# 262 (permalink)  

congrats on all milestones xxxx
Old 12-10-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks InPar I'm going to phone my brother after work
Old 12-10-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

My dear Toots...congrats on the four digits milestone. My best to you as you press on toward 5, and beyond! I have had great joy and fun with our banter since my return to SR in July 13'.

It was obvious from your first response to my initial Undies post that you were quick with the wit, yet dead serious about recovery from this horrible disease. Your perspective, experience, strength, humor and hope have helped many on your sober journey!

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Well I topped a mountain yesterday and took time to appreciate the view. And guys, it is amazing.
You left me hanging with, "And guys, it is amazing." Details, please...

IP, I must say, you are leading an interesting life. My best to your brother as he assimilates in freedom.

Mags, I can't even imagine you riding a crazy train. I for sure had one foot, at very least, on the down side of the ground when I began this last sober journey.

Itch Man - here I am back at the moving-prep-avoidance. Much like with you with your new home projects, it's progress and not perfection that counts. Today's procrastination cannot last long as a busy next few days approach...and not the least of which a step 5 meeting with my sponsor on Saturday night. Yikes.

Listened to an interesting CD that an AA friend gave me. She gave me a bunch for my ride down to FL. Probs is that I have had quite a few long drives in the interim and she is now digging up a bunch more. I had her address a big pkg and promised her that I would pop them back the day I arrive in florida.

Anyway, this man on the CD says that soon after getting sober he became a bell man in Beverly Hills and was treated rather poorly by a handful of residents. One day a woman drops some bags at his feet and says to bring them upstairs...which he does. After which he stands at the door awaiting a tip as she walks over and closes it in his face. His "alcoholic thinking" instinct was to break the door down and tell her exactly what he thought of her in a very unkind way. However, his recovery told him to simply thank her and be on his way.

He choose the latter...then said, "Do you know what that was that controlled that?" I was lost - no clue. He said that it was the freedom from the bondage of self. I want what he has!

Enjoy the day, O's.

Carlos
Old 12-10-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

IP, I'd love to come visit and have an Overs Christmas :-)

I saw the aurora boreal is when I went to Alaska in 1999. Incredible sight. The one I saw was all green.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

Hiya Snoozy, nice to see you. Hope you're keeping well.

Inpar hope you don't have any uninvited guests! Unless it's us!

Carlos, I like that! ' freedom from the bondage of self'. I hope you get moved ok.

Gonna clear up the tea plates and get a cuppa.

Speak soon.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post

I saw the aurora boreal is when I went to Alaska in 1999. Incredible sight. The one I saw was all green.
You have done something on my bucket list I would to see that from Alaska me & mrs sw will visit Alaska soon enough
Old 12-10-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tea sounds lovely Mags x
Old 12-10-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post

I would love to see those lights Mags, and I would love to come for Christmas InPar....'A Very Over Christmas'. Sounds wonderful!

Love to all of the Overs. ♥
Old 12-11-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

IP, the Aurora Borealis has been seen further south than Dundee before now but I have still never seen them! It is something I really want to see, so I do envy you! Though I don't think I'd want to live in your cold climate just to see them.

I am a little sad that I have had to use the 'ignore' option on SR. This is the first time in my years here, but having received a pretty nasty personal message out of the blue I felt I had no option. From now on I will no longer see anything that person writes. I have no malice toward them, but I was upset at the time. It kinda took the shine off the buzz I had felt at getting 1000 days under my belt.

But then as I am a glass half full ( of fizzy water of course!) I figured if I only annoy one person enough to write me a personal insult among all the people forced to read my inane ramblings every day, I'm really not doing too bad.

Wolfie how's your brother doing? I hope he is talking to someone about his feelings over what happens and not internalising it. How are you feeling about it? You must worry over how it will affect him. I am glad you have Mrs Wolfie at your side.

Hugs all x
Old 12-11-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Re-Member

IP, Yes when we did Alaska by RV for 9 months in 1999. Just the green ribbon nothing much, the understatement of it a grandeur in the presence alone.

Grats Toots! 1000 is a nice number, a millennium of days, your personal sobriety epoch. Sorry you got a negative PM. Anonymity is like power. Too much goes to the head, and out of the mouth.

Carlos,
Yep I've been doing all my tech toys sorting and dusting and testing for selling next week. I have two full systems to load up with data and programs to be able to wipe the ones they replace for sale. Did a lot of mowing as the soil around the house needed soil stabilization and I sowed winter rye grass. In spring I'll use a tractor rake and plant contractor mix, and it will all be in good shape by end of next summer. I've been doing temporary walkways with our pavers from the previous walkway. My back can't take too much at once.

Snooze! Great to see ya!

Drake,
Sounds like you're having much fun down in the one part of the world I've not been.

Hey all I'm exhausted so a blanket Hi to all the overs, and my hope all get over, under, around, and eventually on top of, it, whatever it might be.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Do your best

Rest well Itchy
Old 12-11-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

More warm weather today with a high of 50F.

