Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 50

Old 01-04-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Greetings! Just checking in with the Undies. I passed 1,000 days sober on New Year's day and looking forward to 1,000 more.

I had a lot of the same issues I see some of the new Undies have... triggers, craving, etc. It does get better with time. You just start realizing how you really do not need to drink, you find better things to drink and you relish feeling so much better. I lost 30 lbs from not drinking and everyone tells me I look so much better.

All that is to say.. keep it up. Stay strong, check in here or with those who are your support. One day at a time becomes one month and then one year at a time.

I am proud of you Undies!
Old 01-04-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Paul, great to hear! Someone in my IOP had been a runner and started training again during his first 3 months sober. Near the end of that time he ran a half-marathon for charity and that was a huge boost for him. Having a chance to do things we didn't/couldn't do while drinking is a great affirmation and morale booster.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Thanks, I am really looking forward to getting back in shape!

I hope you are all well.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hey guys, checking in for today. On day 4 and have been to three meetings in two days. Trying so hard to keep moving forward. Having a really hard time here but making atleast one good decision a day and that's not to drink. 24 hours at a time.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone. New to this thread. Closing out day six.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Welcome Vona
Old 01-04-2016, 10:57 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Vona

D
Old 01-04-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Welcome Vona!

Imnotalon, 24 hours at a time is always best. Anything longer can feel like Mt. Everest. Manageable chunks are so much better. Sometimes I've felt like a minute at a time was the best I could manage. It truly will get better.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Hi Vona! Welcome!
Old 01-05-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Drake, 1000 days sober is awesome. Thanks for the encouragement!

paul and amp- From a long time runner turned walker I can tell you that running is awesome and a great way to get into shape. I have always felt so much better when engaged in a running workout program and hardly ever get sick. Don't forget to start out slow and gradual!

Welcome Vona!

Congrats on another sober day Michael!
Old 01-05-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Amp - I enjoy hearing your perspective on life. In sobriety you are focused and rational, and I am willing to bet that miracle will continue to blossom as your recovery moves forward.

Stargazer - I think it's awesome that you were able to enjoy that event without focusing on booze. It is freeing to do things you enjoy without worrying about what you can't do. A gratitude list goes a long way for me for focusing on the positive.

WWS - Hi! I'm glad things are going smoothly for you, and delighted with your generosity of sharing your experiences with others.

KIR - There is advice about not making any big changes in life in the first year. My perspective on various matters at 22 months sober is different than it was in the first says, weeks, months of sobriety. This has worked for small stuff as well as big stuff too!! During the first year I didn't know whether I would stay living in my current home or sell it, or whether I'd stay married to my husband. When I didn't know what to do, at the encouragement of other sober people, I didn't do anything. I waited for more be revealed.

Drake - Congrats on 1,000 days!

Vona - Welcome!

Paul - I hope you enjoy your new exercise regimen and maintain that positive momentum.

Michael - The most important miracle, indeed, is staying sober! It's the basis of peace, serenity and joy in my life today.

I came here broken. Best thing I ever did was start choosing sobriety one moment at a time.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good evening, Undies.

Life at the old folks' home is busy, busy, busy. Finally found a few minutes to sit down and catch my breath.

Congrats to all on another 24 hours sober!
Old 01-05-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Another day sober, feels pretty good. Know it's going to get bumpy before smooth sailing. Scared.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

One week today. Rock on!
Old 01-05-2016, 10:53 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

I am kicking weed. I quit drinking years ago. Alcoholism was the most awful thing that has happened in my life. The alcohol forums are hard for me to read because they are so full of pain. I wish I had answers. I wish I could just say, "do this and all will be well." But I know better.

Today, I did not throw away my weed. I am not using enough to even get buzzed, so it is wasted anyway. I have promised myself that I will toss it out if it is not gone by bedtime. So, tomorrow is the same as yesterday - day one.

Edited to add: You all call each other "undies" and I thought at first that this was a group of Australians.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said in other threads, why not consider the throwing out of the weed a declaration of independence - consider the cost an investment in your recovery Silly?

D
Old 01-05-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Is there a class for this month yet?
Old 01-06-2016, 12:26 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Vona,

Hi Silly. Although this is mostly an alcohol group some of us have had issues with drugs as well and TBH, addiction in all its forms leaves us feeling many of the same issues. I agree with Dee, why bother with the weed if you are stopping anyway. Just toss it.

Michael you are doing great sweetie, hang in there, I promise it does get better, though yes, you guessed it right, it is something of a rocky road at the beginning.

I am reading and sending good thoughts to all of you, please feel free to PM me anytime you want
Old 01-06-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hey everybody! (Hug)!
I'm doing good! The only time I get to post is if I'm motivated enough early in the mornings to get up a little earlier.
We have picked up a lot at work so I don't have time to even think about posting and in the evenings I have my family home. I've also started playing guitar so by the time I get home, practice my guitar, cook, clean and put in some clothes, it's time to relax with my family and get ready for bed.
I just commit each and everyday to sobriety and strive to be better than I was the day before. I work on the things I know need changing and as time goes by I can see the changes taking place. I'm making the choices to apply the changes and it is bringing sanity back. Something I've lacked for a very long time. Slowly as I do the right things and work for what I know is the right ways, changes are happening. Finally, finally I am starting to feel like a person again and not some wacko crazy asss lady. Sigh of relief! I know everyday isn't all sunshine and blue skies, but at least I know I can choose the way I react and I can choose how I apply the emotions. That helps me.
Wishing all of you peace and happiness! ((Hug))

160 today <3
Old 01-06-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by SillyHuman View Post
Is there a class for this month yet?
The current month is always in the main Newcomers forum Silly. Latest thread is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-thread-8.html

D