Notices

Class of November 2015

Old 11-04-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
Over the last few days though, when I get home from work, I've been getting really crabby. After work is typically the time I would start drinking. I've been apologizing to my boyfriend for snapping at him. Tea seems to calm me down a bit. Hopefully this irritability will pass.
Sigh....you sound like me, felt like that yesterday but got through it. I had started developing the " have a drink to unwind after work" that then would continue on through dinner prep and through dinner cleanup. This would happen several times a week recently and so I recognized, as a health care professional, that I was on a slippery slope that was quickly going to go from a destructive habit to a full blown lose everything mess. Not going to happen!

Hang in there everyone, we can do this!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

So it's 6h30pm here and I made it through that power hour. Was going to just make cheese toast for dinner but had some leftover steak from last night. Decided to make philly cheese steak sandwiches. I had two rolls. Man I haven't ate that much in forevvvver. I knew if I ate a lot I would not drink because I won't get any affect.
I love cooking and love recreating anything so while cooking I feel something is missing and I craved a drink so bad. I pushed through. I don't think I'll drink tonight.
The thought of never drinking is scary but someone on here said, just focus on now, focus on today. I am doing that and it's helping.
I have to post a lot otherwise I'll just quietly slip away. Right now this is what I'm holding on to. This thread.
I hope you guys are doing well your side
Old 11-04-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zeekie View Post
The thought of never drinking is scary but someone on here said, just focus on now, focus on today. I am doing that and it's helping.
I am also terrified at the thought of never being able to drink again, but like you said, it really helps to focus on just today. I don't know if this is healthy or not, but I've been telling myself that I will not drink today, but I most definitely will drink tomorrow (although of course "tomorrow" never comes). For some reason, that makes me feel better. Post as often as you need to Zeekie! That's what this forum is here for. =)
Old 11-04-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
I am also terrified at the thought of never being able to drink again, but like you said, it really helps to focus on just today. I don't know if this is healthy or not, but I've been telling myself that I will not drink today, but I most definitely will drink tomorrow (although of course "tomorrow" never comes). For some reason, that makes me feel better. Post as often as you need to Zeekie! That's what this forum is here for. =)
I hear you because tomorrow will be today tomorrow? Smart!
Planning to have a long bath after the kids go to bed. My hygiene took a little dump these past few years. I feel like a lost little puppy walking around the house but I know this too shall pass.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi, All. Day one here for me. I've really struggled over the last few months. I'm joining this class because I want a life that is free of alcohol. I have to catch up on the posts, but I am grateful to join you all.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I don't know what else to do. I feel like I am falling apart. It's destroying my marriage and my relationships with my kids. I think I'm fine and then I am not. Today is day one. I said that two days ago and that did not end well. So I am hoping that I can start over. Day 1
Old 11-04-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hang in there TaylorSaint. I feel your pain. I'm 41 hours away from my last drink & am so afraid of drinking that I haven't been out of my bed except to go to the restroom in 16 hours! I
Must get up! Laying here is depressing but if I lay here and pray over & over I won't drink. I MUST make it thru these 24 hours!!! Every little thing triggers me & gives me cravings so I'm scared to leave my house. I too have hurt my spouse & kids and I want my life back. Alcoholism is hell! I may try to go to an AA meeting later to see if that helps my depression and terrible anxiety. No drinks for us today, ok?

Kiki
Old 11-04-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I'd like to join

Hi everyone. I would like to join class of November. I have got to the point where I acknowledge that I have a problem and I am looking for solutions that go beyond willpower alone because that has clearly failed,or else I wouldn't be here.
I look forward to being an active member, and sharing and receiving useful information.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Day 3 .
All I got right now.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hey all, on my 3 rd day, and slowly starting to regain some appetite, and unclench my jaw a bit. Just did a financial post-mortum of the weekends damage and it is truly staggering .. Worried about getting bills paid now , but honestly if that was the price of not drinking again I will gladly pay it
Old 11-04-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Day 5 just about done. Managed to bravely march past the alcohol aisle whilst doing the grocery shopping this afternoon
Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi Taylor, you can get through this. Do you have a plan to deal with the cravings? "Playing the tape through" works well for me. I focus on the hangover that will come with drinking and that helps me.

We can get through this together!
Old 11-04-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Hi, All. Day one here for me. I've really struggled over the last few months. I'm joining this class because I want a life that is free of alcohol. I have to catch up on the posts, but I am grateful to join you all.
Hiya swimkim.....remember you from class of april. Glad to see you here...off we go.

Morning all.....ordinary night for me, sweats, shallow sleep. But up and hot shower and into it. Day's are ok up to about 3pm.....after that the wanna drink thing starts to kick in. If I can get to 6, then I'm usually okay.

Good sober day everybody....
Old 11-04-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Good to see everyone hanging in there, even if by a thread. Home from work and as usual, I'm triggered to "relax" with a drink but I won't. Gobbled a slice of leftover pizza and signed on here instead. Thought about how awful I'd feel tomorrow, no thanks! Feeling tired so I'm going to make myself a cup of coffee and get the energy to get something done.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Just ending Day 4. Managed to go shopping in the supermarket and stroll straight past the wine aisle. Particularly pleased with that as everything else at the moment is stressing me so much the idea of winding down with a glass of wine could be tempting. Not happening. Work tomorrow - even planning a pre-work swim - and no fear of being stopped on the way! Yay!

Pix
Old 11-04-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Starting today. My blood pressure was out of control this morning. My heart was hurting and I terrified I am going to have a heart attack. I have been on a huge bender. Im from KC and its been party city for the Royals.

Ive started so many times. I make it 3 days and then repeat. I refuse this time. I have many good things going for me that in the past, alcohol has taken away. I am trying to figure out how to get through this. Ive tried the therapy, on my own. I havent tried AA but I think I will.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Jules

D
Old 11-04-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Hiya swimkim.....remember you from class of april. Glad to see you here...off we go.

Morning all.....ordinary night for me, sweats, shallow sleep. But up and hot shower and into it. Day's are ok up to about 3pm.....after that the wanna drink thing starts to kick in. If I can get to 6, then I'm usually okay.

Good sober day everybody....
I'm with you Canguy. 3 pm is the armpit of the day for me. I've tried taking a nap, eating and coffee but none of these worked. The thing that has worked the best is 5 min of yoga (it usually turns into 10 min but I like teeeeeny goals when I'm low) and drink a couple of glasses of water. I've been trying to make this a habit as soon as I hit 3:00.

Welcome newcomers! Post lots and hang tough one day at a time.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Well I guess I'm a November person. Tomorrow is day one--I was shaking so badly I've decided to wean through the evening. So I open a beer then set a timer. Must last 90 minutes. I'm excited to get my act back together
Old 11-04-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Struggled through day 3, but it's done.
Thank you, me, for not giving in while being angry with people at work.