Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 7

Old 12-25-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Good morning, All!

Canguy, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I think Dee gave some great advice. Even though it's a crap time I hope you can make it through without the bottle.

It was so nice to wake up without a hangover. I used to always be shaking and pretending I was fine when I just felt awful. So glad that is not the case today. Coffee without a hangover is so much better!
Old 12-25-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

And I just realized today is one month sober I could not have done it without you guys and without SR. Thank you so much for your support. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 12-25-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!

It was very hard last night, i struggled a lot, but I pulled though. I took several breaks to come here and read all your posts. It was so helpful. I love our class, best class ever! <3
Alrighty now to get though today. It's harder when everyone is drinking around you, makes you feel like your missing out on the festivities, but if i can get though last night i'm pretty sure i can make it through today.

You guys are all awesome. I'm grateful to be a part of this class. <3

Day 40
Sending Blessings

One day at a time
Old 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Congratulations Kim! Great milestone.
I'm glad you made it through last night Meshelly! It's tough because there is so much "partaking" around us!
So far today I feel great. Awesome Christmas and everybody is happy. I'm nervous because yesterday was great and then turned to crap about 4 minutes later, but I'll turn on the fan today when I use spices while cooking! Haha. That hubby. ��
I hope everybody was blessed today with family and love!
I'll check in later so if anybody is struggling stay strong! You've got this and we have your back!
Big Xmas hugs to all!
Old 12-25-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I just snuck outside of my in-laws house to "hide" & post here to say hi! I only have a second but I want you all to know I have been thinking about and praying for you all!

Canguy, my heart breaks for you. It must be such a tragedy losing a baby before you even get to know him. I believe you will see him again one day. I am praying for you and asking God to wrap his arms around you & give you comfort, healing & strength. I'm not sure what your religious beliefs are but it won't hurt for me to pray, right?

You know drinking won't help. I understand what you mean when you say "it will help for a short while" but it really doesn't. As our disease progresses the alcohol just doesn't work anymore. It causes deep depression, anxiety & shame. Hang in there. You can do this! Christmas is almost over.

I have a tough time at Christmas too. Lots of childhood trauma memories. :-( Now I am at my husbands parents house surrounded by people I don't really like who are drinking heavily. Ugh! (Actually right this second I'm hiding outside typing this! Ha!) I wish I could just go home but I have to go back in.

I hope everyone is staying strong! Thinking of you all!!
Old 12-25-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

30 days for me today
Old 12-25-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 30 lastchance and Kim

Hope everyone had a good day

D
Old 12-25-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Today is one month for me too swimkim
Feels great : )
Congrats everyone who's been able to navigate the season unscathed !!
Old 12-25-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all 3 of you....Kim, Last, and super.
Has anybody heard from Enfin? I can't recall a post in a couple days, which worries me a bit. I hope all is well and I'm just overlooking her checking in.
I hope you're doing ok Can!!!!
Old 12-25-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Congrats Lastchance & Kim! Woohoo!!!
Old 12-25-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Congrats to you too Supertired! Amazing!!!
Old 12-25-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you too supertired

D
Old 12-25-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Yr the best
Old 12-25-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Congrats to the new 30-day clubbers!!

Merry Christmas everyone. Feels great to be sober for the whole thing, doesn't it?! I'm actually feeling a little hungover from the food and sitting around but still much better than the alternative.

I've been wondering how long it's going to take for my liver, kidneys, brain, and everything in between to recover from all the bingeing over the years. I feel like there's still plenty of time to make a full recovery but realize this will likely take some time.

Looking forward to some good exercise in the morning and a fun, productive weekend. Take care everyone!
Old 12-25-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

One month for me too, today or tomorrow, I can't remember.

Today was a tough day. It wasn't about the cravings, it was mostly sadness all day long, and exhaustion, and anger. After lunch all I wanted to do was to throw myself on the floor kicking and screaming and crying. Pretending to be a happy family around the Holidays finally got me and I was ready for a full meltdown...

But I pull myself together one more time and kept going with the show...

My 8 year old son had a good day, and I am sober...30 days of no alcohol, and around 3 weeks of no benzos, down to 1 cigarette every 2 days or so...and I'm grateful for that
Old 12-25-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad your son had a good day Patricia - hopefully tomorrow will be better for you

D
Old 12-25-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
One month for me too, today or tomorrow, I can't remember. Today was a tough day. It wasn't about the cravings, it was mostly sadness all day long, and exhaustion, and anger. After lunch all I wanted to do was to throw myself on the floor kicking and screaming and crying. Pretending to be a happy family around the Holidays finally got me and I was ready for a full meltdown... But I pull myself together one more time and kept going with the show... My 8 year old son had a good day, and I am sober...30 days of no alcohol, and around 3 weeks of no benzos, down to 1 cigarette every 2 days or so...and I'm grateful for that
Wow Patricia!!! You are kicking butt! Great job! This holiday season is hard for me too but guess what? We made it!!!

My sponsor always says "fake it til you make it." I'm not sure what I think about that saying but it's definitely what I did all day yesterday & today. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted & FULL! I ate too much!

My husband & I drove separate cars to his parents house today (2 hours away) so I could leave if & when I want to. There's a lot of drinking around here & it bothers me. I need to take care of myself & not worry what others think.

Anyway, he & the kids are gonna stay a few more days & I'm going home in the morning, I'm gonna SLEEP, watch Netflix, sleep, maybe exercise, sleep, eat some ice cream, sleep & watch Netflix, lol! That's called "self-care!" Hahahaha!

I think it's really important for all of us to do something nice for ourselves over the next few days as a reward for all of our hard work & getting thru the holidays! Anything but drink! No drinking!

Anyway...you are awesome Patricia & inspire me!!!
Old 12-25-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi, All. Congrats to the other milestones today! You guys are awesome! Patricia, I remember how hard of a time you had with anxiety early on - you've come so far! I am so proud of you

Kiki, good plan taking a separate car so that you could leave when you needed to. I'm glad you have your husband's support. That is wonderful!

I had one of the best Christmases in years. Was present, not anxious, and just enjoyed hanging out with my family. It was really nice. But I definitely ate way too much! Ha ha.

Take care, All
Old 12-25-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
One month for me too, today or tomorrow, I can't remember.

Today was a tough day. It wasn't about the cravings, it was mostly sadness all day long, and exhaustion, and anger. After lunch all I wanted to do was to throw myself on the floor kicking and screaming and crying. Pretending to be a happy family around the Holidays finally got me and I was ready for a full meltdown...

But I pull myself together one more time and kept going with the show...

My 8 year old son had a good day, and I am sober...30 days of no alcohol, and around 3 weeks of no benzos, down to 1 cigarette every 2 days or so...and I'm grateful for that
I'm so proud of you Patricia. We all are! You've made a huge ge change in your life and I can't wait for everything to fall into place for you!
Old 12-26-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Congrats on all of the milestones! Today is day 8 for me. Feeling good I am focused on finishing 2015 sober and living 2016 sober!! Stay strong!