Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 45

Old 02-02-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Sassy, awesomeness you are sleeping better!

Yeah toots/marcher, I'm a febbie. February 22. Our thread died down quite early, and you all adopted me,which is much appreciated! This thread has felt like home for some time now.

Trachy, I have to admit you are too smart for me, I didn't quite get your post ether. Get it? Didn't get your post?? . But I didn't, just the cowboy bit. That was good.

Marcher, glad you are having pleasant weather after your crazy weather. I hope mr. Marchers arm gets better fast!

Toots, we don't regret the past nor wish to close the door... You got here when you got here and we love you for it!

Budd, I hope you are feeling alright my friend.

I had a funny week. Well of course, we moved. But I did something silly which made it stranger...

Been dragging since Monday morning. Understandable, I'm no spring chicken and we moved an apartment and storage unit full of stuff on Sunday, then spent our first night in the new house. Kept waking up, but it was awesome because I'd take a stroll around and look out the windows. Felt like we were at a resort, but it's our house!

Then I took Tuesday and half of weds off to help up at js old house, my butt was dragging. Weds afternoon I felt like a slug. At staff meeting. It was almost like I was drunk. Timing all off, thinking slow, just plain off. Thursday/Friday/Saturday same way. Saturday I lead a pretty strenuous 6 mile hike, and typically I'm as good as new and happy as heck after a nap. Nope. started to wonder what's wrong with me? Surely the move wouldn't mess me up that bad?? Sunday I was sooooo draggy! It was out find the kitchen day and I could barely think. It was really frustrating. Was I that out of shape? Is there something really medically wrong? I was starting to feel a little fog lift mid day, but it wasn't really a relief because I'd gotten a little scared by then. A week of this.

Then I went to set the coffee maker for Monday morning. I'd been using js decaf all week!!! So I was tired from the move AND drinking fake coffee all week. Lol.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Just sharing a stream of consciousness moment.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Yaaaay a Stream of consciousness!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

We, happy to hear you found the problem! Fatigue is one of the hardest things to diagnose because there are so darn many causes. I've had it a number of times over the years with a different cause each time except for a couple of repeats on my very slow thyroid.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from another coolish morning in Paradise, This morning I was giggling as I realised I had -- unheard of for me -- left my sunnies at home when I went for my morning walk. I was thinking how three years ago I would never have forgotten my sunnies on a brilliant summer's morning, then I giggled even more when I realised I wouldn't have even been walking in the morning.

Ah, the good life.

We you poor thing drinking non-coffee in moving week! No wonder you were so weary, the moving on it's own would be quite enough.

Sass my sweet that's good news about you sleeping well for five nights, I hope the good run continues.

Our friend and offsider in the shop just showed me some divine hand dyed New Zealand yarn, I can't wait to check it out.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Marcher, good to hear you are having some cooler weather.

And yes, isn't it fun sometimes to suddenly have one of those "aha - I wouldn't have done that if I were drinking" moments!
Old 02-02-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Sass I forgot to mention that I'm happy that you are sleeping at night.
It's awful when you don't feel rested.
Babs
Old 02-03-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Ooh sometimes I hate predictive text! Sarah? should have read aaah! And be Dee??? obviously bender ( which for some reason now wants to make blender!

Sass glad you are sleeping better. I had a bad night, night before last it was scary windy but also I didn't realise until last night I didn't take my night time meds which I take at nt because they make me drowsy!

Happy Hump Day all x
Old 02-03-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Peeps, I had an idea which you may or may not think a good one.

I was thinking about how we are coming up to three years and, whether or not it's our individual three year anniversary, it is an achievement that we've stuck together and that we matter to each other so much and we are sober.

And I think we have something to offer here at SR on that occasion.

I was thinking we could write a group letter -- as a post in Newcomers -- to SR. We could talk about what has worked for us individually and collectively and simply offer it as a "this is what we did". Obviously we don't have all the answers -- or even half of them -- but we must know something.

