Notices

One Year & Over Part 32

Old 12-11-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Itchy
Old 12-11-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Thanks Itchy...um, so did you just tell us that you saw aliens!!?? I'm a believer!

Have a great weekend everyone! I am so relieved because after we put out this week's paper I don't have to think about news until after Christmas!! (Not entirely true, we're doing a "Year In Review" issue so I have to compile the year's news, but it's going to be a breeze. I'm excited. I'm so excited about my week off. It's going to go by waaaay to fast.

So anyone who wants to hear my show, PM me. It's still pretty rough! But I think the music is good.

Have a great Friday/Saturday morning.

Oh, SW, I didn't tell the police about that guy because I know they won't do anything about it unless he does something. I did screenshot all the crazy messages he sent me though. Yuck. You just don't know about people.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

It's good you thought to screenshot the messages, just in case IP, but it's awful that someone can just intimidate someone else when things aren't going their way. Do people not take no for an answer any more? Or is it that in this day and age when we can seemingly get anything we want, they actually believe they can force things to be how they want?

Why thank you FBL, you just might have made my day you ol'charmer!

Itchy I don't envy you the yard work, we have had it so wet here for so long, my garden is just spongy and muddy with added dead leaves for variety!

Talking of mowing, sowing, planting and potting, where are you Andy Treerat??
Old 12-12-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Do your best

IP good job taking screenshots x

Hi Toots & Itchy i can't stand dead leaves too as soon as they all fell off our tree that was me getting them up as if Glen does 'business' in the garden & leaves a surprise hidden amongst the leaves I don't want to be picking it up lol

Saying that my neighbours have these overhanging leafy bushes and I'm clearing a small amount of thier leaves they trimmed it down but not enough in my book lol

Yesterday I saw leaves falling really slowly into our garden I actually liked it they were floating down & it looked cool

Raining & grey where I am but I have a smile on my face & love in my heart

Have a great day all
Old 12-12-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hi Overs,

My time up north is drawing to a close. However, 70 degree day and a last hurrah on the golf course with my peeps. Winner gets winter bragging rights...we only play for fun - NOT.

Tonight a step 5 meeting, then, tomorrow I am off to see my amazing granddaughter in the City of Brotherly Love for a couple. She is 11 months and just started walking. I was working for Panasonic in the early 80's when her Mother took her first steps, and yes, I caught that on video. Haha, that recorder had a battery pack the size of a backpack, and the camera was like a tv camera.

Feeling grateful and blessed in sobriety.

Enjoy the weekend, Overs.

Carlos
Old 12-12-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

You guys-n-gals should give IP's radio show a listen. It's a great concept and the host ain't too shabby either

There's a break in the rain here this morning with the heavy stuff forecast for later tonight/tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to get in my extended nature walk today instead of my usual Sunday morning...better get to steppin'!

Have a great Saturday, gang!
Old 12-12-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

G'day Itch , it's lovely to see you too
Old 12-12-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. It is 5:15 AM Saturday morning on the west side of the continent. Couldn't sleep very well so now working on 2nd cup of coffee.
Our two grandsons are sleeping still so this will give me another hour of peace and quiet before they start their morning at a full pace. Henry is 4.5 now and Billy is almost 3. Picked them up at 1 yesterday afternoon. Went for french fries and an ice cream. It was a beautiful day so spent the afternoon at the beach playground.
Of course they wanted to spend the night with papa and grandma. We love our time with them. Exhausting but still love it. Pictures with Santa today with these two monkeys and our brand new grandson. He's only 6 weeks.
Just looked at the date and realized another month of sober living under my belt.
That makes 25. Thank you, I'll take them.... Still have a quite a few to go to make up for the 40 years I spent spilling drinks.
I am very thankful this morning for my life. Its better sober!!
Trusting that you are all doing well and looking forward to the holidays.
I will go out on a limb here and wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy your families, enjoy yourself, and be humble yet proud of your incredible accomplishment. My love to all of you great folks.
Rick
Old 12-12-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Magsie

Afternoon overs. Been shopping and it's chucking it down outside!

Semi final of strictly tonight on tv. Dr. Who is finished now but there's a Christmas special on Christmas Day.

We went out to Doncaster last night for an Indian meal with a group of hubbys work mates, one of them had retired. It was a nice evening.

I've got snowflakes on my Windows! Stick on ones! They look quite festive.

Catch up later.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Do your best

Does both IP & FBL have radio shows I can listen to here in the uk

Were watching a deep film called Mister & Pete seriously good it has Jennifer Hudson as a heroin addicted mum in it but its more about her son Mister & Pete both kids ones a bit older by a year or 2 this film is excellent
Old 12-12-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs! Another beautiful one here :-)
Old 12-12-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your meal sounded lovely Mags & enjoy strictly Mrs sw loves it so I have no choice every year I try to guess what dance they do but so far can only point the waltz & possibly the charleston but Mrs sw is saying that but I'm not sure lol

Have a nice day Mags
Old 12-12-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

FBL, thank you for those kind words! I really appreciate it, as you know, you with your experience and vast knowledge!
This little project of mine has been a cool learning experience so far. Learning about my voice and not being shy. I've always been really shy with talking and speaking up. There were a few years when I was a kid when I could barely talk, if an adult spoke directly to me I would turn away and not speak. I still have a little bit of that in me. So .... I guess I'm proud of myself? To be able to do this is a big growing leap for me. And I love choosing songs to play!

