Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 6

Old 12-08-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good Morning class! It's Tuesday, December 8, 2015!

****I totally forgot to send the class list out yesterday (Monday 12/6)! OMG! Sooooo sorry!*************

Have a great sober day! :-) CONGRATS to Canguy, Keepnitreal, Jemma44 & Tootsiesdad on 30 days!!! HUGE accomplishment! And welcome to Dustmeoff....a new member joining us 18 sober days in!

We are STRONGER TOGETHER!!!

*Canguy -30 days
*HealthyGoals - 2 days-you got this!
*Me (KiKi) -23 days
*Patricia -working her butt off! :-)
*StrangeAngel-working her butt off too!!! :-)
*Pams -23 days
*GoldenSands -24 days
*CurlyGirl -33 days
*KeepNitreal -30 days
*BlackBirdFly -24 days
*Noolan -19 days
*SwimKim - 14 days
*MeShelly -24 days
*Thumbelina -39 days
*WalkTheLine-18 days
*Supertired -13 days
*Max74 -38 days
*DariaM -2 days-never give up!
*ForeverFuzzy -19 days
*Jemma44 -30 days
*Blondsober -16 days
*Snowvelvet -34 days
*GoldCoastGirl -17 days
*Badger257 -24 days
*Odelle -17 days
*Tufty13 -37 days
*TryinginTexas - 24 days
*Onetimeless -32 days
*Chicklet -1 day- you can do it!
*Dallow - 16 days
*Learntofly -45 days
*Faithfulandfree - 10 days
*Tootsiesdad -30 days
*SoberMarathon -16 days
*Introspectator- 23 days
*RedAndy -24 days
*Rah555 -15 days
*Alphonse -21 days
*amitranjan04 -14 days
*ultradad -2 days-never give up!
*got2stopnow -16 days
*Fabat50 -31 days
*Enfinthechange -11 days
*SilentCinemaFan -11 days
*VanillaChaiTea -11 days
*Deniselarkin -11 days
*Augusta1893 -11 days
*Determined82 -11 Days
*Mish - 11 days
*Missy7 -11 days
*Paul37 -10 days
*Tatersalad -11 days
*FacingFuture-? days
*IronPhoenix -? days
*Beautifulpines -not counting days :-)
*Dustmeoff -18 days-Welcome!!!

*****REMEMBER*****
All we REALLY have is TODAY...this 24 hours. It's not a race. There is no shame in starting over as long as we NEVER GIVE UP!!! There is no graduation; just a wonderful journey into the happiness and amazing life we all deserve...

P.S. For those of you who had a slip, we love & care about you. We need you here with us. Please stay. You have become family...CYBER FAMILY! <3 xo
Old 12-08-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Hey Chicklet, part of the recovery process is reconditioning the brain to react differently to how we respond to events, virtually every event previously associated with drinking, celebrations included. Decorating for Christmas was difficult for me this year; I kept looking around for my glass of wine, a ritual deeply embedded in my unconscious mind. I felt like Debbie downer as I forced myself to continue, playing the tape through helped, seeing myself pouring the wine and engaging in the task, only to find myself waking up from a drunken stupor as my husband comes home, no dinner, boxes of decorations scattered around the house and me back to day one. NOT WORTH IT!
Old 12-08-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry Chicklet. I'm glad you're back tho.

why do you think you didn't reach out for help tonight?

D
Dee brings up a very good question..."why don't we reach out for help before we take that first drink"

I know I've struggled with this in the past, it seems once I get to the point of taking that first drink that there's probably no one going to talk me out of it, however...I wonder if I started reaching out for help before I got to that point could I stop the madness??? I guess the key is realizing and recognizing the cycle as soon as it starts and not letting it get to that point. Anyway, something I'm going to be aware of now and maybe in the beginning I should consider each day, especially two weeks from now as a sign that I should reach out...

Feel better Chicklet...
Old 12-08-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post
Thanks tufty, I suppose you're right, I did come back to try again, better than falling completely off the wagon and getting run over in the process. Day one today!
Chick let- My first try was the end of October, I hadn't started a class but I had gone to an AA meeting, I went 11 days and I was feeling strong. It was a Friday and I didn't reach out to a soul. I wanted to get drunk. My hubby and son were out of town for the weekend and I thought " what the hell nobody will know!" I drank for 3 days and then sobered up and called my sponsor. I was soooooo embarrassed. I went to My weekly AA meeting mid week (my sponsor wasn't there) and had to let everybody know I was back on day 1. Today is day 30! I don't want to start at day 1 again.
Long story short...sometimes we don't reach out so we need to dig a little deeper and find out what is motivating us to quit so that we do reach out!!! You've got this just look for your big WHY.

KIR
Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
I want more. I want a sense of permanency and to just admit that I used to have a problem but that was a different me and I'm a new man now. Maybe totally naive and unrealistic but I guess we'll find out.
Sober marathon I totally relate to this. I feel the same way about it. Though I read someone once say that we will never be recovered but always in recovery. Or something like that. Which was disappointing to hear. But after awhile of solid sobriety, I can only imagine that we would have healed so much by then that we would be new people. Just still with a potential problem if we pick up that drink again, ever.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Btw-just last week hubby asked me if it was my day 30. I told him no, that when he was out of town I had a little wine. (or a few bottles as the case may be). I knew that nobody would know that I drank, but I knew. I was kinda embarrassed because I let him down, but I'm glad I had a few weeks sober time before he asked.
He was fine and never said another word about it.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good job everyone on one more 24 hrs sober!
Chicklet, keep trying and don't give up.

