Blogs


Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 26

Old 12-15-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Member
 
SnoozyQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,402
Thanks Dee , I will . Omg ...this is soooooo hard this time ;-( but thank you everyone for all your support . I read it every day and tip down the sink when I'm truly affected by words , like just now. I'm making a cup of tea and going to bed .

I have to apologise to all of you. This must be so tedious and a pain in the arse.

You can only listen to so much whining for so long.

I will fix this somehow xxx
SnoozyQ is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnoozyQ For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), venuscat (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Member
 
SnoozyQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,402
Ladybug please don't end up like me :-( stop. Now xxx
SnoozyQ is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnoozyQ For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), venuscat (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 188,563
Blog Entries: 1
I wouldn't be here if I thought it was tedious or a PITA

It all starts from a single decision Snooz - just don't buy that next bottle

Maybe re-reading some of your old posts will help you recognize the real you and her fighting spirit?

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), SnoozyQ (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), venuscat (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Member
 
SnoozyQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,402
Ok Dee , I'll go do that now. I know I'm in a bad place when I wake up in the morning and I'm so disappointed :-(
SnoozyQ is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnoozyQ For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), venuscat (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 188,563
Blog Entries: 1
never too late for a fresh start

I'm off to bed - see you tomorrow

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
Leshar (12-15-2015), SnoozyQ (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), venuscat (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Member
 
SnoozyQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,402
Night Dee , thanks for your help xx
SnoozyQ is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SnoozyQ For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), venuscat (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 4,227
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
never too late for a fresh start

I'm off to bed - see you tomorrow

D
Never, ever, ever too late.

Snooz. I lied to myself for a bit this last time I drank. I'm pretty sure I didn't mention that I'd been "coerced" into a drink. Just one. Last New Years Eve. Just as we were leaving the party...my glass of champagne got poured and I said no, then it was there, so I intended to "pretend" to sip it. But then I thought, oh hell....one sip can't hurt. Sipping away on that glass for about haf an hour.

Got home, went to sleep. Nothing.

This is good. I'm ok.
6 weeks later. My friend comes to town. Nothing bad happened at New Years....hmmm. Maybe a few drinks won't hurt. Slight blackout, but ok. No more drinking, don't tell the SR people. Let's see how this goes.

Sip around feb 22. Knew I wanted to drink the lot, but gave the bottle away because I knew my kids would know, and I'm on holidays.... feeling guilty.

Go to work party on the 27th of feb. This is my third time drinking since the New Years episode. All nighter. Black out. Nearly set my house on fire. Altercation with a house mate.

Hmm, I better rethink this. How did I get from no cravings to black out? Feel a bit embarrassed at work, and at home (they think it's a once off) better rethink my strategy. What's the best way to think? Get a bottle of wine of course, just to make sure I'm not over reacting, surely I can drink sensibly? I gave up for 8 months...got fit, lost weight. I will just drink this weekend. No, I don't think I will mention this on SR (maybe I did at this point, probably not, cos you guys would ruin my fun).

Anyway, that weekend of drinking and thinking solved a lot at the end of Feb (not). I drank I think pretty much every day during March. (Intending to stop every day)....for the next four weeks.

New job 1 April. Showed up desperately hung over. I was scared. I'd injured my ankle in blackout still not sure how.

Nothing about drinking was predictable anymore. The volume, the cravings, the promises to not drink....all of it....just as crazy as day 1 back in July 2013.

There's no point me drinking, fantasising about drinking, romanticising drinking. It didn't happen immediately, Snooz. But you must stop, tell yourself the real truth, that this WILL kill you. It's time to grow up and accept we aren't bulletproof anymore, we really aren't. This thing has us in a heartbeat every time we think raising a glass to our lips is an option.

With that, I'm going to bed too. Snooz.
Croissant is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Croissant For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (12-15-2015), LDT (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), SnoozyQ (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), wehav2day (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Member
 
SnoozyQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,402
Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Never, ever, ever too late.

Snooz. I lied to myself for a bit this last time I drank. I'm pretty sure I didn't mention that I'd been "coerced" into a drink. Just one. Last New Years Eve. Just as we were leaving the party...my glass of champagne got poured and I said no, then it was there, so I intended to "pretend" to sip it. But then I thought, oh hell....one sip can't hurt. Sipping away on that glass for about haf an hour.

Got home, went to sleep. Nothing.

This is good. I'm ok.


6 weeks later. My friend comes to town. Nothing bad happened at New Years....hmmm. Maybe a few drinks won't hurt. Slight blackout, but ok. No more drinking, don't tell the SR people. Let's see how this goes.

Sip around feb 22. Knew I wanted to drink the lot, but gave the bottle away because I knew my kids would know, and I'm on holidays.... feeling guilty.

Go to work party on the 27th of feb. This is my third time drinking since the New Years episode. All nighter. Black out. Nearly set my house on fire. Altercation with a house mate.

Hmm, I better rethink this. How did I get from no cravings to black out? Feel a bit embarrassed at work, and at home (they think it's a once off) better rethink my strategy. What's the best way to think? Get a bottle of wine of course, just to make sure I'm not over reacting, surely I can drink sensibly? I gave up for 8 months...got fit, lost weight. I will just drink this weekend. No, I don't think I will mention this on SR (maybe I did at this point, probably not, cos you guys would ruin my fun).

