Notices

One Year & Over Part 32

Old 12-15-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Magsie

V and Sassy, make that 3! I read enthralled of the overs day then, puff!, bubble memory and if I go back over the pages I have to remember to copy and paste or puff!

Inpar, it's strange how we note and like the sayings, it's like we recognise we're home amongst friends!

It's only 3.38 am (there's a song in there somewhere) I just got up for a drink of water and the cat has commandeered my knee!
Old 12-16-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Sorry Overs - I have been AWOL!! My ISP (major provider in the UK) has decided to block this website entirely unless I get my housemate to sign up to their online billing system, which he and I are reluctant to do for various reasons.

So, I have popped in here whilst at work, so unfortunately am not sticking around for long...

I just want to say I care for you all so much and I have really missed coming here and reading up on everyone's news.

In other news, all is well with me... still sober, still just trucking along, but will be glad when January is over (busy season for me ).
Old 12-16-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's really appalling F-G. I hope you can find a way out of an ISP that uses such strong-arm tactics.

D
Old 12-16-2015, 01:25 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning overs
Old 12-16-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

FG- good to hear from you again.

Drake, welcome home!

It's raining again...hey, that reminds me of another song

Have a great hump-day, overs!
Old 12-16-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

the big "at'a girl least" and your the most!
Old 12-16-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just saw 2 doves in the tree side by side on the same branch cleaning each other I thought it was awesome to see that

Off out for a bit spk later guys
Old 12-16-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi fg. Hope you get sorted with Internet. Seems a bit bullying tactics your provider is sending. I'm
Old 12-16-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

It's reassuring to hear that I'm not alone with a somewhat leaky memory
Old 12-16-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Uhhh Mags? You okay? Did you drop your phone.
Yesterday was slightly better but I'm still experiencing some real malaise about my job. I think I'm burned out on it--ten months with no break from this job or town. But yesterday I got all my work done for the whole week, so I can turn my brain off for the rest of the week.
They are looking at hiring someone to be my boss who looks like a real jack** d*****bag. He is flashy and a jerk publicly to other media outlets and I am really afraid that my current boss will like that about him. After everything I already put up with at this job: a socially incompetent boss who talks down to me, low pay, etc., not sure I am going to be willing to take orders from some egotist who is only three years older than I am. It might be when I say when.
And...that's okay I suppose. On to other things.
Love the Supertramp FBL. Happy Hump Day!
F-G: how can they block certain sites? That's bizarre. WTF. Do you have some kind of business fairness board you can call or something? That seems not right at all. Can you find another provider? I guess you've probably thought of that....and hey thanks for the nice thoughts, we care about you too FG.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Magsie

Haha Inpar, I was on my phone earlier. Bosses! They're a breed! Some good some not good!
Old 12-16-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening friends
Old 12-16-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Least congratulations on 6 years you are so supportive and caring.

FG, I agree with Dee. If you pm me I can give you an email address so at least we can keep in touch!

IP let's hope reason reigns.

FBL, thanks for the clip, it's forever since I last saw that!

Hugs all xx
Old 12-16-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey All!
Ok priority 1 Congrats Least! Once again I am only 9 months behind you but happy to never catch up with you, in fact I insist on it! For all of the newer member Least is the founder that convinced Dee to get us an over one year thread. Many of the volunteers thought no one sober that long would hang around needing SR or not.

I of course observed all the commiseration to form an over one year thread and group and here we are about six years later and going strong!

Least dear, you and several others here all know that despite not having cravings or resentment, I had the PAWS case from heck for about six months. I remember your pups here and gone, and we shared a lot over the years. I want to thank you for your friendship and understanding all these years both on and off the forums.

I just thought some of you new folks here might want to know that Least was the main driving force to get us started. I would post here anyway just saying things like I have only X number of weeks to post here legally, and they ignored me properly until I was legal. I was the class of September 2010. My only remaining classmate is Doggone Carl, another dog aficionado.

FG that is terrible.! Hope ypou get it resolved soonest.

Toots,
There ya go, first in to help one of us out despite your busy schedule! You are a bulwark here too. Love your posts. And I agree, I forgot how much I like Supertramp.

Hi wehav!

LSC, HI glad you are hanging in there!

Drake have a safe non bumpy flight home!

Instant good luck on the music!

FBL, hey bud! Still too warm here but we are going to get a couple of cold days until the weekend when it goes back up to the 70s! Nice video! I'd not seen the video before. Are you heading over to see your mom for Christmas?