Anyway. It's my Christmas dinner tonight with work. Yay. It's going to be LAAAAME. Ugh. Small talk with my boss and we barely tolerate each other working in different offices, haha. And I'll be the only one not drinking, of course. I plan on ordering elaborate virgin cocktails and dessert, because I'm sick of everyone else getting free drinks and me getting water.

It's 7F. Our highest temp today is going to be 19. Everyone here is pretty much gunning for it to stay like this so we can cruise through a balmy winter. That's what the meteorologists say is going to happen. I feel slightly gypped. (I think that's a racist term, isn't it. Are there any gypsies here? If so, I apologize.) I was looking forward to getting through a big, Northern Winter. I shouldn't speak too soon though, should I? Maybe I'm trying to tempt fate!
Old 12-12-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Do your best

If anyone is interested

The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete (2013) - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 12-12-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Just got back from my day-early nature walk. Saw a bunch of ducks and plenty of squirrels. Also got "attacked" by a rather large puppy-dog that was out for a walk. Actually, the pooch was pretty cute and the young lady walking him wasn't bad either

Rick, thanks for checking in...and congrats on 25 months! I hope those grandsons know how lucky they are.

Wolfie, I don't have my own radio show, but I was a guest on one and also guested on a recent podcast. Check your PMs.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

FBL--didja get her number?

Congrats and hi, from the same neck of the woods-ish, Rick.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Fbl & congrats Rick
Old 12-12-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Do your best

After watching the incredible film that is Mister & Pete were now watching The Walk its by Robert Zemeckis who done Castaway & Flight
Old 12-12-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Snoozer! It's been a while!

IP,
I suspend judgment on some things until I either see for myself, or die and see for myself. So the question/s like is/are there a God, gods, goddesses, and are the strange lights in the sky aliens or super secret air and space craft don't bother me, because I defer judgment until such time I can see for myself. In the meantime they are not my concern. I'm also not an atheist, as that is a choice in faith too. Believing there is no god requires as avid an imagination as believing there is a true understanding and faith that is the one true one, and it just so happens that it is yours. I don't do religion. I don't avoid the subject nor argue with folks that do believe in one. That is their prerogative. Not buying into any of it is mine. I'm an empiricist and an admirer of Spinoza, the old glass grinding Sephardic Jew *** philosopher. I'd read all the books claimed as their own, from all the great religions, and some I like that are not in the mainstream like The B'hai, and the Unitarian Universalists. I then read all the great philosophers and studied them. All this on my own because I wanted to know. I believe that religion is hereditary, you get it from their parents.

All that, to say that, no, I did not say I believe that alien craft are flying around our skies. I believe it is just as likely to be advanced aircraft as aliens. If aliens are visiting we need to ask Trump what kind of wall we need.

IP I loved your show! I had never heard of Django Rinehart until your show and then looked him up. The two songs you closed with were wonderful surprises I'd never heard of either. Streaming suits your show too as I have to concentrate since I know the DJ. You remind me of Allison Steele "The NightBird" in the 60s and 70s. I was growing up in Connecticut yet still the NY City Metropolitan area. She was one of the first women in radio and one of our first progressive music jocks. Anyway I liked looking up the music and can't say I did not thoroughly enjoy every song in your show, despite names that would have put me off even sampling. Nice show and yes I will tune in Saturdays at 6 Central US time for the show before yours and yours. Thanks.

Toots,
I love yard work but this time of year is frustrating because it may not be until spring that it dries up enough for me to mulch bag and burn them all. My yard machines include a 17 horse Sears riding mower yard tractor with two plastic bins that catch the clippings or mulched once leaves by the big zero turn mower.

Toots, I see folks who believe absurdities, and commit atrocities once they do.

Wolf,
YW! I too like having the lawn tractor that acts as a lawn vacuum too, in addition to a big zero turn and my full size tractor. I have 5 acres three of which is used and kept cleared. I have all oaks and in back in the woods a bunch of sweet gum trees which I detest because of their "gumballs."

Carlos,
I sure do remember the early days of camcorders. I got ours, a Sony 8mm, in the mid 80s. It was gigantic too but smaller than the VHS ones. I still have my early tapes. We got a Sony HandyCam tiny one in 91. and all the Hi8 ones from the 90's on during years spent overseas and RVing.

I'm putting them on DVDs one day soon and then transferring to the hard drive. I am going to send both our boys complete sets. Funny we don't watch them at all, and I still have the Hi8 VCR.

FBL,
I just did. We get storms tonight but still T-Shirt weather here too.

Hi Rick,
Congrats on 25 months and Merry Xmas to you too. You've got a little less than a year more than me. I really like the lack of the early drama of early sobriety.

Hi Mags!
Snow would be wonderful but we don't get it except for once or twice every 5 years or so.

Hey Sassy!

Dinner's done, gotta run!
Old 12-12-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hey, Itchy! You are so right about leaving behind the drama of early sobriety. I'm thoroughly enjoying being present and experiencing both the good and bad times.

Dear V, I see you hanging around. How are you doing?