Anyway, that weekend of drinking and thinking solved a lot at the end of Feb (not). I drank I think pretty much every day during March. (Intending to stop every day)....for the next four weeks.

New job 1 April. Showed up desperately hung over. I was scared. I'd injured my ankle in blackout still not sure how.

Nothing about drinking was predictable anymore. The volume, the cravings, the promises to not drink....all of it....just as crazy as day 1 back in July 2013.

There's no point me drinking, fantasising about drinking, romanticising drinking. It didn't happen immediately, Snooz. But you must stop, tell yourself the real truth, that this WILL kill you. It's time to grow up and accept we aren't bulletproof anymore, we really aren't. This thing has us in a heartbeat every time we think raising a glass to our lips is an option.

With that, I'm going to bed too. Snooz.
This post and your honesty means the world to me Crois , I can't tell you how much this sunk in .

Xxx thank you lovely xxx
SnoozyQ is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnoozyQ For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), wehav2day (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Almost 700 years sober
 
Soberwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 66,890
Blog Entries: 4
I love the Australians here x

Great advice Snooz read every bit of it & try and get some Shuteye order a recovery book or 2 to help reinforce your sobriety & to help tire your eyes

Night to the Australian contingent of Julyers xx
Soberwolf is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soberwolf For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Member
 
Leshar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,001
Hello all,
Snoozy, there's been some wonderful advice and honesty here. I don't have much to add except that for me, sobriety has become about acceptance and responsibility, both to myself and others. I don't drink. You know I continue to struggle with depression, but no matter how much things suck, I don't drink.
I don't know what else to say. It's very hard, there's no doubt.
I'm worried too, for Ladybug, she hasn't posted in a bit. It would seem that she is trying to manage on her own devices, and in my opinion, at some point, it's just not enough, even with SR and the best of intentions. I want the best for all of us.
I'm not in a good place, very flat, physically exhausted, dizzy a lot, not really enjoying much of anything, but I know even if this is as good as it ever gets, I'm in a better place being sober. It's the responsible thing to do.
Croissant, I hope you're feeling better at this point. Thank you for your honesty.
I see my psychiatrist today and I dread the long, tiresome drive. I felt like cancelling, but that is avoiding responsibility I know.
Leshar is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leshar For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), wehav2day (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Member
 
SnoozyQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,402
Hi darling Leshar im still awake
SnoozyQ is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnoozyQ For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), wehav2day (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Member
 
SnoozyQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,402
Don't dread the long drive sweetheart , it's going to help you , I wish you all the very best from the bottom of my heart I truly do cxxxxx
SnoozyQ is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SnoozyQ For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), wehav2day (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,433
Hey, Snooz; I am just now catching up on the 'overnight' posts.

Lots of fantastic advice above.

Dee's links are great; take a look at them again, please.

So you have 7 days until detox/rehab and your AV is going crazy. Why not take a look at AVRT during this time; complete some on-line worksheets (you can google 'AVRT' and a ton of information is offered.

There is also an SR link; I'll post it in a minute.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), SnoozyQ (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,433
Here is the link, Snooz:

Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), SnoozyQ (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,433
Good morning/afternoon/night, dear Julyers.

Have a great day.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), SnoozyQ (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Member
 
SnoozyQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,402
Thank you darling Leigh , you are a sweetheart xxxx I shall check it out now xx
SnoozyQ is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SnoozyQ For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), venuscat (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Almost 700 years sober
 
Soberwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 66,890
Blog Entries: 4
Snooz isn't it almost 4am where you are with all the stress your body is under this isn't going to help

I know I keep saying it but try & get some rest x
Soberwolf is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soberwolf For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015), venuscat (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Grateful Member ♥
 
venuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: German Village, Columbus with my love ♥
Posts: 63,712
Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
I've tried daily phone calls , I've tried AA , I've tried drying out , I've tried rehab dry outs , I've tried everything I know how . I just think im a lost cause at this point , I just CANT get it together.

I'm not being a martyr I just don't think anything is going to help me anymore
I spent quite a long time on line yesterday looking up every single drug and alcohol rehab and help service in Adelaide.

If I was you Snoozy love, I would call every single one of them. Every chance possible. I will help you make the calls if you want....

Have you tried this one love?

The Adelaide Clinic
venuscat is offline  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), LDT (12-16-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), resolute50 (12-15-2015), SnoozyQ (12-16-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Grateful Member ♥
 
venuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: German Village, Columbus with my love ♥
Posts: 63,712
Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
There's no point me drinking, fantasising about drinking, romanticising drinking. It didn't happen immediately, Snooz. But you must stop, tell yourself the real truth, that this WILL kill you. It's time to grow up and accept we aren't bulletproof anymore, we really aren't. This thing has us in a heartbeat every time we think raising a glass to our lips is an option.
As my October class buddies would say, boom!

Thank you Crois.
venuscat is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
Croissant (12-15-2015), Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), SnoozyQ (12-16-2015), SoberLeigh (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Member
 
SoberLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 115,433
Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I spent quite a long time on line yesterday looking up every single drug and alcohol rehab and help service in Adelaide.

If I was you Snoozy love, I would call every single one of them. Every chance possible. I will help you make the calls if you want....

Have you tried this one love?

The Adelaide Clinic
Venuscat, , totally.
SoberLeigh is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoberLeigh For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (12-15-2015), Leshar (12-15-2015), SnoozyQ (12-16-2015), venuscat (12-15-2015)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 AM.