Notices

One Year & Over Part 32

Old 12-18-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Sending you huge hugs FBL.

Very hot and grumpy here. And I had a very difficult night last night ~ an extremely painful situation with my ex. I almost fell apart. I almost did some really stupid stuff because I was so hurt and angry.

But I didn't do anything stupid. What I did instead was to delete every trace of him. Every number. Every email and email address. With my memory, I will probably never forget the number (ggrrrrr) but I hope I will have the courage never to call him again.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags I hope you are feeling less breathless today. I also hope that the drinking thoughts have dissipated.

I see all these adverts for so many drinks that I would historically use Christmas as a special excuse to drink. My AV wants me to drink. I don't, and I won't. I know I have no future with alcohol in any way shape or form.

FG did you wear a Christmas jumper? I'm loving seeing so many people wearing such outrageous jumpers, it seems to have become cool to wear the tackiest Christmas jumpers, and it does make me happy!!

Drake that is such a cool photo, what an amazing experience!

IP safe travels sweetie.

FBL, gosh it doesn't seem a year since your fathers passing, how is your mother doing? Your dad would be so proud of you.

Itchy I to am having waterworks problems, only my problem is a blocked drain in an apartment four floors up. My plumber and the drain clearing guys can't seem to locate the blockage, if they lift up more flooring they may end up in the apartment downstairs!!

Hugs everyone x
Old 12-18-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

(((V))) ! I can almost guarantee that as you get toward my age, the memory is not nearly as good - and that can sometimes be a blessing.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really sorry Venus I think you done the right thing x
Old 12-18-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

I listen to my AV as if we're Married. 38 Years of practice at tuning out...

- 'Yakkity Yak' ~ The Coasters -
Old 12-18-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Do your best

Night Overs
Old 12-18-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Administrator

I use this to annoy my AV.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
instant

The pre-holiday celebrations are in full swing- so much to organise and people to see - I'm invited to many "catch up for drinks" type get togethers- I now have a well worn in strategy of getting there fashionably late and grabbing a soft drink first thing. I'm still amazed that most normal people don't really "drink" whenever they get the opportunity- it's great to wake up this late in December and not to feel the shame
Old 12-19-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning overs
Old 12-19-2015, 03:20 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

VC, glad you played the tape through prior to reacting on resentments. We can only control our side of the street, and, more importantly, resentments take so many people back out. Good show.

(FBL)

Inst, I had that same feeling as I woke up early and productive with a day full of promise...great not to feel guilt, shame and sick all over.

Third holiday season at clean and sober this cycle and I find it pretty easy to limit my exposure to the party crowd. Not so much from fear, but, more-so, that it simply isn't that much fun...just boring.

I got sober to ease the pain, and, today, I stay sober to hold on to this joy. So grateful for that transformation.

Well, off to the gym, haircut and shopping for a dinner I am making for some friends tomorrow during the Steeler game.

Passing grade, Sask?

Carlos
Old 12-19-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thankfully I have no more thoughts of drinking. Sober has become my new normal and I'm so grateful for that.

It's 15F (-9C) here this morning...coldest air we've had in awhile. Looks like a green/brown Christmas this year...and that's fine with me

Have a great Saturday, overs!
Old 12-19-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

when i first got sober, people told me drinking is not a solution

well, it is a solution

just a lousy solution!

it's still that way till this day
Old 12-19-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey VC our posts crossed. Sorry to hear you have had a bad time with the ex, but good on you for not drinking over it. Be strong x
Old 12-19-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Carlos, you get a passing grade in my book any time you post. You always are inspiring!
Old 12-19-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Do your best

Going to take Glen for a walk spk after guys
Old 12-19-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs. Thanks for all the support, I'm fine! Just went through the mill a bit but came on here and talked it out. Thanks

Fbl, a bittersweet moment with memories of you dad.

V hope you're feeling ok!x

I've been wearing Christmas t-shirts, jumpers too hot for me. Good fun! Been Christmas shopping before the madness in the shops. Just about finished.

Hope you all have a good weekend .
Old 12-19-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Venus, sorry about the ex. That's tough. We get so attached to people even when they're bad for us. Because we love them I guess. We love stupidly. Sometimes the brain has to step in. Good for you. Don't let this guy ruin your journey. He doesn't deserve it.

It's still dark out, and I'm afraid to see when it gets light, because it was snowing hard last night.

Okay I peeked. Not so bad....but, my pipes are frozen! I have never had that happen before so I don't really know what to do about it. I texted my landlord. I have the furnace cranked and the fire blazing. Hopefully that will thaw them?

Yeah, it's -27. -17F. My car is not going to start today. I'm trapped.

I'm officially on holiday! Yeehaw!

Old 12-19-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

UPDATE: the pipe s unfroze.

Okay so for anyone who's interested, last week's instalment of my radio show is being rerun today, since I didn't have time to get to it this week. (We put out two issues this week and it was your classic everyday gong-show.) So here's your second chance to listen to the BEST MUSIC SHOW CURRENTLY ON THE RADIOOOOO, HOSTED BY MEEEEEEEE.
Kidding.

But seriously, PM me if you want to hear it. 5 p.m. MST. You can stream it online.

IWLSAST, you may have guessed from my posts that no, I don't have a heater in my car, YET. I've been procrastinating because it hasn't been quite cold enough yet and my model is one of the few, from down south, that has no outlet to put a heater into easily which most Canadian cars are supposed to have. But, my good friend took a circulating heater off of his old vac truck (google that one if you want to learn about oil rig service trucks!) and he's going to instal it on my little Toyota. Hopefully tomorrow!
Old 12-19-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Do your best

Last time I tried I think I had to install something I think I had trouble with fbl's too I saved the msgs with the links to try again soon

My youngest neice & brother are going to visit
Old 12-19-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yay for you InPar x

Evening overs