SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November 2015 Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/381210-class-november-2015-part-7-a.html)

CristinaN 12-19-2015 10:36 AM

Enfin you're doing so great!!! Congrats!!!

rah555 12-19-2015 10:41 AM

To be successful I am going to need to be diligent and focused. I start out strong then peeter out. Small goals...no drinking of course, but need to post/read comments daily., need to actively figure out how to live/interact/participate in things without drinking. It seems like it should be easy but breaking habits is challenging. It's almost the end of 2015. In 2015 I had 13 blackout episodes. Not great. I want to end 2015 strong and go into 2016 strong. Feeling a little down right now.

SoberMarathon 12-19-2015 10:43 AM

Had some clarity during my Saturday morning run today:

I can have alcohol OR I can have EVERYTHING else!! But I can't have both. When put into those terms, it's really not a difficult decision.

Love having the clarity from sobriety to have these small epiphanies...

ultradad 12-19-2015 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon (Post 5697510)
Had some clarity during my Saturday morning run today:

I can have alcohol OR I can have EVERYTHING else!! But I can't have both. When put into those terms, it's really not a difficult decision.

Love having the clarity from sobriety to have these small epiphanies...

Very wise epiphany! I do some of my best thinking while running too : )

CristinaN 12-19-2015 11:01 AM

Had some clarity during my Saturday morning run today: I can have alcohol OR I can have EVERYTHING else!! But I can't have both. When put into those terms, it's really not a difficult decision. Love having the clarity from sobriety to have these small epiphanies...

Truth!!

Dallow 12-19-2015 11:32 AM

Hey guys! Just to say merry christmas and please stay strong everyone! We've got your back :)

I will go away to a country cottage and I hope to find the serenity and calm that I long for. So I will not check in - I will stay away from internet, from almost everything. And I think it will do me good. I will appriciate the moments with my relatives. But I didn't give up - not on me and not on you! See you soon and big hugs to all of you!

canguy 12-19-2015 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 (Post 5697311)
Canguy, last night after I posted I realized I wished everyone a happy Saturday morning but you were close to Sunday morning - sorry! So I hope you are enjoying a hangover-free Sunday morning (I hope my timezone estimates aren't too far off!)

....that's fine SwimKim, appreciate the thought. I'm about 18-20 hours ahead of US I think.......so always out of synch with the days on here. (Dee must be a night owl.....)

6.30 a.m. here and so glad I didn't drink yesterday afternoon. Today I'm going to a xmas gather with family. If hungover this morning I wouldn't want to go.....probably have 'a couple' of drinks to cut it before going, drive in a dangerous condition, hate the whole thing, leave early to get back here and back to it, tomorrow rinse and repeat into holiday....... and so on.

Wouldn't be back here either. So congrats to Pams, Rah, Faithful and Free for showing up and starting again. Hope you're still around too Badger.....

Okay.....time to start the day.

Have a good one everybody

SwimKim12 12-19-2015 12:10 PM

Pams and Rah welcome back, we are here for you :) I've been where you are too. You can do this!!

Supertired 12-19-2015 12:34 PM

Brutal cravings. Stressful day at work ... 2 hours to go then home to hide haha

rah555 12-19-2015 12:43 PM

Feeling bad that I ended up being in the same place again, overdoing it and having a blackout episode. I am not a responsible drinker. I push the limits. I don't feel well today...hungover, feeling remorse. You would think I would just be able to stop overdoing it. It makes me feel so bad physically and emotionally. Somehow I forget and end up slipping. I have been trying to overcome this for a couple of years now. I guess I never really committed to stopping. After an episode I do but then as time passes I start thinking I can moderate and I do that for a while but then lose it. I really want my life to be better.

KiKi0615 12-19-2015 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by enfinthechange (Post 5696866)
Well I didn't drink, we talked a lot. I am very confused, very sad and full of remorse and shame again... I have really broken my husband and marriage by being an idiot. He is so hurt. .. I still couldn't explain properly how I felt... but it was a start. Maybe ... didn't drink over it.is could see that was not the answer!

Great job! Just keep NOT drinking one day at a time & things will get better enfin! You really ARE doing fantastic! :-)

KiKi0615 12-19-2015 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by enfinthechange (Post 5696867)
I also feel likening have a hangover. .. bad head and groggy as a bin bag..... urghhhh. .

That's called an "emotional hangover" and early sobriety (a.k.a. PAWS). :-)

enfinthechange 12-19-2015 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 5697693)

That's called an "emotional hangover" and early sobriety (a.k.a. PAWS). :-)

Wow, thanks for the info
.. I will look it up. .. it certainly was an emotional night and I cried tonnes.... so sad in my marriage I thought would be awesome.forever!!!

patricia68 12-19-2015 12:57 PM

I love it! Thank you SoberMarathon!

KiKi0615 12-19-2015 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Soonerman (Post 5697035)
Oh wow did did know I had my own November 2015 group. Just made it in, stop drinking November 30th....have 20 days....yeah! ok carry on...lets do this..

Welcome Soonerman!!! :-)

enfinthechange 12-19-2015 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by rah555 (Post 5697507)
To be successful I am going to need to be diligent and focused. I start out strong then peeter out. Small goals...no drinking of course, but need to post/read comments daily., need to actively figure out how to live/interact/participate in things without drinking. It seems like it should be easy but breaking habits is challenging. It's almost the end of 2015. In 2015 I had 13 blackout episodes. Not great. I want to end 2015 strong and go into 2016 strong. Feeling a little down right now.

You are already doing fantastic as u are here!!! Every day just think NOW WAY... just like u wouldn't take class a drugs or rob granny's. .. wouldn't even consider it (I hope) so move alcohol there. Also give you AV a face, a politician i hate I gave mine. .. so when I pipes up I think of that idiot and nearly want to puke. He ain't telling me to drink! !!!

Good luck... tall it through to us! We all been there x

KiKi0615 12-19-2015 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree (Post 5697181)
Hey Guys, Ive been quiet for a while. I was sober for the most part until this week. I relapsed earlier this week and have been continuing all week. Im so lucky to not have gotten into trouble because I know me drinking can be dangerous. Im ready to start over and would like to stay in this class if you guys dont mind.

I'm sorry about you slip Faithful but so glad you came right back! Please stay with us so we can support you. We care & believe in you!!! Don't beat yourself up! It does no good! Forgive yourself, add some changes in your plan & keep coming back! Big hug!

KiKi0615 12-19-2015 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Supertired (Post 5697298)
Have I told you lately that I love you (class of November) : P

I love our class too!!! :-)

enfinthechange 12-19-2015 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 (Post 5697712)

I'm sorry about you slip Faithful but so glad you came right back! Please stay with us so we can support you. We care & believe in you!!! Don't beat yourself up! It does no good! Forgive yourself, add some changes in your plan & keep coming back! Big hug!

Defo... keep talking to us... we all been there! X

enfinthechange 12-19-2015 01:09 PM

Vanilla chai by Pukka. ... mmmmmmmm