SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 32 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/379727-one-year-over-part-32-a.html)

feeling-good 11-24-2015 09:16 AM

Just popping in but have to run! Hi everyone :D

FBL 11-24-2015 10:17 AM

Wow, IP...that's COLD!!! We're at about 45F here today, that's ABOVE zero:)

Just one more afternoon at work and then I'm heading back to Minnesota tomorrow for Turkey Day with the family.

Zip, you can't have my actual autograph, but hope this will be an acceptable substitute:

Mags1 11-24-2015 10:45 AM

Evening overs..hi wolfie nice to see you.
Hi feeling-good

I just reacted badly to an email which made me annoyed and wrote one back without rationalising. It was ok, I wasn't rude or anything but nowadays I'm usually a lot calmer. I got myself so churned up I can't eat my tea! It will pass, I'm sure.

Soberwolf 11-24-2015 12:45 PM

:hug: Mags nice to see you too don't be to hard on yourself we all interpret things wrong from time to time nobodys perfect heck I know I'm not but at least we can admit it when a lot of ppl can't

Mags your very awesome to me how about a nice hot bath ?

Soberwolf 11-24-2015 01:08 PM

Hope you feel better Mags

Goodnight Overs

Mags1 11-24-2015 01:29 PM

A hot bath sounds very relaxing Wolfie.
Have a good evening.

venuscat 11-24-2015 02:32 PM

(((Mags))) ♥

I did that the other day by phone...and I left a voice mail and couldn't take it back.
And funnily enough the person I called rang me yesterday by mistake, and I got to apologise. He said I didn't owe him an apology, I hadn't been rude. I was just assertive. Do you think we might be a little too hard on ourselves love? :)

Hope you feel better now.

InPar ~ that sounds reasonable to me. It's sad that he doesn't see his daughter, but that can change. Follow your instincts and enjoy! :) And buy the block heater, -30 sounds TERRIFYING!!

Love to all of the Overs. ♥

Mags1 11-24-2015 07:25 PM

Thanks V, I'm usually pretty nice to people but I was straight to the point I'm ok now, though! I think! Had a problem also, all my life saying No! What am I like!

Dee74 11-24-2015 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by InParticular (Post 5658723)
O
What is a "Rusty"?

:dee
Rusty Zipper, your thread mate of many years LOL :)

D

Itchy 11-25-2015 12:03 AM

Hey overs!
I'm here and fine! Thanks for asking IP. I am kinda caught up with fluffy zippy jammies, hot dates on cold nights and our very own Venus kitty being off probation. Seems like yesterday.

I have been going twelve hours a day getting ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. This year we're getting a new 60-65"4k TV, and a new tablet. I already sold the old tablets and 60" Plasma 1080p TV last month.

Every year I peruse all the stolen and scammed sales before time and then zero in on the best buys. I decided to get a new Surface Pro 3 with i5 and 128GB SSD with Four GB RAM. The Pro 4is more than I will pay now, too new.

So now the TV is all that is left. I know it sounds venal but I have fun with the research and analysis. So I've been meaning to stop in and say his but have been screen eyed blind and so tired I got my tongue stuck in front of my eye teeth and couldn't see what I was saying.

So glad y'all are doin, and fine too. I'm not a jammy kind of guy. My SH likes to wear shorts and sweat shirts and I like my super size heavy weight terry robes that come down to mid shin. Warm as blankets. I do lounge stuff rarely and if I'm going to pretend to be dressed, I'm going to get dressed dagnabbit!

I'll be back more regularly after Cyber (next) Monday.

We have Thanksgiving here Thursday, which is the start of the Thingsgiving season. Immediately followed by the New Year. Time flys when we're sober, but is not lost like drinking, nor are we.

G'Nite overs and overries.

So grats for all and to all a good night!

venuscat 11-25-2015 12:08 AM

I hope you can see me smiling at you Itchy. :) ♥
Gosh I've missed you!
Sell, buy, enjoy, and see you soon. :hug:

Soberwolf 11-25-2015 01:35 AM

Good morning Overs

Mags1 11-25-2015 01:57 AM

Itchy I felt the breeze as you whizzed in. Hope you get your Friday buys ok.

Hiya Wolfie.

FBL 11-25-2015 03:29 AM

I'm gettin' ready to head over to Minnesota for Turkey Day with the family (700 miles round-trip). It's nice that I can leave early and beat the heavy traffic. I'll take Mom out for dinner tonight and then my over to my brother's house tomorrow for the traditional Thanksgiving feast with all the trimmings. I'll find out if my brother shot Bambi this year. He's the hunter in the family. I went deer hunting just one time when I was younger. The only part I enjoyed was the trip to the bar at night:)

I'll be away from SR for a couple of days, so wishing everyone a happy hump-day and beyond!

Dee74 11-25-2015 03:55 AM

Have a good break FBL - and anyone else travelling for Thanksgiving :)

D

Rusty Zipper 11-25-2015 04:37 AM

good one dee!

and fbl, i want the real deal! lol

Saskia 11-25-2015 04:59 AM

Good morning, Overs!

FBL, shooting Bambi? Wow, what sacrilege. :dee

Mags and Venus, I also tend to think I'm being mean when others see it as assertive. That seems to be a very common theme for our half of the species.

Itchy, now that I'm no longer working, I'm having to exercise much greater discretion with my purchases of the latest in gadgets :-(. However, I do think I might get a Note 5 phone this time around.

RZ, I guess you are now "the" rusty :D

Cheers to all and for those in this country, have a delicious turkey day.

:grouphug:

Mags1 11-25-2015 06:07 AM

Have a good trip fbl. And a happy thanksgiving to all celebrating it.

I love gadgets and phones and all the palava. Great stuff.

Soberwolf 11-25-2015 06:41 AM

Happy thanksgiving to all celebrating

Saskia 11-25-2015 06:42 AM

Thanks, Wolfie! Just a quiet one for me :-)