Do your best

Thanks Leigh x

Just finished reading going bed now goodnight
Old 12-11-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Julyers. See you tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hi guys , checking in after a busy work day ! The Boss came in unexpectedly with a Christmas pack for each of us.

Champagne ( my nemesis )
Apple cider
A bottle of baileys Irish creme , for ***** sakes

Oh and chocolates
Old 12-11-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

This is ******* killing me !!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

image.jpg

For you Dee ️xxx
Old 12-12-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you gave the hamper away or dumped it in the bin Snooz.

D
Old 12-12-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers. Hope you don't mind me popping in from time to time.

Wendy, I know we have chatted privately, and you know I'm 100% supportive of you, but I just wanted to add this.

You are the author of your own life story, and only you can say what happens next. There are literally people all over the world who are thinking and praying for you...we all have our own stories which we can share with you, our own methods of recovery which have worked for us, but we cannot do this for you. Please don't write off any recovery method as desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sure, it isn't easy to get sober, when I relapsed it took me 3 months to get back on track, and I had all those feelings of guilt and hopelessness that are so familiar to us all.

There isn't anyone of us who hasn't felt as you do now, but this is 'The Story of Wendy' chapter 2. You have the pen in your hand and a blank sheet in front of you. What's going to happen next?

Your girls are reading and waiting for the next instalment. It's over to you Wendy.

Love you lady ❤️ Xx
Old 12-12-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Julyers well for 4 mins then its 12 pm mrs sw is sleeping I think she may be unwell
Old 12-12-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
Jeni, great, thought provoking post which applies to all of us.
Snoozy, you must re gift the booze asap, or dump it. Don't say it's killing you, it's in your hands to take good care of yourself. Thinking of you.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hi again folks,
I had an unsettled morning but feeling better currently. I had a drinking dream. I was with friends on a holiday and was drinking and all I could think about was how I was going to sneak more booze without anyone noticing.
You know, I've done this and I'm ashamed of the memory. I was at my brother's in April 2013 and we all drank a lot and then when everyone had gone to bed, I sneaked upstairs to the drinks cupboard, and filled my glass with vodka. I had a blackout that night. The family did not find out. I was worried and on returning home, began googling and I'm happy I found SR. I want that to be the last blackout I ever have. I guess I must be thinking about being with my family soon at the upcoming wedding in January. I will be sticking close to SR.
I was weepy and unsettled this morning and had to do my best not to cry at the gym. I'm not sure where the tears were coming from, just sad and lonely, I guess.

I decided to go to the farmers' market after the gym, just to be around people. I was having a coffee when a guy I recognized came up to me and said hello.
He'd auditioned for the same play as I did and he too was disappointed not to get the part. Anyway, folks, I hope I may ask you for some advice here, about "boy-girl" stuff, for want of a better phrase. So, after he was talking a bit, I said would you like to sit down and he did and we got talking about how we're newbies in the acting realm and how we're passionate about it and how we were both really bummed out about not getting the parts we wanted. As it happens, he was recently cast in another production which he's happy about.
He asked for my email address, saying that he would keep in touch about theatre stuff, our local theatre guild is having lessons, and he said he'd let me know if there were still spots available. We exchanged email addresses. He talked about his work, and how he's separated from his wife and that there would be a lot of "stuff" such as the marital home to sort out after Christmas.
Anyway, not to go on, but I was attracted to him. I've no idea how I came across. I feel a bit like Vera on Wentworth, if any of you know her, shy and not at all confident with men. I wanted to convey that I was interested in him, but I don't know how to do that and besides, he's dealing with the grief, to use his own word, of his marriage ending. So, if he doesn't email me, should I sort of casually email him perhaps after Christmas when all the hoopla has died down? It didn't help that I was in my gym gear, totally without makeup, not even a bit of lippy.
But he just seemed so nice and it was great to be able to talk about our shared love of acting.
Goodness, I think I've gone on! Bottom line, how do I know if he was just being friendly, or if he "liked" me. Thanks for putting up with me.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Hi guys , checking in after a busy work day ! The Boss came in unexpectedly with a Christmas pack for each of us.

