Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 2

Old 11-15-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
Hang in there everyone. Dare to do something different. You have to change the way things were to be who you are without alcohol. You can't live the old life trying to be a new you. Read my blog. It all begins and ends with you.
Have a good sober Sunday! I'm heading to church in a bit!
What is your blog?
Old 11-15-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning. Let's try to conquer this Sunday and have great start to our work week on Monday.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
I must find a way to handle unexpected events. I must be strong enough to get through things that I haven't planned for.
I would also love to hear some advice on handling unexpected events. I tend to relapse every time that an emergency happens
Old 11-15-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday!
Patricia and Kiki- I'm so sorry you both are struggling. I'm glad you're talking with your medical doctor. If you have always had depression and panic attacks you need to get that house cleaned too!
Anyway, checking in on day 7. Doing ok. Friday night when my son came home with some mediocre test scores and tons of homework, after being away from school for 3 days due to weather/travel issues, I really wanted to drink. I was angry at my husband because I trusted him to get my son prepared and get the work done, but they came home from the trip with it all half assed! Boy was I mad. I looked at my husband and told him that I was really considering going to the store and getting a bottle of wine. I asked him to please take care of it and I step aside and tried deep breathing and prayers. I made it, and an hour later the craving was gone. Yesterday was a beach day with the kids and girlfriends. I didn't bring my little bottles of wine that make it soooo much fun, but it was still nice! When we went to dinner I automatically wanted to relax with a glass of wine, but ordered sparkling water. I could see my husband smile inside. (I kinda choked on my order...lol). So the net I have got out of the weekend so far is that habit is a big part of our fight and making new habits may take awhile, but we can, and should, incorporate nice healthy habits. Stress is a b***** and that one can easily cause you to want a drink in a serious way. I feel depressed in the afternoon/evening when I would normally drink, and short tempered. Does anybody else feel very short tempered with everybody?
One day at a time....or One hour at a time. I'm just praying for another sober day. Another positive....not having a hangover is priceless!!!!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I pray for all those who are having a hard time staying sober. Just remember there is hope, just don't give up. Your AV wants you to give up, let's not let it win!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 15

Good morning!

Its been a crazy roller coaster of emotions lately about 70% down and 30 % ups.The ups make it all worth it,like hanging out with my daughter(13yrs old),going to the mall,videogames,munchies,watching the fights,nature hike and being fully present.The downs...well we all know about those.

I found not drinking caffeine on a empty stomach helps the agitation, anxiousness and overall focus.But i will not give up coffee!(lol).

Todays plan is still keep it simple and just breathe.Do some urge surfin and ride those big waves out!

May the day be ours!Cheers
Old 11-15-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
My plan didn't work. I couldn't make it through the weekend. It is not an excuse but here's why it happened: I have lived in Paris several years and have many friends, exes and colleagues there. I was in complete chock. I don't live in Paris at the moment but there were people I needed to get in touch with and people from my past called me and were worried. Some of the shootings happened in my old neighbourhood. I used to go out there with my friends and what I then considered to be the "love of my life". Maybe I still do. I didn't know if any of them was ok. Some of the friends who contacted me I have cut off during my years drinking, and now I had to face to talk to them and explain myself. Some thought I was living in Paris. I felt crushed over the incident and ashamed how I treated my old friends. I bought beers. I drank them. My friends are safe, as far as I know by now. Maybe I used it as an excuse, I don't know. But I am quite sure I would have made it through without this tragedy. Just goes to show how I react in stressed situations. I was so proud it was going to be day 20 on monday, but it isn't. I'm starting over. Hope the rest of you were stronger this weekend!
It's ok Dallow. Don't beat yourself up. You are trying your best. I handle stress the same way you do but am working on finding some healthier methods. We can do this. (Hug)
Old 11-15-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Checking in. Woke up feeling panicked but don't know why. I think I will just sleep some more. That seems to be the only time I don't feel anxious, panicky or have a craving.

I seriously have a fear of everything triggering me right now! I just want to stay locked in my house. What a sad life.

Friday I was thinking "hmmm...maybe I should get drunk, drive to the police station, tell them I drove drunk & beg them to put me in jail for a while so I CAN'T drink when I have a craving!"

I know...desperate & pathetic.

Not giving up.

