choobie! Love seeing that everything is going well, awesome on the new place and the jobs! Yes, my little man like snowboarding, going again this Saturday!

Sounds like you are back in the saddle 1step, awesome.

Pink, glad things are going well, busy is good. A new image comes with you, that is super cool, fresh start man.

Knb, you got this my friend. Keep on truckin baby! Glad you are back with us.

London, live it man!!

Ultra, scooter, max, grateful and everyone, have a kick ass day!

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going." Jim Ryan
Old 02-18-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Morning all
Pink I cant believe I am nearly reaching the one month mark. Time has gone so fast. ..Its been the best month I have had in a long time that's for sure.
Good luck with your first weekat work. I reckon it would have taken you longer to settle in if you had been drinking. I can certainly tell that my drinking made my anziety much much worse

Determined..where are you skateboarding. I am learning to ski with my son this sunday and I plan to go on a skiing holiday in Poland after christmas
Old 02-18-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Choobie, congratulations and best of luck at your new home. When we started this journey, you were worried that the new complex would sabotage your sobriety - 18 months later it has turned into a windfall! How wonderful!

1Step, keep posting to let us know how you are. Your seven months will help you.

Knb, keep up the good work. You can do this.

Pink, how far is your new commute? It seems like a number of our team members are getting a fresh start.

London, it sounds like you are enjoying your trip.

Hello to everyone else - Determined, London, Ultra - let's keep on keeping on.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Have a great dat Team! Pink- great way to frame the situation. Fresh start!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi all, Im doing ok thanks, back on the AA programme now and meeting my sponsor later before going to meeting with him. Im still trying to keep myself upbeat but I do at times think Id be 8months sober Monday IF I hadn't picked up. Can't change it now just have to keep moving forward. Thanks Knb think I realised it wasn't fun from the moment I picked up again, I had a 7 day all out binge then 3 days of tapering- not fun at all! The amount I drink it is dangerous to just stop so I knew I had to taper. Don't ever want to go through it again.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on 18 months ScooterBoo

D
congrats scooter!
Old 02-18-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
Choobie what a wonderful post! So much exciting positive stuff going your way and yiu created this my friend! Well done my lovely xxx
London bet you've a fabulous tan! Look forward 5 hearing all about it!
Knb you will be hitting the one month mark soon! Yeehaw! One day at a time,, keep, posting x
1Step how you doing? You have the right perspective, your sobriety has to come first x take it day by day, we are here x

No news here, just feel like I'm drowning in my new job....The first week is always the worst! This is the first new job I've started sober and I wonder if that's why I've been so much more nervous! Good things is that these people know me as the me i am today. Fresh start. Lovely.

Right, gotta go, my commute is a pretty drive but takes a long time so better head off xx

Have a great day all xx
good to see you are handling the new job with a great outlook! keep it up Pink! It'll seem like old hat soon I'm sure.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I've been doing well, seems like I've been out and around people who have had some drinks (superbowl, dinner parties) and I am just comfortable with knowing that drinking isn't for me, and I'm like all of us, drank enough in 38 yrs than most folks do in a lifetime, so I don't feel cheated hahahha
all the best guys!
Old 02-19-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!! Great to see everyone!

Knb, I snowboard here in the us. Not sure about Poland, but looked it up and looks fantastic. I still have not tried Colorado, but plan too soon. That is awesome you are going skiing! Be patient, enjoy the scenery and go for it!

What is everyone up to this weekend?

"Normal is not something to aspire to, it is something to run away from." Jodi foster

Giddy up!
Old 02-19-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

determined..My son and I are skiing on Sunday on artificial snow. We are both so excited. Poland certainly looks great...and its so cheap!I will be booking it next week.

Choobie and Scooter..Do you both miss drinking? I know there are others who have had a long length of sobriety too so I would love to hear from you too

Ist step. Alcohol is so cunning. I am planning a skiing holiday for December and I am already saying to myself that I am gonna drink cause I "deserve" it. I don't want to and I hope that I will be a lot stronger by the time I go

Hello to thedryoutdrsmn. Cant remember you in this class but nice to hear off you again :-)

No drinking for this girl tonight
Old 02-19-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the congrats on 18 months.

Dry, great to hear from you!

Knb, I sometimes miss the (perhaps phony?) comraderie I felt when I drank. It seems like wine-tastings are the Thursday night thing to do here since I quit, so I now do a yoga class on Thursday nights so I have an excuse to say no, and I have something to do that is not a pity-party for myself. I am fine at parties, it is amazing when you look around and notice how little most people drink, and how obnoxious some that do drink become.

The benefits of sobriety totally, completely, absolutely, positively stop me whenever my av puts a thought in my head. AND, I have come to realize that only comes if I am hungry, or thirsty, or is brought on by a tv commercial for alcohol where everyone looks so happy.

To wake every morning clear-headed and ready to start the day is beyond words. To have a neat, well-organized, decorated (for every season) home is comforting. To have extra money to spend is fun. (I cannot imagine how much $$$ I wasted on alcohol and late night food deliveries. )To have great health, with perfect blood test scores and be on no medication at my age is great. To not worry about who I texted, emailed, phoned during a binge is calming. To be almost 30 pounds lighter with no red, bloated face and with great skin and hair is uplifting. To take pride in my appearance and never leave the house without a nice outfit and makeup makes me feel proud of myself. To be able to go out at any time day or night and not worry about being pulled over, not worry if anyone can tell I have been drinking, to not worry if I am slurring my words, not worry about running into certain people.....well, you get the idea.

Let's keep on keeping on.