SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November 2015 Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/381210-class-november-2015-part-7-a.html)

canguy 12-19-2015 09:56 PM

End of long hot day, rain starting......everything done, relax, tired.....just all the triggers at once....

I'll be okay Kiki......

Dee74 12-19-2015 10:34 PM

What tools do you have against craving canguy? have you used any of these?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

D

canguy 12-19-2015 11:37 PM

Thanks Dee

Against cravings?

- just accept it as discomfort in the moment and know it will pass. Sit it out.
- know that its only the first couple drinks that will be good.......then its downhill all the way after that.
- play the tape. Few drinks now leads straight back to where you came from.
- get on here. Alcohol isolates......
- postpone.....just finish this first then see how you feel.
- being sober right now might not be so great, but just don't let go of how much better things have been lately.

Soonerman 12-20-2015 12:43 AM

wow, thanks for the welcomes...I really like this group. just what I needed.

21 days today ...i like this no hangovers the most.

enfinthechange 12-20-2015 01:37 AM

Full English breakfast with no hangover??? Don't mind if I do...

8 hours sleep with NO waking up for the first time in years... oh allrighty then!!!

Bounce bounce!!!! Heheheheh

Supertired 12-20-2015 04:03 AM

Mornin all. Up before 8 am again to face the day. This has got to stop ; )

Good stuff canguy. The only way I've found the resolve , like you, is to lean on a plan. Last night my plan was to gorge on burritos. Effective. I suggest you all incorporate burritos into your plans.

-10 C here this morning with the windchill.. And so much to do today.
Operation Christmas shopping in T minus 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ...

enfinthechange 12-20-2015 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Supertired (Post 5698566)
Mornin all. Up before 8 am again to face the day. This has got to stop ; )

Good stuff canguy. The only way I've found the resolve , like you, is to lean on a plan. Last night my plan was to gorge on burritos. Effective. I suggest you all incorporate burritos into your plans.

-10 C here this morning with the windchill.. And so much to do today.
Operation Christmas shopping in T minus 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ...

Burritos..... sounds like a good idea.... I got for fruit and nut!!! Hope u survive the shopping !!!!

Supertired 12-20-2015 04:05 AM

Great to see the positivity enfinthechange!
Have an awesome day

enfinthechange 12-20-2015 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Supertired (Post 5698568)
Great to see the positivity enfinthechange!
Have an awesome day

Fry up eaten, salt dough decorations made. .. now on cupcakes.... wow.... no hangover is making me rather productive and happy!!!

CristinaN 12-20-2015 05:09 AM

Morning all

Enfin you sound great this morning!!

I almost caved last night but I just thought the drink through and ate some dinner. So glad I made it because I'm at 30 days today!!!

Have an awesome days everyone!!! :)

ultradad 12-20-2015 05:34 AM

Morning all : ) Longest sleep I've had in a long time! Feels so wonderful to wake up and not be hungover!!! I'm a bit sore from yesterdays workout and blessed because I didn't drink, but actually worked out!

I tell you what, my biggest motivator this weekend has been that quote from Sobermarathon, it keeps playing over in my head and it has really changed my perspective about this whole process of sobriety. I'll leave it here again for others who may have missed it: " My therapist told me that the first year of sobriety is a bit like the first year after someone close to you dies. There's a year of birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, summer holidays - all of which you need to get used to being without that person or in our case, alcohol."

The problem is I always want to bring this person/alcohol back into my life, but I can't. The worst friend I ever had, alcohol, has died and it can never be part of my life again...it's almost like a sense of relief I've been feeling the last couple of days. It's like the cancer is gone, the very thing that I thought I loved was killing me and somehow it died and I survived. It's like a battered spouse who finally has the courage to walk away and never look back! Freedom!

Anyways, Canguy...I'm glad you made it through and so glad you have a plan in place for times like that!

Great to see you rocking it Enfin!!!

Thanks Supertired, now I want burritos for breakfast : /

This coffee is especially tasty this morning, enjoy ya'll!

ultradad 12-20-2015 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by CristinaN (Post 5698630)
Morning all

Enfin you sound great this morning!!

I almost caved last night but I just thought the drink through and ate some dinner. So glad I made it because I'm at 30 days today!!!

Have an awesome days everyone!!! :)

Congrats Cristina...30 days!!!

:You_Rock_

Soonerman 12-20-2015 05:37 AM

I always liked to drink on a empty stomach so like you ChistinaN a good meal helps a lot. Never liked to drink when full....good idea thanks if a "caving" time comes up EAT!:)

enfinthechange 12-20-2015 05:47 AM

Ultra dad...that helps me too... when I crave I just think of it as dead.. so I can be sad, but it ain't coming back ...

Now coffee... that's a good idea!!!

Max74 12-20-2015 06:06 AM

Day 50

Happy holidays class!!!

You CAN have alcohol or you can have everything else!!!Thanks...I will always keep that in my head.

What do I get from this class?

I feel like im not the only one living this roller coaster of a life of sobriety.It takes alot of courage to get back up after falling.My feelings are shared by many here.

Everyone have a great day!!!Cheers:thanks

CristinaN 12-20-2015 06:47 AM

Congrats Max!!

enfinthechange 12-20-2015 07:30 AM

Afternoon.... have been feeling hyper all day and done loads of stuff. .. but now reaching overload and am crashing into flatness.... it all seems so pointless again. And the AV has popped back to remind me of the 'joys' of beer.... loads of people are off to the Carol service and then the pub... usually a decent excuse to drink loads ... I am full of tea and can't face anymore! !!

Play the tape through. ... what else can have to drink.... fizzy water I think.... come on enfin... PYSTG!!!!

ultradad 12-20-2015 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by enfinthechange (Post 5698842)
Afternoon.... have been feeling hyper all day and done loads of stuff. .. but now reaching overload and am crashing into flatness.... it all seems so pointless again. And the AV has popped back to remind me of the 'joys' of beer.... loads of people are off to the Carol service and then the pub... usually a decent excuse to drink loads ... I am full of tea and can't face anymore! !!

Play the tape through. ... what else can have to drink.... fizzy water I think.... come on enfin... PYSTG!!!!

Remember how wonderful you felt this morning, just know that when everyone else leaves the pub and goes home to sleep they'll wake up and feel fine, if you go...you will not! YOU are the stronger person and YOU are worth loving yourself and being true to those self promises.

This feeling will pass...feel it, play it through and make the wise choice!

enfinthechange 12-20-2015 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by ultradad (Post 5698857)

Remember how wonderful you felt this morning, just know that when everyone else leaves the pub and goes home to sleep they'll wake up and feel fine, if you go...you will not! YOU are the stronger person and YOU are worth loving yourself and being true to those self promises.

This feeling will pass...feel it, play it through and make the wise choice!

Yes yes yes... it is true! They will probably feel like crap too though... everyone round here drinks so much!!! I will not drink....

SoberMarathon 12-20-2015 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by CristinaN (Post 5698630)
Morning all Enfin you sound great this morning!! I almost caved last night but I just thought the drink through and ate some dinner. So glad I made it because I'm at 30 days today!!! Have an awesome days everyone!!! :)

Way to go Cristina!!! What made you come close to caving, just out of curiosity?

Congratulations on 30 days...great milestone!!