Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 92

Old 12-14-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

In for 24 more, please!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Good morning, friends. Did you see the 60 Minutes piece on the new Drug Czar? AMAZING story! The guy is one of us, and he talks about the stigma associated with being in recovery. He is also a gay man, and he said in the past 17 years, it has been easier to tell people he is gay than it has been saying he is in recovery. REALLY??? I know it is true. I tried to be open with a few close friends , and I became the "whisper about" person, and my ladies Bible study group would treat me like I was some fragile flower.

Fragile flower??? Heck, I'm stronger than many of them. ANYBODY who does what we do on a daily basis is a super hero! Am I right?

Oh my word, it was soooo cool to hear this man talk about our disorder and orders treatment instead of imprisonment. Also, what other disease/disorder do they order only counseling/AA? Yes, we need the community and the counseling of others, BUT it is a biochemical issue, too, and it needs biological intervention as well. Imagine a cancer patient being sent to counseling and their support group, but not treated physically for the cancer. Yeah, it is like that and this guy gets it and he is the new leader of how this is handled in the US. I'm thrilled!

If you didn't catch it, google it. When he talks about getting into recovery, it is moving. Truly moving. So grateful for this man and for being a champion for us and all those joining our ranks.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

24 more please.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

24 more please! It's 8:53am in Florida.

Great job milestoners! Awesome!!
Old 12-14-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
3 months of ODAAT. Wonderful!
Thank you sweet sweet Kris!

I am so happy to be sober today celebrating with you all.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

thank you family in SR you show me great support, and that is giving the strength to keep going to not be ashamed to ask for help.
24 more please.
we together can do this.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! It’s wonderful to see each of you here today!

A warm welcome to Crasfd to the 24 hour thread! We’re so glad you are joining us here! We hope checking in here daily to reaffirm your commitment to sobriety, is a helpful tool. However, we also hope you also find support, inspiration, and encouragement as well!

The list runs from 12a central standard time (CST) to 11:59p CST. If you check in once during those times, your name is on the list, which is posted the list the following day.

Welcome back Andysob, Cascabel, Jack16, PeppermintPatty, Stomper, and ZeldaFan! We’re so glad you’re back with us! We have missed you!!

Congratulations to ten terrific milestoners: FaithfulAndFree is celebrating 2 weeks, badger257 is celebrating 1 major month, jsm273 is celebrating 2 fabulous months, sobertwins Arbor and Peacehappyness are celebrating 3 marvelous months, Dharma33 is celebrating 7 sensational months, Kris47 is celebrating 1 super year & 11 amazing months, soberwolf is celebrating 2 fabulous years & 4 spectacular months, tootsl1 is celebrating 2 fabulous years & 9 awesome months, and Hevyn is celebrating 7 sensational years & 11 amazing months! That is a hearty dose of inspiration!! All of you are super awesome!! Thank you for being here and for inspiring us today!

Here’s today’s list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety including posting on this thread on December 13th 2015 CST:
1newcreation
altoids
Andysob
arbor
aussieblue
BarbieKen
biminiblue
BlissWithin
BuddinK
Carlotta
Cascabel
Coldfusion
Crasfd
DaneK
Dee74
erfra7
FaithfulAndFree
ForgiveMeAll
FormerBeerLover
Goat
goose333
growpath
happywithme
Hevyn
Jack16
Kaneda8888
keyofc
Kris47
least
letitgo
Lostmyoffswitch
Madbird
Mark1014
NeoNew
NoGoingBack
Odelle
pams
Peacehappyness
PeppermintPatty
Purpleknight
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
sthlondonab
Stomper
strategery
Supertired
Surrender2win
tgirl
tokidoki
tootsl1
upwardspiral
vanaprastha
venuscat
waywardson8260
wehav2day
ZeldaFan
zeppodog

I always look forward to seeing each and every one of you here! I hope to see you all here again tomorrow!
Old 12-14-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

24 more.

Congratulations all very impressive list. Thats allota sobriety also. I cant wait to see what special cake strategery brings for this party!!!!

Have a great day!!
Old 12-14-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
24 more.

Congratulations all very impressive list. Thats allota sobriety also. I cant wait to see what special cake strategery brings for this party!!!!

Have a great day!!
It will be something special. No raisins though. I was worried about the raisin cake yesterday since people either love or hate raisins, but the cake looked tasty.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by altoids View Post
fragile flower??? Heck, i'm stronger than many of them. Anybody who does what we do on a daily basis is a super hero! Am i right?

bump times infinity
Old 12-14-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

10:17 in Tennessee
Old 12-14-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Altoids View Post
Good morning, friends. Did you see the 60 Minutes piece on the new Drug Czar? AMAZING story! The guy is one of us, and he talks about the stigma associated with being in recovery. He is also a gay man, and he said in the past 17 years, it has been easier to tell people he is gay than it has been saying he is in recovery. REALLY??? I know it is true. I tried to be open with a few close friends , and I became the "whisper about" person, and my ladies Bible study group would treat me like I was some fragile flower.

Fragile flower??? Heck, I'm stronger than many of them. ANYBODY who does what we do on a daily basis is a super hero! Am I right?

Oh my word, it was soooo cool to hear this man talk about our disorder and orders treatment instead of imprisonment. Also, what other disease/disorder do they order only counseling/AA? Yes, we need the community and the counseling of others, BUT it is a biochemical issue, too, and it needs biological intervention as well. Imagine a cancer patient being sent to counseling and their support group, but not treated physically for the cancer. Yeah, it is like that and this guy gets it and he is the new leader of how this is handled in the US. I'm thrilled!

If you didn't catch it, google it. When he talks about getting into recovery, it is moving. Truly moving. So grateful for this man and for being a champion for us and all those joining our ranks.
Bump!

And YES, We are ALL amazing!
Old 12-14-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Amen to that!
Old 12-14-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hi SR.

Here for a sober day.

Thanks,

Findingtheway
Old 12-14-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Another 24 hours for me please.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Happy Monday! Checking in and saying hello. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

24 more please.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
Happy Monday! Checking in and saying hello. Hope everyone is doing well.
Great to see you, VikingGF!!!!!! How are you?
Old 12-14-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, Altoids - I missed the show but am going to Google it.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happywithme View Post
5:36 a.m. Last 48 went great! Ready for 24 more :-)
Welcome to the 24 Hour Recovery Connection thread, happywithme.