Administrator

Welcome back HelpI'malive

D
Old 11-15-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Congrats Time2!! Good for you!
Old 11-15-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Midton, it's great you're getting checked out. I have high blood pressure and whacked out cholesterol and I'm only 43. I take meds. Mine is hereditary. I do try to improve it by doing better with choices, but with me, mine will never go away. It upsets me when people say it's not hereditary and I can change it. My doctor told me this and I highly doubt they are in the business to lie to me. Anyway, it's something you can help yourself or with prescription, in my case both. Some people can get better by life choices. Either way, long story short, glad you're getting checked out!
(Hug)!
Old 11-15-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hey all,Time great job on 6 weeks!and great job on no cigs😁did you quit cold turkey? I've been wrestling with quitting, I'm soooo over smoking, yet here I go again and again,Midtown,I think high blood pressure is more common these days,especially over 40,I dunno how I lucked out not having it.......yet,my gramma and mom had it,I smoke,drank heavily for 10 years daily,I eat crap food but still BP is great so far,overall I've stayed pretty healthy,oddly,but I know if I don't clean up my act it'll catch up to me,not if,its when,got up early and did tae-bo,haven't been exercising lately fitbit probably thinks I'm dead haha,was nice to work muscles I forgot I had😀 hope everyone is well and has a great Sunday,BTW Midtown,great for not drinkin last night,I'll bet the food was amazing.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Congrats time2rise!!
Midton, really glad you didn't drink last night!! I know you go to the gym a lot. Do you do cardio while you're there or just weights? Just curious. Good for you for making an appointment with the doctor. I've been afraid to do that. Two years ago when I got to rehab, they told I was the first person to come in that only needed vitamins. I was really proud of that at the time. But all my addictions got worse right out of rehab, and I haven't been to the doctor since. Mainly because I don't have insurance, but I've also wanted to put more distance between me and drinking. For awhile there I thought I wasn't strong enough to handle going in and them telling me something was wrong and I had caused it all myself. Now I have to save up a long time to get a check up. Again, good for you for making an appointment. I think that's a big step!
Old 11-15-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

This morning I woke up hungry, and I'm thinking about running out to sonic to pick up breakfast. I thought back to all the Saturday and Sunday mornings I would do that so I could go by the liquor store first. I would be all sweaty and shaky driving there, and when I would check out I would put my card on the counter instead of hand it to them so they wouldn't see how bad I was shaking. I dreaded signing the receipt, that's hard to do with the shakes. I'm so glad that today I really will only go to sonic, and I'm not a hot mess trying to get there and drunk by the time I get back!
Old 11-15-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Wow grizzlybearblue, that sounds like me besides the shakes. Lol! I would go out to get some snacks from the local gas station and guess what I would leave with a pack of beer! Happy for you that now you can just go out for a quick bite minus the booze!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Morning class.. My thoughts are for Paris. Have spent a lot of time in the city of lights and it is just horrible. The world is insane..

Midton..Well done! I could have been on Day 46 today unless I hadn't had my G&Ts so it is Day 9.. Not worth it mate.
I am having my bloods taken on Friday 27 November, its been a year since my last tests. My health has suffered dreadfully from drinking. My BP has been really high and I have been on medication for years. However, since quitting drinking it has come down, I have my own BP device. I have lost 22lbs to date (since 06 October) by going Paleo and walking-Not giving any advice here - This is working for me. Losing the weight and knowing the health benefits it brings, not drinking motivates me to keep going. Sitting on the couch in a chemical haze watching TV, as I did for several years, is not the life I want to be in anymore.

Grizzly.. I used to pace around the house on a Sunday morning if I had no wine waiting for bottle shop to open at 9am.. I used to think to myself what the guy would think of me as I would be the first customer of the day. I used to say to him "good morning getting all the shopping done early so I can enjoy the day" yeah right, my day was all sorted by getting home and drinking that wine all day..
Key.. doing so well!!!

OK need to get ready for the office. Happy working week/Sunday night to you all.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
Grizzly.. I used to pace around the house on a Sunday morning if I had no wine waiting for bottle shop to open at 9am.. I used to think to myself what the guy would think of me as I would be the first customer of the day. I used to say to him "good morning getting all the shopping done early so I can enjoy the day" yeah right, my day was all sorted by getting home and drinking that wine all day..
I'm sorry I'm laughing, but that sounds so much like me! I always gave an excuse for how much booze I was buying: we're having a cookout, lots of people are going to be there. Yeah right, it was a party of one! Or: it's the long weekend, I'm stocking up to last me awhile. Except I'd be back the next day and the next day when I knew there would be shift changes. That's pretty bad that I knew their shifts. Oh, the insanity of it. Good to hear from you sydneyman!
Old 11-15-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
Mine is hereditary. !
I think mine might be too. My mum has it and although she is a non-drinker she doesn't have the most healthy of lifestyles.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grizzlybearblue View Post
Do you do cardio while you're there or just weights? !
I damaged something called my sacroiliac joint in 2012 and my cardio is way down since then. But I had my first every health check when I was about 31 and my bp was 155/80 and then lower the second time they tested. At this time I was doing a lot of cardio.

I'm getting a little concerned ( which is increasing it even more) about acting like an emu about it over the last 20 years.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Things are spiralling out of control for me. Adios friends.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Oh no, Juno, you just gave me heart palpitations reading that!! Please let us know you're ok when you can!! I'll be thinking of you...
Old 11-15-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

What Juno?
Old 11-15-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I am less than 24 hrs from completing my first 30 days sober. I am so excited! I needed to get out the house today and clear my head, so I decided to take my son hiking. We went to a place I had hiked before but walked some new trail, it was nice, love getting time in with just me and my boy.

After the hike we grabbed a snack then visited my brothers house where I had a cocktail shoved in my face, "no thanks, but thank you though." I can't even count how many times in the last 29 days I have turned down booze, it seems rampant, lol. I sometimes wonder if my son notices that I'm not drinking beer, seemed I always had a brown bottle in my hands on the weekends. I know he noticed when I was drinking because he had made comments in the last few months up until I quite boozin. It was his comments that helped me come to the conclusion that I needed to stop.

Juno, my thoughts are with you. I look forward to your posts for enlightenment. You are a member of this family, hope to hear from you again no matter what you might be going through.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Good going looking..
Juno if you drinking and here..quit! Its possible. Look at me, back to day 9..dont beat yourself up. We are all humans whilo make wrong choices sometime.. Just start again, we are all waiting to read your posts very soon!!!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
You OK Juno? We're here if you aren't.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:47 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I'm scared of this beast - this insidious beast. I drank tonight. I don't have a good reason - is there ever a good reason? Built up pressure I think. Everything's gone - will start up again tomorrow. This is hard.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

It's ok, Juno. If it was easy, this site wouldn't exist. But I'm glad it does, and I'm glad you're still with us. I was missing you already : (
Old 11-15-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Juno, you can beat this beast, you have shown it that you are capable. Your right, it is hard. Tomorrow is a new day, please don't beat yourself up, you got this. You came back, and are ready pick up where you left off, I commend you for that. We are all here for you, and wishing you well.