Patricia I hope you got some good sleep and sweet relief in the morning of not drinking, and hope he cleaned up his empties.

Snow velvet, tufty and canguy, geeze those numbers are adding up! So great to see we can do this.

Kiki thanks again for your list! I didn't know what day I was on today and got to check on your list
So, I'm on day 24- I think I have to start getting more strictly healthy because I'm making myself sick with consuming too much sugar and crap. For example, I ate a whole bag of snickerdoodle muddy buddies between yesterday/last night/this morning. Now I feel so disgusting and like crap. This is not the way to lose weight! Going to have to make up for it by drinking tons of lemon water today, fresh veggies etc.
I also stopped going for my walks
But at least I have not had a drink. It sounded really good last night. really good. But, today, I am so glad I didn't. So glad.
I am also sooo happy for the fact of how much money I have saved at this point for not spending any money on alcohol. Such a win!! More money to spend on my kids.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I was in the kitchen getting a glass of water before going to bed and my husband shows up, bottle in hand, to get the bottle opener. He opens the bottle and all cheerful he says "This is good! Try it!"...I look at the bottle, look at him, roll my eyes, and all I can think is "Universe, you surely have a strange sense of humor..."

I say "Thanks but I don't think I should drink while I'm taking these supplements." And my husband insists...so I stick my pinky finger in the bottle, lick my finger and say "Eww it tastes lemony!". I hug my husband and say "Have fun, I'm going to bed."

It took me a while to fall asleep. I didn't have any cravings, AV didn't say a thing. But I was stressing out about having cravings later on...I overthink too much I know. I finally took a few deep breaths, remembered that it's not that "I can't drink"..."I choose not to drink"

And I had a good night of sleep

Thank you guys. It was because of all your support that I managed to say no last night
Old 12-08-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I just found this on Facebook. I could have so used it last night!! I was struggling for an hour to get a good breath. It's a collapsible/forming shape on repeat and you breathe to it. So cool. It says "if you have anxiety, take breaths to this"
https://31.media.tumblr.com/b1406ea40336dc68e5404b380c391d96/tumblr_nsj9tcMOgY1qkv5xlo1_500.gif
Old 12-08-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 38

Good morning all!!

Heres to everyone having a healthy sober week!!!!

Cheers!!!
Old 12-08-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Patricia, great job resisting the alcohol. You are in control!

Chicklet, I'm glad you came right back to us I second what's already been said about learning new ways to reward ourselves. I tend to do that with sweets or letting myself buy a book I've been wanting.

I have struggled in the past with posting here when I have an intense craving. It's like the AV completely takes over and convinces me not to reach out bc I know I want to drink anyway. The thing is, I don't want to drink, my AV does! I will never be fooled by that again!
Old 12-08-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Starting day 3. Tired (poor sleep), nauseous, bloated, upset stomach and chills - but even with all that, it's better than being hungover.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day 11 in the bag... I was so tired again, and really stroppy with my boss as I feel my workload is too.much for I one human... he can't change it, but at least he knows! !!! No urge to drink, but I wouldn't on a Tuesday anyway.... mostly! I feel a little taller in the world and, shock horror, I went and had my hair cut!!!! Something for me!!!! The family liked it, though I feel guilty about spending 20 quid on me and vanity!!!!
Next I want more tattoos and maybe another ear piercing... I like having these done when I am.on the ultra stress register.... I don't have many tattoos but would like more hidden ones, so I have a secret me away from all the work bullsheet, a pice of me that's still real! And I just like sticking metal through my ears!!!
How inappropriate for a 41 year old teacher.... but not as inappropriate as last Friday I hear you cry. Dam right... these things I can choose sober!!!
Keep strong my virtual friends ?de0a
Old 12-08-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Whoa big up the 30 day crew.
You guys are killin it!!
Life is super hectic and the holidays are closing in, but I really want 30 days for myself . Y'all seem to enjoy it! Why shouldn't I
Old 12-08-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Dee brings up a very good question..."why don't we reach out for help before we take that first drink"

I know I've struggled with this in the past, it seems once I get to the point of taking that first drink that there's probably no one going to talk me out of it, however...I wonder if I started reaching out for help before I got to that point could I stop the madness??? I guess the key is realizing and recognizing the cycle as soon as it starts and not letting it get to that point. Anyway, something I'm going to be aware of now and maybe in the beginning I should consider each day, especially two weeks from now as a sign that I should reach out...

Feel better Chicklet...
I never thought I could be stopped once the madness took hols...but
I gave it a go...and it worked. I didn't drink.

Was I happy the first few times? Not really...

my inner addict was VERY dirty with me - but it shut up eventually.

I really encourage people to come here and let themselves be talked out of bad ideas

D
Old 12-08-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jenses

D
Old 12-08-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober... Just very tired nowadays. Coffee is getting me through the day but I'm crashing well before bedtime. Hoping to get back active and in the mix with you guys soon.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jenses View Post
Starting day 3. Tired (poor sleep), nauseous, bloated, upset stomach and chills - but even with all that, it's better than being hungover.
Welcome, Jenses! And yes, way better than being hungover!!!

Thank's Dee...I'll be sure to do that and give it a try!
Old 12-08-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

So I've been watching 1-2 Netflix movies every night. I feel gutted when I see someone pour a glass of wine in a movie. Will this feeling ever go away? Ugh
Old 12-08-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

On a different note- I joined weight watchers today. I used to not want to join because I knew I would blow it by drinking my calories alone, and I was not willing to give up drinks.
Now, I can do WW with no drinking