Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 27

Old 12-17-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Shaun & I are going to an AA MEETING TOGETHER nothing to lose
Old 12-17-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
I'm on day two. Talking to councellors throught the day. The plans I have been looking up are enormous . You need to do dip into your superannuation to be able to fund it .
Snooz, if you don't want blunt, please don't read on.xx

You will have no retirement if you don't deal with this urgently. That's exactly why I suggested the dipping into Super. Do. It. It has to be approved, yes. But girl, you had fatty liver, and were not in good shape two years ago. This is threatening your life, and has been going on many months.

You left your home on a plane on a one way trip, dammit.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Crois may be blunt, but she makes a hell of a lot of sense - you may not live to collect your super if things keep going the way they have been.

I'm glad you're going to an AA meeting tho - you can never have too many strings in your bow

D
Old 12-17-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

If I live I live , if I die , I die .

I don't have much choice , anyhow , I had a lovely day with Holly picking up her very first car. I'm so proud of her xx
Old 12-17-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning, afternoon, night, dear Julyers.

Have a great day.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hello Leigh :-) I'm up late , how are you ️xxx
Old 12-17-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi, Snooz.

I'm okay; have my last loaf of bread in the oven. 'Almost' ready for Christmas.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Don't think I'm in denial Julyers , I can't afford to dip into my super , I'm not oblivious to all your thoughts and concerns .

It's just s I ******* hard
Old 12-17-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I love,fresh bread Leigh , yum
Old 12-17-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Me, too; especially the aroma of fresh out of the oven.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Me too Leigh, nothing in the world like fresh bread and a slathering of butter
Old 12-17-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Do your best

Snooz staying up late again is doing you no favours I'm so worried about you x
Old 12-17-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Snooz, if you don't want blunt, please don't read on.xx

You will have no retirement if you don't deal with this urgently. That's exactly why I suggested the dipping into Super. Do. It. It has to be approved, yes. But girl, you had fatty liver, and were not in good shape two years ago. This is threatening your life, and has been going on many months.

You left your home on a plane on a one way trip, dammit.
Crois i was thinking the same reading SnoozyQ 's post in newcomers.

You can tame the beast SnoozyQ!!
Old 12-17-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
If I live I live , if I die , I die .

I don't have much choice , anyhow , I had a lovely day with Holly picking up her very first car. I'm so proud of her xx
You are right, Snooz, if you live you live, if you die, you die.

You DO have a choice.

10 years ago, my children buried a Grandmother they never got to know because of this illness. My Mother. She died on Christmas Day at age 55.

Your words above make me angry. Damn angry. Because I saw the same kind of attitude in her at times, when this disease had her by the throat. I saw you post here your deep sadness when Josie passed, how you wished you could have done more, and you questioned - was there anything else you could have done?

I'm sitting here now nearly at 5.30am, worried sick about you, a person I don't know in real life, but who I've gotten to know over the past 2+ years, seen the compassion and joy you've brought to others and what a wonderful person you seem to be sober. I care about you. I would not post if I didn't, but it's gotten to the point Snooz, where it's hurting me. It's reminding me of my Mother, it scares me that Ryliegh will be like my kids and be attending the funeral of a person she never really got to know because her Grandma had the "if I live I live, if I die I die." Attitude.

I think you are still actively drinking Snooz, from the posts last night.

Given this time next week is the 10 year anniversary of my Mums death, your blasé attitude is upsetting me immensely now and I've chosen not to post and focus on my sober life and family in the lead up to
Christmas. I've accepted you are choosing the path you want and I love you Snooz, but I've said it before, you remind me of my Mum for all the good reasons, but all the bad reasons too, so it's time for me to step away for now and wish you all the best.

There's phone numbers in this thread, there's a mountain of PMs from people who care, the same people who would be devastated if this goes pear-shaped.

Please consider what sober Snoozy would do, because I really don't think you are thinking straight on this, and let's face it, alcohol damages our brain the more we consume it. Good luck with your decision Snooz.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Snoozy, what's that you mean about living and dying? I'm concerned, I don't like the tone of that.

I'm fed up being tired all the time. I do hardly anything in the day. If I go to the grocery store, I feel too tired to get gas. I don't know how people cope with work and families. My blood work was recently checked and everything is ok. It's a good job I don't have a man in my life, I'm not able for it, I can barely cope looking after myself.
I'm sorry to complain. I'm just so frustrated. I want to feel happy about the hard work I've done on recovery, but is this it? I couldn't bear it, life seems devoid of joy. I'm dreading the effort to go to the wedding and being with my family. What's wrong with me?
Old 12-17-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Do your best

Croissant

Leshar
Old 12-17-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
You are right, Snooz, if you live you live, if you die, you die.

You DO have a choice.

10 years ago, my children buried a Grandmother they never got to know because of this illness. My Mother. She died on Christmas Day at age 55.

Your words above make me angry. Damn angry. Because I saw the same kind of attitude in her at times, when this disease had her by the throat. I saw you post here your deep sadness when Josie passed, how you wished you could have done more, and you questioned - was there anything else you could have done?

I'm sitting here now nearly at 5.30am, worried sick about you, a person I don't know in real life, but who I've gotten to know over the past 2+ years, seen the compassion and joy you've brought to others and what a wonderful person you seem to be sober. I care about you. I would not post if I didn't, but it's gotten to the point Snooz, where it's hurting me. It's reminding me of my Mother, it scares me that Ryliegh will be like my kids and be attending the funeral of a person she never really got to know because her Grandma had the "if I live I live, if I die I die." Attitude.

I think you are still actively drinking Snooz, from the posts last night.

Given this time next week is the 10 year anniversary of my Mums death, your blasé attitude is upsetting me immensely now and I've chosen not to post and focus on my sober life and family in the lead up to
Christmas. I've accepted you are choosing the path you want and I love you Snooz, but I've said it before, you remind me of my Mum for all the good reasons, but all the bad reasons too, so it's time for me to step away for now and wish you all the best.

There's phone numbers in this thread, there's a mountain of PMs from people who care, the same people who would be devastated if this goes pear-shaped.

Please consider what sober Snoozy would do, because I really don't think you are thinking straight on this, and let's face it, alcohol damages our brain the more we consume it. Good luck with your decision Snooz.
Crois said it all so well and so eloquently, and I feel the same way.

Seeing your comment Snooz ~ If I live I live, If I die I die really hurt my heart.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi wolfie and Leshar and all of you.

Leshar ~ I know you know a lot about depression. It sounds to me like the kind of fatigue you are talking about might be part of that, but don't forget you have just had blood pressure meds etc adjusted. It's no wonder you're tired. Please give yourself a break, and just let your body rest when it wants to.

I am exhausted. After a horrible day of noise and heat yesterday, I didn't sleep very well, and we have three more days over 100.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry about the heat Venus

Popping in to say goodnight just got started on 1984 read about 50 pages
Old 12-17-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Nite wolfie.