Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 4

Old 11-09-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Dee I would like to stay in this group as I have got to know most of the gang here. Technically I should move to November class right?
Old 11-09-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

and JUNO!!!!!! FAB 30 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep going ....
Old 11-09-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sydney, you can stay where you want. this is your home group...you're welcome here...we don't make you leave because you're human.
Be in whatever class you want..do both...heck I do a lot of them! I poke in, introduce myself, read up, get involved, and away we go! Lol
Old 11-09-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thanks Key.. your are doing so good!!
Old 11-09-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Syd,

I still pop into one of my old classes as its still going strong and a lot of, I suppose, bonding was done. I hope you stay as the deeper the level of connection the more helpful it is I feel.

Juno,

Well done. I can sense something different, more determined, in you this time.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are no rules Sydney - I think you'd get a lot out of the November thread as well as this one, but it's up to you and where you feel comfortable

D
Old 11-09-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 28: Just checking in. Nothing too notable happening one way or the other. This is the time when I have to be especially cautious of boredom; can't let myself be unoccupied for too long or my mind starts to wander back to old, easy habits. Looking for something novel to start today, but struggling to find it.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Strong stay strong, a slip can be so easy and you areback at square 1.. Made 32 days and back on Day 3.. Sober is grand !
Old 11-09-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

This group has helped me a lot - and this site in general. I'm so glad I made it this far after a series of lapses starting in September. I think that if you keep trying, one of these days - it sticks. That's what I'm hoping, anyway!

I had a pretty good day but a difficult evening. My kids have made it difficult (2 out of 3 of them). However, whereas I used to run to the wine store for help, I'm just taking an Advil for my headache, putting on comfy clothes and trying to relax at home. I realize that drinking because I had a bad day was like punishing myself for having a bad day. I don't want to do that anymore.

So all day I was thinking of a good "reward" for getting to 30 days - in the end I decided to order an inexpensive necklace with an engraved charm with roman numerals X.XI.MMXV - Oct. 11, 2015. It only cost $20 - about the same price as a bottle of wine! I used to try to buy $15 bottles because I knew it was just going to end up in the toilet one way or another. Sorry to be gross.

Anyway, will catch up on posts here and try to relax now that the Monday is nearly done.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Sydneyman, I hope you stay with us!
Old 11-09-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

That's s nice way to celebrate! Sound great Juno!
Old 11-09-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
Dee I would like to stay in this group as I have got to know most of the gang here. Technically I should move to November class right?
Sydneyman, I know your question has already been answered, but I just wanted to put my two cents in. I want you to stay!!! It's really nice having you here. I enjoy your posts, and I get a lot out of them. Thanks for being here : )
Old 11-09-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey all,Juno,I love what you said about not punishing yourself by drinking over a hard day😊 too true,funny how the AV convinces us that booze will make us feel better, yeah right!I'm still coasting along,have allergies really bad today so other than not being able to breathe and sneezing my butt off,I'm fine,have a good one everyone😊
Old 11-09-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

This morning I was relieved that today is the birthday of a girl I work with. She gave me a bottle of wine for my birthday last month, and for the last month it has been sitting on my counter waiting for me to re-gift it to her. I couldn't wait to get it off my counter (not by drinking it)! So I wrapped it up this morning and took it into work and was like there, that's done. But at the end of the work day she said, "alright ladies, let's share this tomorrow night after work". No! I wanted today to be the end of story for that damn bottle. So tomorrow I've either got to come up with an excuse to leave early (that just delays the inevitable, I'm going to address my not drinking with them at some point) or finally talk about my not drinking with them. I didn't say anything when she said that today. I figured I could use a day to think about what it is I want to say. I know when it comes down to it, it's not that big of a deal to just say no, but it still makes me uncomfortable. I think it's hard for me because I'm really close with the girls I work with, and they looove to drink. So, putting this out there in a post to clear room in my head for what it is I want to say.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

That's so tough, Grizzly - I used to drink with my co-workers on occasion. There was one night in particular where we got out of control (especially me). I shudder when I think about it. Lately I have been avoiding situations with them involving alcohol such as Happy Hours. It's easy for me to avoid those situations because I'm a Mom and I always have some excuse because of my kids. The only thing I'm a little worried about is when we have the 3 day meeting at a hotel/conference center where the wine and drinks will be flowing. Fortunately I've got a few months to gear up for that. Maybe for tomorrow, just plan to slip away quietly and say something came up?
Old 11-09-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Grizzly,I always like the"can't,im on antibiotics" excuse😊or an upset tummy,if you don't feel like going into detail about your quit right now
Old 11-09-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Wow ,, you arenot getting rid of me now.. !!!!You are all so nice welcoming and its the October group I started with so I will stick in this forum. We are here to support each other through our journeys right. Well I had a slip but back on again..
Grizzly.. What I say re not drinking is that I am on a health kick and want to go without booze for a while..that usually suffices..

Great to see all hanging in there!!!!
Old 11-09-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi I 'm on Day 17

So I guess I'm in this class? (I finally figured out what all these groups "Class of" means after a week of being on here...I'm so dense..lol). I've found so much support at SR --- I've been going through anxiety hell, but I'm not giving up this time.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
There are no hard and fast rules Sydney, so post where you feel most comfortable. Whatever you decide to do be sure to continue posting here whenever you have time.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DobieGirl09 View Post
Now I'm concerned for next weekend when my husband is away. It's my birthday on Saturday, and I'm afraid I'm going to use that as an excuse to drink and reduce this horrible breathing thing. Ugh...
If you put a plan in place you should be OK Dobie. When I've been in these types of situations the last few weeks, I've found it helpful to remind myself days in advance that drinking was not an option, no excuses, period.

Regarding your anxiety, do you exercise at all? If you don't, just walking 30 minutes a day should help. I also recommend Mindful meditation. I don't suffer from severe anxiety, but until I started my meditation practices, I always had an underlying feeling of mild anxiety in the middle of my chest. It went away after a few weeks of daily Mindful meditation.

As a mother, I'm sure you're very busy, but you may want to consider taking some serious time for yourself and addressing the anxiety issues head-on.

Five Steps to Mindfulness - Mindful