# 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

You know that things get better canguy - stick with it

welcome F1ngers!

D
Old 11-05-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Whew.
Found an anxiety remedy that doesn't upset my stomach. First day without bad tummy, so far. Now let's hope it works a little.
Day 4. Sitting listening to ppl starting crap w each other at work. Day 3 of 4 long days.
Thank you for no-hangover !
Old 11-05-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

So my husband decided to come home earlier and he usually surprises me with a bottle of wine or he'll go to the pub and hang out. Both of those options leave me vulnerable. Not sure what my plan is yet but I just can't tell him I'm an alcoholic yet. Maybe I'll just say I'm taking a break from drinking... the only fear is that I might say nothing and drink.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Into day 4 and I'm feeling more focused. Checking into, and reading this site is really helping in terms of keeping things straight in my mind. I have always been so good at rationalizing how having a "couple drinks" later won't be a problem ... If only we could harness that mental power for good haha
Good luck all
Old 11-05-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

If all goes as planned I will have 72 hours at 5:00 pm today. 3 days! Day 3 is a dangerous day for me. I've had many day 3's in the past. Tomorrow will be day 4 because I'm gonna make it one minute at a time today! Good luck everyone and just don't drink no matter what! :-)
Old 11-05-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Day 5! Last night was rough, in the sense I got let go from my second job...I had a facial injury that needed healing for a week and they let me go because they needed me to be ready as a server sooner... instead of coming home and drinking, I did some marking for school, sat down and had some family time, got engrossed in a book, had a bubble bath... Tonight will keep me busy since I get to see a friend for dinner and go to a concert -- I worry about her ordering wine and asking me too...but I'm certain I'll be able to say no! I've got this
Happy Thursday people! x
Old 11-05-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I told you all I would ramble on this post oh well.
Hubby is home. I'm still stuck at work. Leaving in 10 minutes or so. Told him I'll go get dinner, he should just stay home and relax. This gives me control over what is bought. I am writing this down here to commit to not buying wine because if not I'll find myself in that forsaken isle.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Does Facebook ever trigger you guys? I was just on there & people were talking & posting photos of drinking, parties, their "perfect" lives etc. I actually had to log off & log back on here because I got a craving to drink! The craving only lasted a few min but maybe I should stay off FB for a while???

Thoughts?
Old 11-05-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Sober since Nov 1.My name is Max.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

KiKi, for me, FB is a trigger, and not just because people post about drinking. For me it triggers many kinds of antisocial feelings, and it makes me feel like I need a drink.

I have many friends in other countries and we communicate through fb, so I don't want to shut it down for good. But closing it down for some time sounds like a good alternative to me. I've done it before and it has a very calming effect on me.

These days I am "hiding" so many from my newsfeed so it's getting calmer anyways. So much for a "social network"...
Old 11-05-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Welcome to the gang, Max! Glad to have you with us.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Today im going to drive my daughter to school and go for a long hike.I need to see the ocean and moutains.Later football(sober) and finally a few hours of reading(war and peace).If all goes well,there will be a day 6.Good luck to all today!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Does Facebook ever trigger you guys? I was just on there & people were talking & posting photos of drinking, parties, their "perfect" lives etc. I actually had to log off & log back on here because I got a craving to drink! The craving only lasted a few min but maybe I should stay off FB for a while???

Thoughts?
Facebook triggers me in many ways, not just drinks -- I saw 3 more engagements last night after my father reminded me how single I am and how lonely I must feel... had a horrible feeling in my stomach so I closed it and turned off my computer. FOMO comes in many forms, drinks included. I feel like I'm missing out, often - but not because of just drinks, because I don't have many friends anymore. You need to eradicate the negativity in your life, whatever form it comes in.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

No wine was bought and that tells me I'm going to get through day 2 just fine .very dizzy and feel a bit out of it but nothing I can't handle. Stay strong team November
Old 11-05-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Morning all! Thought I'd quickly check in. Feeling rough this morning from my setback last night, but determined to start day 1 again and make it through the weekend. Feeling like this is an awesome reminder of how dumb it is to do this to myself....I have no idea how I was doing this every single day. It takes me an hour or two to even get going. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and staying strong!! My plan today is to put off going shopping for groceries until at least tomorrow to avoid the temptation to buy alcohol, check in on here frequently, and clean the house. Oh, and maybe enjoy a girlie movie and some popcorn when my daughter takes her nap. Just going to focus on keeping my mind busy. Have a great sober Thursday, everyone! I may check in later.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hey... does SR ever have any meet ups? Like a big function somewhere where we all could meet and celebrate?
Old 11-05-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Thx to those who responded about Facebook triggers. I deleted the FB app from my phone & am not allowing myself to get on it until I have AT LEAST 30 days.

I already feel like a piece of crap & FB just makes it worse!
Old 11-05-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Morning, All. Glad to hear everyone is doing okay. Day two for me and I'm feeling good. I know the AV will pop up at some point, though. It always does! But my plan to deal with it is to surf the urge. Think through what drinking will do to me, how it will make me feel the next day. I can't stay on that merry-go-round any longer.

For those addressing triggers, I do have to stay away from things that trigger me. Certain TV shows or movies where alcohol is made to look fun and enjoyable are hard to watch. So I don't! Good job to you all for identifying those things for yourself and staying away from them!
Old 11-05-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Day 5 here. Woke up with mild anxiety about this coming weekend. Decided it was best to cancel our plans and stick around the house instead.
Moving forward. We got this. One day at a time.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
Day 5 here. Woke up with mild anxiety about this coming weekend. Decided it was best to cancel our plans and stick around the house instead.
Moving forward. We got this. One day at a time.
I was also having anxiety about the weekend, so I'm going to stay in binge watch Netflix , cuddle with the dogs and stay in my Jammie's.
I am going to hike Sunday morning though.