One Year and Under Club Part 50

Old 11-29-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend

Goodnight guys
Old 11-29-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey SW! I had a good peaceful weekend. Thanks for asking. All the best to all of you!
Old 11-29-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks, SW. I had a good weekend :-)
Old 11-29-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Folks;
Hope you don't mind if I join the thread--I'm now officially 12 days sober after a relapse.

I'm in the process of tweaking my recovery program to fix the leaks and stay sober for good.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Hawkeye

D
Old 11-29-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome, Hawkeye!

I think we've got a positive and supportive group here.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hawkeye! The Undies are a great group!

Getting all ready from my Philippine adventure Tuesday AM. Flight leaves here at 6AM so up and to airport by 4ish.... Probably won't sleep all night. Oh joy!

I may have the chance to check in now and then... so until then.. Peace!

Old 11-29-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome Hawkeye. Safe journey, Drake!
Old 11-29-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Welcome hawkeye.
Lots of support here on sr.x
Old 11-30-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Hawkeye, you fit the criteria for the Undies better than I do so pull up a seat and get comfy!

Have a good week my Undie friends xx
Old 11-30-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

(Hawkeye) hey!
Drake safe return! (Hug)
Have a nice Monday! I'm off today. 5 days of being off makes me feel like I don't wanna go back! Lol
If only I had the choice to go or not to go...sadly I don't do back to the grind tomorrow! Be safe!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

good morning everyone. Back to work today, but had a nice weekend even though it rained all of the time. I sure could have used 5 days off Key!

Have a nice trip Drake!

Welcome Hawkeye. There are a lot of great people that post here!
Old 11-30-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Happy Monday, Undies :-)
Old 11-30-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey Undies,

So what's happening?

Welcome Hawkeye13. Congrats on your new sober journey. If you don't mind, could you share a bit on your relapse and revise plan? I have done so at various times on this thread.

Short version: First sober attempt went 11.5 years. Relapsed following major surgery by way of pain meds (as directed). Didn't know it...wasn't in a program...just not drinking. About 4 months after pills were gone and my resistance had been lowered and a simple glass of Chianti at a dinner party with some Italian food set me on a lost decade of repeated relapses where I lost near all near and dear...well beyond the somewhat meaningless material things.

Somehow, someway, in a moment of clarity, while in a fetal position in bed just wishing and hoping I would die, I found the willingness to go to any lengths to get and stay sober. Well, perhaps not at that moment...but soon after, for sure. I wrote an email to all I held near and dear except my two amazing daughter's and said I would somehow change.

That day I met a psychiatrist, who prescribed anti depression meds (which I dropped in a few weeks - my depression was situational- eliminate booze and depression disappears for me), my old therapist, who told me that I was a chronic relapser and clinically depressed and offered little hope of a cure. However, the most important and profound move I made that day was to attend an AA meeting....and, even more importantly, listen to how I aligned and not look for why it wasn't for me. My lesson from that meeting was that those who do not recover are constitutionally incapable of telling the truth - especially to themselves....and we are only as sick as our secrets. I stopped spinning the truth right then and there.

At almost 30 months, and 600 meetings and lessons later, my recovery journey has been physical, emotional and best of all, it has a spiritual (not at all religious) component that was sooo missing in my life. I went for my drinking and stay to fix my screwed up thinking.

Blending AA, therapy and SR was my recovery of choice. SR was mostly focused on this Under One Year thread. That is why it is so hard for some of us to leave. I'm told that I can't keep this amazing gift if I don't find ways to give it away - every day. Then again, just staying close on this thread has continued to grow my sobriety as well. Funny thing, I am a puppy at 30 months in AA, but an old timer here?

Oops, I went a bit overboard...sorry. Also, I do not profess that this is the only way to joyous, happy and free...just MY path.

My Best,

Carlos

PS - Enjoy your trip, Drake!
Old 12-01-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks for your inspirational post Carlos! Your path sounds great to me.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thank f... You wrote the short version Carlos! Hahaha sorry sweetie just joshin!

My short version... I drank I fell over a lot I drank more, I didn't like me very much found SR been here ever since. Still fall over, but not because I'm drunk!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Toots, omg! I just noticed that I'm not far behind you in # of posts - that's scary
Old 12-02-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning. We are finally getting some sun today after a long rainy spell so I'm glad about that. I work outside most of the time so I pay attention to the weather. I am feeling much better and less stressed out at work now that I got the schedule changed and have not been getting stressed out lately. I have been working on not letting things get to me and it is still paying off. I'm still working hard, but a new approach to things is helping be overall.

Before, I seemed to always drown everything away in alcohol on my days off, but now I can actually enjoy the weekends. I'm not changing stuff fast but I am starting to feel like I have regained some freedom. I'm still working through the recovery and the PAWS but things are much better sober right now.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

WWS, your positive posts are an inspiration. I think you point out something that most of us learned the hard way - that just not drinking is important but thinking our way through our old ways of reacting and coping is critical. I'm happy to hear that you are noticing the difference after setting your boundaries with work.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Wow - very quiet day here! I'm assuming that means that everyone is quietly gliding along in sobriety :-)