Patricia...how is your anxiety?
Old 11-15-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day seven...and present.
No alcohol-driven arguments this weekend - which is great. We raked up 43 BIG bags of leaves - awesome family time.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi, All. Some have asked about what to do when a crisis or emergency hits, some situation that you weren't prepared for. It has helped me to stop for a second and recognize what is happening and how I feel. Play the tape through as I do with any craving. Usually talking to someone and venting a little helps too. As Dee said, ask yourself if drinking would make the situation better. Will it numb you? Absolutely. But you will come out of that stupor with a hangover, guilt, anxiety, etc. It's not worth it, and that's why we're here.

Stay strong, everyone. No alcohol for me today.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning. I woke up at 4:30am and the anxiety started to escalate until 7 when I finally got up. I tried breathing exercises, tried to go back to sleep, but I only managed to doze off for a few minutes.

It wasn't as bad as yesterday though. I only had two small cups of coffee (I'm cutting down). And by mid morning I managed to eat a toast.

Just a small improvement, I hope it gets better...
Old 11-15-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Back again

Day 1. Again. Every time I think I have it under control I mess up again. My marriage in shambles and it's bc I have an addiction problem. I've been trying to solve it for so long now I feel like I'll never get a handle on it. It's so hard and I just get so tired of working so hard. I'm at my wits end and I just wish I could fix it. I just continuously make poor choices and then feel like I'm wasting my days starting over. It never feels like it gets easier. Just harder. I don't know what to do anymore.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I've been saying I'll get sober for almost a year now. I feel like I'm always delaying my sobriety but it's really me just being a drunk/druggie. Do it now! It's gonna suck but it will get better. You know that 😘😘
Old 11-15-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to everyone getting through the weekend & wishing everyone a good week ahead if your a friend of mine & want to see some of the things sobriety has brought me there's some photos on my profile if you want to check them out
Old 11-15-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi Strangeangel. Welcome! I'm glad you are with us

Have you checked out the sticky on sobriety plans?:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

It helps me to establish goals for sobriety. What do I want from a sober life? It sounds like there are many parts of your life that are in shambles because of your drinking. If you were to quit, what would you be able to accomplish what you haven't been able to while drinking? Focus on that. When the cravings hit, keep that at the forefront.

Take care!
Old 11-15-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 16. Yet another sober weekend done.
Starting a diet tomorrow to get back in shape. Since I stopped drinking my bad eating habits have spiralled out of control. I know chocolate is probably better than wine, but my waistline is growing by hour!
Old 11-15-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Monday morning checkin.....Day7 and made it thru the weekend. Could have drank last nite but wanted to be here more. Later the ph rang, family member needed some assist......I was able to get the car out and drive out there......wouldn't have happened prior

First weekend down.....slept through last night for the first time. Compared to how I felt physically this time last week...didn't make work which is unusual for me. But still early days....but right now this feels great.

Okay,

Dallow.....that must have been bad for you. I'm sorry, but pick yourself up...you can do it.

Keepinitreal....7 days congrats, doesn't read like its easy for you either...congrats on a week too Tootsie

Kiki and Patricia......everyone here is wishing you all the best as you pull through

Hi strangeangel.....hang out here, okay?

Have a safesober day everybody, thanks for support and I'll chk back tonite
Old 11-15-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey all
Had a tough go keepin it together last night and I stumbled ... I have to be even more vigilant... I set myself up for failure by putting myself in a place where people were drinking and that was really dumb.. I am not goin to dwell on this cause that won't help anything I just want to feel how I did yesterday morning ... Today would have been 2 weeks. I just want to put this out into the universe, I'm scared but I'm f****n' serious about getting better ..
Old 11-15-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Supertired, I'm right there with you. I feel like it's freaking groundhogs day every week! Getting on track and then falling off again. I'm getting right back up each time, and praying this is the last time I stumble. Good luck.

In other news, I stopped feeling sorry for myself a few hours ago and am getting my butt on track. Currently doing detox foot bath, followed by a trip to whole foods for juice and teas, and then getting a massage. I'm going to kick addictions butt this week! Day 1, again! Must. Think. Positively.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey strangeangel
Groundhog Day is right ... Haha unbelievable. ..
Felt totally dejected this morning but I'm rallying and I'm gonna come back at it with everything I got.. Had a taste of how good it felt to be sober and I want it BAD