Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 24

Old 12-21-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Old 12-21-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yes, BD. I'm saying goodbye to my little apartment. It's bittersweet.

Goodnight all!
Old 12-21-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

That is a good book, it's in the bedtime rotation in our house. At one time it was the official favorite. We have my copy from when I was little. My mom keeps everything.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning sweet friends! Up and at em bright and early over here, ready to get this show on the road. My brother is coming over to help and keep me company with the movers. He's always good for some laughs. If I'm not too wiped out this evening, I'll be making some chocolate crinkle dough and Meyer lemon cookie dough to bake off tomorrow. This year, my little tree only yielded about ten lemons. Once it's in Its new home ground, it should take off.
Make it a great Tuesday!
Old 12-22-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Tuesday.....the hump day of this week.

I keep watching the stores for a Meyer lemon tree. I'd love to have one for the patio.

An avalanche of work awaits today, so yesterday's timely reminder will stay at the forefront of my mind. A productive work life is something to be thankful for anyway.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

AYMM was always one of our family favorites, and I also recall reading it regularly as a babysitter many years ago!

So, a bit of relief. My brother and his family are not coming Christmas Eve. Their choice, not sure why, just that the 2nd of Jan. works better and just the youngest daughter will come with them. I bet the older, college aged, girls did not want to waste their time coming here. They are not very engaging or kind to our children, who are younger. I will have some time to get ready for that, after having the Christmas mess all over the house!

So, we are back to our little family unit and our traditional trip tp church, and home for "appetizer dinner." It will be warm out, so we can walk the puppy, etc... It might have been okay to have my brother if we did it earlier, but they are very inflexible and I was not going to alter our church plans, which would make it a late evening for them. They don't go to church, so would not want to join us for that. I very much enjoy that peaceful evening and reflection before ripping into gifts on Christmas Day. Adds some balance to the holiday, and reminds the kids of what we should be celebrating.

Off to bake cookies. Mixer up and running. Doing the cut-outs. Not sure I can compete with Arbor's wife, but I let the kids decorate many of them. They love it. They want me to make so many cookies, and each has favorites. I will try to get gingerbread people done. Son likes to make them into super heroes, lol. And he likes thumbprint. And I am famous among friends for cranberry white chip oatmeal cookies. We shall see what gets done. I still have wrapping to do, and cleaning. Hoping for help with both of those things.

Husband has been out of town for a couple of days to see his mother for her bday celebration. He'll be back today. He does not put pressure on me for much of anything, but I feel more peaceful when he goes away for a few days. I do sleep better not sharing a bed. Maybe that is it. I feel badly feeling that way, but it is what it is. Still, he helps around the house and with the kids and dog, so, I will be glad to have him back.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Glad that your Christmas Eve plans will be so peaceful, phoebe.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning, afternoon, night, dear Octsobers.

Have a great day.

It's a cleaning day for me - fun, fun, fun.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I dreamt of time zones. My head is spinning.

Good morning all.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I have a hard time keeping track of time zones while awake; I can't imagine trying to figure them out in my sleep.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I just saw where it is going to be in the low to mid 70s on Christmas Eve here.

Crazy.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Would you believe that we'll hit the 80s here? I'm not complaining though. Last year, it rained and stayed cold for weeks. Nasty stuff.

The move is done. Phew! And the crew couldn't have been better. They got it all done in less than three hours, worth every penny. Now I've got to get sorting through boxes. But first, a little couch time is in order.

Phoebe, I love an appetizer dinner. Growing up, we would always make pigs in a blanket. We may need to do that here this year. And I totally get the whole sleep thing. It's so important.

ok...where's the remote for the TV?
Old 12-22-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Wow Conquest, you are a force of nature.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Congratulations on completion of your move, conquest!!!!!!

Much happiness and love in your new home.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Woot woot ......work day done!

Dreaming of time zones V?! That's a good one....maybe travels are in your future.

Next on the agenda is finding something for dinner.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers; see you tomorrow.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Gnight Leigh!
I'm up late, waiting for my guy to come home with company from the airport. It's surprise company soooo... ya. Lol.

Tomorrow, I've got to shop til I drop! Wish me luck that I can get it all done early.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good luck, Conquest!!!!

Surprise company - egads.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:11 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

You guys sure have a lot going on. The holidays are always crazy but so wonderful. I have one more day of work tomorrow, then I get to focus on Christmas.

I wish my mind weren't so polluted with negative thoughts right now. It definitely takes some of the joy out of the holiday. It's like looking at a beautiful scene through dirty glasses. And I hate that this problem I'm having right now casts a shadow over the holiday, I'm afraid I will look back on it and find the memory tainted by my struggle and everyone's concern over my weight. My husband had some brief but serious words with me tonight about his fear for my health, and I had nothing to say except I know. Now I feel uncomfortable around him at a time when I want to feel close, and maybe even a little romantic. I'm really kicking myself for causing this problem, especially during the holidays. I'm afraid I'm going to have that guilt like Mark describes after you drink too much and it taints your memory of a nice event.

I had cancelled an appointment with a dietician a while back because I thought it was pointless as I could eat normally if I chose to, but now I'm considering making another appointment because I'm finding that I actually can't seem to eat normally anymore even when I try. I've really screwed my body up. Figures. Addiction...same old story.

Anyway, just dropped in to be a great big downer. You're welcome!

Best to you guys, and let's all enjoy these next few days, they are precious.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Briar ~ you said you're kicking yourself for causing this problem.
You didn't choose this love, and you ARE choosing to get help.
I'm glad your husband talked to you...he loves you.

We all love you. And you really can beat this. You are strong, smart and beautiful. And you have weathered a lot of storms.
This one is not going to get you.