Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 4

Old 12-05-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Griz,

Great minds and all that regarding the movie watching.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Juno,

Love the avatar. I still love Christmas.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Had a big thing type yesterday then got busy and didn't get to post. I'll work on it again this morning! ((Hug))! Have a wonderful Saturday!
Old 12-05-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

Sydneyman, what a nice evening you had. So glad you got to enjoy a great play, nice restaurant and some oysters. It's wonderful that you can have a nice night out without alcohol. In reality, a few drinks would have possibly ruined that night and now you get to remember the whole evening clear headed!

Midton, good going getting through those cravings. Chocolate and marshmellows sounds delicious. You would get along well with my youngest son who loves marshmellows! Good that you had a nice little movie marathon for yourself.

KeyofC - I look forward to your update!

Grizzly, please let me know if you liked the movie Krampus. I asked my two boys, ages 12 and 14 if they wanted to see it. They don't generally like horror movies, but this had a PG 13 rating and looked more like a family film. And they liked Goosebumps with Jack Black which came out in September, so figured I'd ask. My 14 year old showed no interest - he's holding out for the new Star Wars at this point. My 12 year old said, "That movie looks stupid. It looks like it's starting out as a Christmas comedy, then something happens and it turns into a horror movie." So I guess we won't be seeing that one.

Me, I watched the latest episode of "The Affair." Does anyone watch this? Wow, it's just so good. It's kind of like an artsy, racy soap opera. I can't get enough of it. I watched the whole first season on DVD this past August and now I'm taping the new episodes on Showtime. This week's episode was sooooooo good. I'm so glad I'm sober and able to enjoy and remember everything - this stuff is too good!

So today I have a huge list of things to do on a Saturday - trying not to get too stressed and go down the list one by one and get things done. In the past I have been know to drink on Sunday nights after busy and stressful weekends so I've got to be cognizant of that. First thing on the agenda today is yoga, so that is something for me and not anyone else. I need to throw in more stuff like that so I don't get stressed.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-05-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Hey all,trying to get stuff done on my list too without getting overwhelmed, first thing is cleaning my messy room! I've got clothes,wrapping paper,etc all around and its interfering with the peaceful vibe I'm going for,yesterday was hard anxiety wiseand the AV was ttrying to talk,meh,did stuff to distract myself,ate like a piga,finally took a nap,it is getting easier but still comes around, am I doing anything in replace of drinking? I guess just living life,being present, showing up to work,paying bills,I haven't taken on new hobbies or anything, there's probably a lot of things I should be doing but for now I'm doing what I can,Midton,I'm jealous of your Saturday nights! Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday😊
Old 12-05-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

One thing I remembered I typed yesterday was:
((Winslow)) I'm glad you stayed. We all are different. Things won't work the same for everyone. If you needed to leave we would understand, but we are so glad you didn't.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Sydneyman, that sounds like a great day! All of that sounds so nice : ) Isn't it amazing what all we can fit into a Saturday when we don't start the day by drinking!
Midton, I'm going to be doing the same thing as you for my Saturday night. I love movie marathons and junk food! I'm going to be having two extra kids at my house tonight, so I'm going to take them to rent movies and we'll have a nice chill night at home. They will probably rent video games, and I'll go for my usual cheesy scary movies.
Juno, Krampus was better than expected! I kept calling it Krumpus even after I realized it's Krampus because it sounds funny to me. Your kiddo's assessment of it is right on. It's starts off as funny then turns to suspense/scary (it really isn't scary at all), but it stays funny- kind of like the recent remake of Poltergeist. We left the movie theatre pleasantly surprised.
I have quite a bit to fit in before my son's friends come over this evening, but I'm not anxious about it like I used to be. I used to be annoyed when their mom would drop them off because she would stay for awhile and it really interfered with my drinking time. And I would worry if she could tell how drunk I was. Today I don't have to be worried about all that. When she asked if they could come over, I just said, "yep, come on!"
Old 12-05-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

You are all doing fine, we are all doing fine!
Sunday morning here, as suspected my sleep in was until 6 am when Bruno jumped on the bed and wanted to be fed..Drives me insane sometimes but adore him.
Another hot day due today so after my morning coffee I will go for my walk. Continue pottering the garden and getting it in order. Have to get my swim in today as well may do that later this afternoon once the tourists leave the beach.
Midton- Yes as a matter of fact my partner made himself a second Vodka tonic last night and he couldn't finish it so half of it is in the fridge!!!!!!!!How can you drink like that???.. I would have just skulled it or most likely had it during the night instead of water in the bad old days.. Yes we are wired totally differently.
Winslow- it was actually a day thing a matinee. I was just curious if you doing something different.
I just added walking, I have always liked walking but walking and being hangover is not fun or pleasurable.
Saw photos from our work xmas party on facebook. Cant wait to hear the stories tomorrow. There are always bound to be stories.. Glad I am not part of the story!!
OK going for my walk and starting with the day. Enjoy the rest of the weekend people and speak again soon.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I do love my walks too Midton😊i can get a lot of negative thoughts out of my head while walking,plus new ideas spring into my head,I guess its killing two birds with one stone,exercise and meditation at once😊been lazy about it lately though, I'm a morning walker and like 10,000 steps before work,but since sleeps been wonky,I've been putting off walking,fitbit probably thinks I'm dead haha,need to definitely get back at it,I've gained 2 pounds! Sounds like everyone is doing well, that makes me happy😊
Old 12-05-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

I used to be a big walker too. Haven't done much recently due to the weather. Nothing clears your head, relaxes you and puts you in a fine mood like a quiet walk in nature.