I was also thinking that we could ask Dee if he would be agreeable to posting the post for us so that it's not attributed to any one person but rather a gift from all of us.

I think individual congratulatory posts are lovely but how powerful could it be if we came together and synthesised everything into a not-too-long post?

I'd be willing to collate thoughts/writing which we could do as PMs or simply here. Then again we have North and Toots who both write and write well, but I wouldn't wish to presume upon their time.

What do you think?
Old 02-03-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Marcher, I think that's a lovely idea! I suspect we could all write volumes but the impact here would likely be the strong bond that we have and how we have helped each other in so many ways.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a pearly grey day in Paradise. Sass thanks for you comment re what I posted last night, let's see what the others think.

Toots I had to laugh about what you said above re predictive text, I'm scared to talk to Siri on my phone because I wonder what she'll make of what I say. I'm told I have a clear speaking voice but those "interactive" recorded messages never know what I have said to them.

We had some good news about the woman who fell down the stairs, she has been released from intensive care into a general ward! She's sitting up eating, moving her limbs (with help), smiling and reacting. There is a long road to hoe but the outlook is generally brighter.

I feel for her so much, I guess there is an element of "it could have been me" and not a bad thing that is.

Take care, have a lovely day peeps.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

I forgot to say that I am teaching knitting in all that spare time I've got. A young local girl, daughter of a friend, asked me a while back if I would teach her and a friend how to knit. I said I would if we could organise a time that works for all of us.

She's a go getter apparently, she checked out a time with me, organised herself, her friend and another friend, has things organised for her place so I'm not "put out". How thoughtful is that. So we are starting our pre-autumn knitting class on Sunday.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sure Marcher - if you guys write it, I'll post it

D
Old 02-03-2016, 11:56 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Lovely idea Marcher I am up for it. What do you suggest? We could all write something and PM it to you to collate? Unless you have something else in mind?
Old 02-04-2016, 02:25 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'll get in on that letter, Marcher.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:30 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been thinking - if I'd have to post it on your behalf anyway, it makes more sense to me for one of you to post it on behalf of your fellow Marchers?

D
Old 02-04-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Whatever works?

Dee, you are one of us!
Old 02-04-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Marcher, good idea! I like the gift idea!

I feel like people are relapsing all around me. It would make a nice boost. I know that sounds dramatic. I just need to let it out of my system. A lot of people I know lately have been in and out of relapse. My sponsor drank again. Then a really solid sober friend had a major fright recently and said something about a drink. Even though that person really is solid, with everyone else around me I went nooooo not you tooooo!

Again, dramatic I know. I need to chill. I will.

I think anniversaries kind of throw me for a loop. Strange as its a very good thing to be coming up on three years. But maybe it makes me think about it more?
Then getting offered booze and gifted with it left and right. Then sponsor drinking.

I'm fine, just rambling. Stream of consciousness helps me.

So yeah, treatise on the awesomeness of sobriety sounds good. I don't care who posts it. I love the idea of it being a quasi anonymous communal gift to sr.

Marcher, you are pretty rad.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers

Sorry not to have posted in a while – but I do keep up with reading the forum, I just don’t have much to say or offer at the moment (the usual winter depression).

I have exercised my brains out, spent quality time outdoors, and taken vitamin D, but this morning I went to my GP and we agreed it’s time for anti-depressants.

I like the idea of a letter quite a bit. As a writer, my advice is to have every Marcher who wishes contribute (with a maximum word count) on a common theme (for thematic unity). The diversity of our experiences may demonstrate to readers that there are many paths to recovery and a variety of strategies to keep sober. My other advice is NOT to have the writers in the group edit the piece: we tend to take over and rewrite everything so it has a consistent voice. This should be a community many-voices piece, IMHO.

Will try check in again sooner rather than later.

Big Love to All Marchers!

Northlander
Old 02-04-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Whatever works?

Dee, you are one of us!
I know - but I'm one of every other class too...I get around

D