Champagne ( my nemesis )
Apple cider
A bottle of baileys Irish creme , for ***** sakes

Oh and chocolates
Get rid of it, Snooz - right this minute. Pour it down the drain or put it in a trash can.

Except the chocolates, of course, ( unless they are spiked, too).
Old 12-12-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
This is ******* killing me !!!!!!!
. . . only if you drink it.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm not an expert & I'm cautious to get your hopes up but 2 things he gave you his email address & mentioned hes separated from his wife

I'm sure he'll email you but if not employ the 3 day rule then send a theatre related msg or coffee meet up no harm in going for a coffee

Sounds like a nice guy Leshar x
Old 12-12-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Leshar, for now, I'd treat it just like any friendship starting to bloom, male or female....and see how it goes.

Like you, I'm feeling a real gap in that area of my life, which I've mentioned before. Sometimes I have to be on guard that I don't project all the feelings I "want" to have onto someone who potentially is unsuitable to me. (although sometimes it feels like just a living, breathing person would do, lol!)

Treat it for what it is now...a nice social connection- the rest will come if the feeling is mutual. Hard not to overthink it, for sure!

Hey, sooooo awesome on the skating too...I'm definitely not that brave!
Old 12-12-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Leshar :-) I just loved your post. It really made me smile . I can sense you are quite attracted to him. I would certainly email him to show your interest otherwise he may think you're not interested. Why wait . If he's as nice as he sounds go for it. I found your post very endearing.

Shaun hid the bottles out of the pack. I assume they went in the bin.
Our world revolves around alcohol doesn't it. Even gifting.

Keep us up to date Leshar :-) xx
Old 12-12-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Vera from Wentworth Leshar

Xoxox you're a gem xxxxx
Old 12-12-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Thanks, Wolfie and Croissant.
Hey, Croissant, I had to laugh, "a living, breathing person..." hehe, I get you!
Mark, the guy from this morning sent an email about the acting lessons, he couldn't find the information, but said he would email again once he found it. I thought that was kind and considerate of him. Well, I'm attracted to him, I don't know if he is to me, but I will just leave it at that and take my cue from him. I just don't want to push things, it's really not my style, I'm old and old fashioned!
Old 12-12-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy, now if I could just get a hunk like Fletch interested in me, hehe!
I'm glad Shaun dealt with the bottles, Snooz, it's for the best. You're right about things revolving around alcohol, especially at this time of the year. There was no regular booze in our house growing up, but my dad would get gifts of sherry and whiskey at Christmas. I had my first taste of sherry at about 10 years old and I clearly remember the warm, fully relaxed sensation it gave me. I was an anxious kid. I'd sneak sips of it unbeknownst to my folks. It was all downhill from there! My sister first drank whiskey at Christmas at about 8 years old and she still does.
Glad you're coping, Snoozy.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Do your best

Leshar

Hi Croiss

How are you Snooz
Old 12-12-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Hi Julyers. Hope you don't mind me popping in from time to time.

Wendy, I know we have chatted privately, and you know I'm 100% supportive of you, but I just wanted to add this.

You are the author of your own life story, and only you can say what happens next. There are literally people all over the world who are thinking and praying for you...we all have our own stories which we can share with you, our own methods of recovery which have worked for us, but we cannot do this for you. Please don't write off any recovery method as desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sure, it isn't easy to get sober, when I relapsed it took me 3 months to get back on track, and I had all those feelings of guilt and hopelessness that are so familiar to us all.

There isn't anyone of us who hasn't felt as you do now, but this is 'The Story of Wendy' chapter 2. You have the pen in your hand and a blank sheet in front of you. What's going to happen next?

Your girls are reading and waiting for the next instalment. It's over to you Wendy.

Love you lady ❤️ Xx
I love this post Jeni.
Snooz ~ I really hope you read it sweetheart.
So glad Shaun got rid of the bottles for you.

Love and good morning to all of you.