I'm with all the other leaky memories around here Venus. And I had such a neat post for all here that I lost.

Wolf, RZ, Mags dear, I've enjoyed all your posts even RZs briefs. ( The brief posts! )

IP,
Do you realize that you catastrophize a lot, and then find out everything turned out Great/OK/not as bad as feared? I think we have more confidence in your ability to thrive wherever you decide to roost. I just wish you'd give yourself a break.

Speaking of catastrophes, losing a long post was nothing. Saturday our A/C stopped working right, but the heat was fine. We are in taht weird part of the year here where the humidity demands A/C at anything over 75° F, yet needs the furnace at night. This year no furnace at night, the house generated heat and residual keeps it warm inside down to 50 outside.

So Monday I called the A/C folks as it is new and under warranty and he came out and fixed it the next day! Thank goodness this didn't happen when itr was in triple digits earlier this year.

Something weird happened yesterday, the water meter guys were reading the meter but got out and had to pump water out to read it. They left and we thought nothing of it. After every rain it floods a bit there. Then I pumped a double hand full of liquid soap to wash off my hands after working on the lawnmower, and yes, I am mowing grass in December because I had to sow wither rye grass to stabilize the dirt pad of the new house. I noticed something funny. No water was coming out? I called the water company to see if they mistook us for some other address they were cutting off for non payment or something. The lady at Village Water said she would call the meter readers and find out what they did. She called back and said I had a big leak and a broken pipe. So they turned off the water so it would not cost me any more. Well I was fresh out of water and searched the area for where the water leak was and sure enough it was at the meter. the water company sent out a rep who told me they would charge me despite the fact I never used it. He called in the meter and told me it was 200,000 gallons more than the last meter reading. She told the rep that mu bill would around 750.00!!! I called my plumber out who verified that the leak was on my side and fixed it for $150.00. Well I checked and unlike many water companies, they do not have a one time only water forgiveness clause. Man!!!! That was all yesterday, and we are batting .500 as the A/C was fixed and now our entire Christmas budget is threatened. They said they would work with me, and hoping to at least split it, she said they would allow monthly payments. I am having some friends talk to the board members about this and waiting for my homeowner's insurance rep to get back to me about if any of the costs are covered.

Now having said all that, I am ever so grateful my plumber could come out thirty minutes after called and fix it in short order, that I could afford to pay him, and despite my reluctance, we can pay the outrageous water bill too. I know many folks get behind in bills and sometimes have to be cutoff but we are not suffering financially, just a bad break . . . literally!

But that does not mean I'm not going to try and make a settlement all at once now rather than monthly. I'm not angry, don't feel sorry for myself. I am tickled we have water and didn't have to go a day without a shower or drinking water for us and our furkids.

When it rains, it pours.

Y'all have a wonderful humpday!
Old 12-16-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Itch that is such a lovely Tribute to Least *

Well done dear Least , you have helped many people here with your wonderful comments here at some point, Including me .

Big hugs xx
Old 12-16-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Do your best

Least x

Sorry about the water thing Itchy I always have issues with my water company too they keep trying it aswell so far they have replaced a meter and every 6 months I make the same phonecall

Have a nice day today
Old 12-17-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Dee - I know, it's a right pain, but what ya gonna do, eh?

Toots - I'll pm you
Old 12-17-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Today is our annual Christmas dinner with the boss. We'll see how generous he is this year

It was just announced this morning that Cheap Trick, Chicago, Deep Purple, Steve Miller and NWA have been voted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. My boss is one of the lucky few that actually gets a vote each year. I'm really glad to see Cheap Trick, Chicago and Steve Miller make it this year. I've seen Cheap Trick in concert twice and Steve Miller once. Cheap Trick are absolute legends here in the mid-west. I also got to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame back in 2001. I highly recommend it to any music fans.

Have a great Thursday, overs!
Old 12-17-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

hey fbl, could you put a good word in to the boss to add "leslie west/mountain" to the HOF
Old 12-17-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Catching up with you all. Got back last night. I am a bit groggy, slept well but I think I will need to adjust. Philippines is 14 hrs ahead so there is a bit of a difference.

Although I am far from a lover of rock or popular music, I even know Cheap Trick. They were big when I was in college. I worked at a record store which got some of the first of the Live at Budokan LPs, there was a mini riot. Even my kid likes them.

I posted a pic in my profile under "albums" of my whale shark encounter. I know in the posts pics can come out rather large.

It was hard not to drink and get smashed in a land of cheap booze, but I made it.