Sometimes I use an app called "map my walk" but that can bring out my competitive spirit and reduce the relaxation.

Whenever I go somewhere I love getting out of the hotel and going for a walk to see what I can discover.

Yip, I'll have to start walking more again.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Midton i got the map my walk app.. Its a good motivator and I love how the english lady voice says the distance and speed after each km..
Im lazing in bed and on my iphone and on here..
Got walkinga nd swimming done this morning. Beach was packed with kids but we found a good spot and dove i . Divine.. Love the ocean and it just clear everything in your head. I love the smell of salt water on my skin..
Got things done in the garden sort of, actually moved it to the other side which means it has to be moved back eventually. Anyway looks tidy as I am
Doing a BBQ dinner for us tonight..also got Bruno washed. He likes to be shampoooed in pet shampoo and water.. I do it twice a year and keeps him clean as he roams the streets!!!
Supermarket later in the afternoon .. Love Sundays as I dont have to do anything more today, weather is perfect and I am sober and loving it..
Just thought that I haven been counting days for a while.. I think its day 13,.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Good morning! Like Winslow, I spent a lot of the day yesterday cleaning the house. Tons of laundry, dishes, trash, etc. As my Mom is laid up for her surgery, I didn't have any help all week. Since I have to work and take care of the kids, there isn't much time left for the house hold stuff. Which is where my Mom helps a lot. When I don't have her, I'm frantic working all the time which is what happened this week. This weekend isn't very relaxing. I have to do more laundry today, order some more Christmas gifts online, catch up on actual work, and do some more shopping/errands. It's hard being a mostly single Mom!!

I did however make it to yoga yesterday and will try again today.

I have not thought about drinking much at all lately. The meds from my psychiatrist seem to be doing what they're supposed to be doing. I have been using my anti-anxiety med sparingly as well and it's helping. What I am most worried about right now is weight gain. I'm not gaining rapidly but slowly over time and I don't know why. I'm thinking of starting a new diet/exercise plan on 1/1/2016 (no sense shaking everything up right now when I'm already crazed).

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. It's before 8:00 am here so I'll take my dog for his first walk of the day
Old 12-06-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Hello friends, tried to take a walk this morning but it is just too cold for me,I know its silly cuz I live in the desert,I think its 45 degrees right now which isn't that cold but for me it is,gonna take hubs for breakfast for an early birthday present and for some alone time,hope everyone has a lovely day
Old 12-06-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Monday morning and getting ready for work. Weekend was good and now another working week ahead of me. Nothing much to report. Been for my morning walk and saw cruise ships entering the harbour. Great view. Thursday is our work departmental xmas lunch and also my blood tests are due back to me this week. Apart from that nothing special is on this week for me. Finishing up the garden on the coming weekend and nothing else is planned.
Stay sober I intend to!
Old 12-06-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Winslow, I know what you mean! I also live in the desert. It was 62 when I left to run this afternoon, and I considered taking a jacket!
It has been a really nice, productive weekend for me. Yesterday I did some cleaning, bought some poinsettias, and had a cinnamon candle burning, and my house felt so nice and cozy. This morning I was up and at 'em doing laundry and more tidying. I decided to run outside today, and I'm so glad I did. It seems kind of silly, but since I was sick early last month, I've really had anxiety about running outside. This was only my second time in a month running outside and all the other times have been on my treadmill. I really had to psyche myself up and tell myself to be brave and run outside, surely it wouldn't be that bad. It was great! It went so much better than expected. It helped me realize that even though I doubt myself at times, I am stronger than I think I am.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Hey you guys. I have been doing some soul searching as of late. I am seven weeks sober and couldn't have done it without this class and each and every one of you. This is the longest I've gone without a drink in 15 years, and I feel great. I have no more cravings and no plans to drink, but I feel it is time for me to move on. My whole focus over this last 7 weeks has been to not drink, and I have allowed being a recovering alcoholic to define who I am. It's time for me to close this chapter so that I am able to move forward and achieve the next goal in my life. This will be my last post for some time. I do not want you guys to worry about me, I am in a great place, and you guys will be the first to know if I begin to crave again. I will check in from time to time to let you know how I'm doing but I feel I just need to take a break from SR for now. Today I delete my sobriety app from my phone and emerge as a new person, with a new better life for myself and my family. I apologize to you guys for stepping away, as I am sure you have grown to rely on me as I much as I rely on you. I hope you all understand, as I feel I really need to do this. Good luck to all of you and thanks again for my new lease on life, I am forever grateful!
Old 12-06-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Goodbye looking. Its your choice of course but I will miss you. Please report in now and then.
Ok guys we are really only a few left here.. Still at work so will post later or tomorrow morning
Old 12-06-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best of luck looking - just know the doors always open if you want to drop back in, or if things ever get challenging again

D
Old 12-06-2015, 11:01 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Yeah, good luck looking.

Well, today is exactly 3 months. I'm doing fine, feeling meh, but it is a Monday. There have been so many improvements some of which I'm beginning to take for granted. I know I have to be really careful and I've still got mad, deep desire a few times a week.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations again Midton

D