Notices

Class of November 2015

Old 11-03-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Last drink was a Jamison & Diet at 5:00 pm on Monday, Nov. 2, 2015 on the patio of a local pub. I am only 31 hours in. Off to bed. Hoping for no nightmares or sweats. Sleeping is always great because I don't "think" when I'm asleep. I also don't drink! :-/
Old 11-04-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm here and I sign up.

Hopefully we can all get through this first month. I need a lot of support as I know everyone does and I will do my best.

My hubby will be back at the weekend and we usually sit with a bottle of wine. He doesn't know that I am an alcoholic so he thinks he's doing a good thing by spending time with me that way. I am also not ready to fess up to him yet.
Just have to find a way out of it but I know I justify it every time saying... oh well it's just one bottle between two people and usually that is it for the night. Thing is once he leaves on Monday morning for the week, I am back into drinking a bottle myself every night.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Maybe tell him before he comes home that you intend to stop drinking, zeekie, so it doesn't sneak up on you.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Waking up to day 4, grateful for getting through last night's desire to relax with wine or vodka. Awake early and ready for my coffee to start my day then off to work to manage 90 employees and the stress that accompanies that! Have a great sober day everyone, will check in later.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Day 3 and feeling a little weird. I realize that I need to stop this terrible behavior. Beginning to recognize irrational thoughts as separate from rational is tough. Best wishes everyone, stay sober today.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Omg! No idea if I am posting this right! I'm new here. I am on day 2 and feel like rubbish! Hot sweats, shakiness. I have no energy! I hope that this does not last too long!
Old 11-04-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

You posted exactly right - welcome Mae

D
Old 11-04-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Count me in. I have joined SR today having tried many times to give up drinking. I get so far and then convince myself I dont really have a problem after all,,,,
Old 11-04-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread Theresa

D
Old 11-04-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 6 checking in. Looking forward to a productive sober day. To the ones struggling, believe that it get better, just work your plan.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome VF

Imagine where you could be, sober, a year from now JL?

D
Sober for a year, is what I want. I don't know what to expect, but I'm up for more than the way it's gone from before.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Made it through day one sober. Woke to a good morning. Remember all of last nights conversations! Doing this for those good memories everyday. Have a great sober Wednesday everyone!
Old 11-04-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

So I am assuming that I can just post on this thread randomly?? Well I just decided this will be my outlet... hope nobody mind hearing my rambling.

So obviously I just joined this thread and this is my day 1. It's about 02h30pm here in South Africa. two hours away from home time. I went to buy bread during my lunch hour so I need not go to the shop after work.

We do this daily... morning we promise we won't drink... as evening comes closer we taste the wine... well I am at that stage right now but I am trying to stay positive reading all these day 4 and day 6 posts and it's motivating.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Today is day 1. Probably my 30th day 1 I have ever had. Proud to be joining you all!
Old 11-04-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 4 here.
Glad to be back on track.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
Dallow, I'm with you on that one. I feel constantly annoyed by people who can drink normally. I always told myself that I could just become a normal drinker like everyone else. I tried to create all of these rules for myself to make me a normal drinker. Obviously that didn't work out so well! I always wondered who on earth would need a wine stopper. Why would you ever have wine left over? I don't think I have ever stopped at one or two glasses. At this point, I think I'm just annoyed because I'm jealous. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I will never be a normal drinker. I'm glad that you're staying strong! I am grateful to be surrounded by people here who understand.
When I'm out at a restaurant with a friend, I might have one or two pints, or one or two 8 oz glasses of wine - still A LOT - but I have the 2, know how much it costs me, and decide, ok, done. There's a time limit, it's costly, I have a slightly happy buzz, and I'm happy to go home. I get mad thinking of the times that I AM able to stop after a few, or enjoy one with family, and not disappear into the kitchen to guzzle wine... but then I think of the times I've hidden alcohol in my room so my parents wouldn't know, taken extra sips when no one was looking, etc. It's not always, but even once is too much. I find it frustrating, and I'm often envious of people who can exert such control without even knowing how easy it is for them, how hard it is for us. They don't get it, as you said. All part of the emotions associated with this issue I guess.

On another note, I went to bed sore but happy last night -- no injury in curling after a BAD fall last week - everyone was impressed I came back! My team wanted to have some beers after the game, so I tagged along...and had a diet coke. It was easy, and I felt proud of myself.

Day 4!
Old 11-04-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I am committing to not drinking for 24 more hours. I MUST make it. Drinking is not an option anymore & is truly stealing my life away from me. I have 3 goals for the day: 1. Don't drink 2. Exercise 3. Do laundry

Have a sober day!
Old 11-04-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Lousy day 8. I am having mood swings and as an experienced whiner I am doing my best not to wallow in the dirt of self-pity. Don't want that stench on me, so I am off to the gym in an attempt to escape myself.

Hope you're all staying strong, novemberists!
Old 11-04-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Off to bed. I work overnight and used to stop for beer in the morning a couple times a week. Not today.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Day 11 for me. Mornings are feeling wonderful. I feel like the fog has lifted and I'm more clear headed than I have been in a long time. Over the last few days though, when I get home from work, I've been getting really crabby. After work is typically the time I would start drinking. I've been apologizing to my boyfriend for snapping at him. Tea seems to calm me down a bit. Hopefully this irritability will pass. Hang in there everybody! We can do this. Have a great sober Wednesday!