Have a great Friday, overs!
Old 12-11-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

What the heck FBL you're losing the Cold Weather Battle without even a fight. -8 here. (18F). This is kind of weird but I actually find the cold sort of fun, in a way. That makes me weird, doesn't it? Well I've been in a very mild climate for a decade, it's a novelty still. And it's going to get a lot colder. Talk to me in February.
My landlord is extending my chimney on Sunday, to try to fix the smoke problem. The vent did NOT fix it. So I'm not using the fireplace which is a waste of money. I really hope this solves it but I'm not feeling too hopeful.
So, I applied for a promotion. I did it because I though hey why not, but now that I've applied for it I really want it. It's a good opportunity. I have no idea when they're going to tell me if I got it or not.
Hey thanks guys for filling me in about those weird sounds I heard on my phone. I did research about it and I knew that it was just interference, but it is good to hear it from people I know. Because, to be honest it did sort of freak me out. My imagination loves to latch on to stuff like that.
I'm starting to feel safe again here, after what happened with that scary stalker guy. I don't even know if I mentioned it on here, about a guy I went on one date with, who got weird and abusive when I rejected him. I felt nervous out here after that, but I'm starting to feel secure again thank goodness. I was angry at him for taking my feeling of security away. This town is too small.
I'm finished with dating. I broke up with that guy I was seeing for a bit there, he didn't take it very well. Just forget it.
Radio show #3 is almost done. I keep having dreams about it, really specific dreams where everyone hates my show. Isn't that terrible? My brain frustrates me. Why can't I just enjoy it? I have to worry and stress about it, even if it's just in my sleep. Argh.
I saw the northern lights a couple months ago with my friend, we were out in the middle of nowhere driving, and they were amazing, dancing all over the sky. It was unreal and awe-inspiring.

Have a wonderful day everyone, stay warm/cool!

Old 12-11-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Do your best

I didn't know that IP xx go to the police & document it what's the guys problem he needs to be put in the bin upside down Congrats on your radio shows I love them well I will when I hear them I used to do pirate radio

Have a great day IP

Going to hang the washing out
Old 12-11-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

(((IP))), take good care of yourself! Happy to hear you are going for the promotion :-)

Itchy, yes, I saw "only" the green ribbons but thought they were simply beautiful.

Wolfie, how is your brother doing?

Good morning to all the Overs!
Old 12-11-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

(((IP))) I'm glad you are beginning to feel safe again, it is awful when someone violates somewhere you previously felt safe. as for the Radio show I think our insecurities rise up in our subconscious thoughts and into our dreams. Don't let them cloud your waking thoughts, keep reassuring yourself that you are doing a great job. - and pm me the link to your show please!
Old 12-11-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

IP, the "cold war" is one I'd gladly lose...they are forecasting near 60F with 2 inches of rain on Sunday (if that fell as snow, it'd be almost 2 FEET)! As for the radio show, I think I shared my thoughts with you already. Just remember to have fun with it and you'll be fine

Toots, sorry you got some negativity on SR. I was ever-so-slightly involved with some drama here about a year and a half ago, so I can understand how you feel. I don't know how anyone could get mad at a sweetheart like you

Oh well, better get back to work now.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Do your best

M brother is doing well Saskia considering

He knows it wasn't anything he did or didn't do I might see him tomorrow x

Just bk in from the Dr and it wasn't my Dr but he was kind I explained why I was there & he said we can up the dose of medication as it was a low dose trial (as its a new anti depressant/anxiety) I said no need for increase this low dose suits me just fine

Just had a bath I'm on dinner duties & tonight its spaghetti bolognaise we bought proper parmesan parmigiano reggiano and fresh mozzarella & basil I prepped everything earlier so not much to do

just having a cuppa
Old 12-11-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Re-Member

No prob IP! Glad you have your head screwed on. Now all you have to do is get into the serenity prayer. Live it, don't just read it. Don't make it conditional based on fears of the future. You have no control over how others receive your work. If they love it you may feel validated but success does not teach. Better to know and then get feedback. You have control over the amount of time you put into it, and you have control over any changes you make based on positive or negative feedback. That you control. How others react or respond, nope not even a little bit. I used to have trouble in my first few years of sobriety when I realized my can do attitude and vast knowledge under the influence were misperceptions. That is why we call it under the influence. Turns out I am only "half vast" after all. I would drink to mask my insecurities and feel omnipotent. I was daunted when I realized I had a lot of rearranging of "stuff" I'd done, and sobriety demanded I also rearrange the stuff I thought, and how I looked at things.
"When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change."

Hey FBL! We usually have a hard freeze here by now. Same unusually warm weather here too for mid December! Go here and look at the seven day forecast for here. My air conditioner is going full blast as it is sunny too. Go here:
7 Day Forecast - KTBS.com - Shreveport, LA News, Weather and Sports

Wolf,
Glad to hear your brother is handling his grief well. It hurts no matter what we say or think to one grieving. All we can do is stand by, and offer a hug when needed not suggestions on how to get over it.

Sassy,
Nothing quite touches that heavenly experience except for the silent flashing and rotating lights we all saw one night over Colorado Springs Colorado back in winter of 78/79. We did not have a camera or camcorder with us yet. No one really did cell phones yet. Or personal computers. Was it aliens/UFO/military ? Beats me, but one thing I am sure of, it was spellbinding until it disappeared in place just over us, again, silently.

I am procrastinating but really need to get out and power mow the leaves all over the yard and burn them today. That is three of my acres to mow over. I will be doing it all day and burning half the night. Then I am procrastinating on my computers to transfer data from them to our two new ones and then factory restore (wipe) both and do all the Windows updates again for hours. I have them working and cleaned out and updated and programs loaded. Just have to copy and transfer data and favorites that kind of thing.

Yardwork

Inside work:

I'm going to take my own advice and deal with priorities I may not be able to mow tomorrow and I need to get my three 5 gallon gas tanks filled with fuel. At least the price is down.