Notices

Class of November 2015

Old 11-03-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I know the regrets are so hard. I can't ever believe when people are so uplifting and kind about me when I know that I have failed. I guess we just keep plugging along. Hang in there.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Limitless

Do you know the movie or series "Limitless"? Where this guy takes a drug that makes that makes you think faster, be smarter and find solutions for all problems?

Well, at day 7 I can say I feel like I'm on that drug! My brain is actually working at normal speed again, I feel like I can find solutions and not just having my thoughts spinning in those slow drunken circles which lead nowhere but back to the bottle.

Today I feel amazing and I am thankful to be clear in my head!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

11-1-15 here...Day 3 sober, Day 2 here <3 I'm not at rock bottom, but I think I can see it from here.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveYouBye View Post
11-1-15 here...Day 3 sober, Day 2 here <3 I'm not at rock bottom, but I think I can see it from here.
Perfectly worded, explains me to a T!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Day 4 sober here. I'm incredibly tired still, slept terribly the last couple of nights. Priceless waking up in the morning without the fogginess though!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Today is day 23 for me but I definitely want to be a part of this class!!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening guys
Old 11-03-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning.....

I'm in Aus so my days way out of synch with many of you.
Post early.....typical post weekend night. Cook, collapse into bed, sleep for a couple of hours, then wake around 2,3 a.m. Then the sweats start.....doze off shallowly from time to time....wake to the predawn chorus of birds, gets lighter around the curtains. Another day to drag myself through....

It's not much of a way to live is it?
Old 11-03-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome learntofly, AmyCroft and TP770

D
Old 11-03-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Normal drinker

Sometimes I get really annoyed at people who can drink normally and that alcohol is legal. I've been having sleeping problems and I got an advice from a friend:

"If I can't sleep I drink just one can of beer and then I can go to sleep, maybe that could work for you?"

Eh...one can never does anything for me! If I was on heroin or something everybody would say "stop, immediatly! No more ever, go to rehab!"

Instead people talk about moderation, not to binge drink etc... After all drinking is a part of both social and working life for many. I guess I just want to say that I am happy to have you guys here on SR. I am beginning to understand that a "normal drinker", absolutely has no clue how bad it gets...

With that rant, I must add I still feel strong and motivated!
Old 11-03-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Ugh!

Just home after a long day at work. Tried to go do groceries right after work but no, got derailed by my darling man needing a ride to the auto repair shop to get his truck. Traffic was annoying with beyond rude drivers. Make my way back to the store and get what we need. Back among more rude drivers. Get home and the young adult daughter is making dinner for her and her boyfriend, though nice, I'm not a big fan. Annoyed and want a drink to take the edge off as has become my habit. I can't do that to myself! Rant over, thanks for reading if you did. Stay sober with me, having my soda with no additives while I deep breathe and relax until this passes...
Old 11-03-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thank goodness for all these posts ...... I didnt even get through
Day 1 ..... but November is still going to be my month
Day 1 today 4th November !!!! And by 30 November
which is my birthday will be day 26 ..... so am going
to beat this beast and feel fresh and energised to
face my next year !!!! 🌺🌺🌺
Good luck to us all WE CAN BEAT THIS DEMON
😡😡!!!
Old 11-03-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Dallow, I'm with you on that one. I feel constantly annoyed by people who can drink normally. I always told myself that I could just become a normal drinker like everyone else. I tried to create all of these rules for myself to make me a normal drinker. Obviously that didn't work out so well! I always wondered who on earth would need a wine stopper. Why would you ever have wine left over? I don't think I have ever stopped at one or two glasses. At this point, I think I'm just annoyed because I'm jealous. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I will never be a normal drinker. I'm glad that you're staying strong! I am grateful to be surrounded by people here who understand.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

High hopes for us on here!
Day 2 in the bag. It's a fight, to be certain.
I want to live, and live better !
Old 11-03-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learntofly View Post
I always wondered who on earth would need a wine stopper. Why would you ever have wine left over?
THIS! Haha, i have been wondering the same thing! I also don't understand my friends who are able to have "a bar" at home. How can they have all these bottles at home until they have some guests over for a drink...that is just beyond my comprehension.

Come to think of it, I actually tried to build up a bar at home at one point. I don't think I need to get into details about how that project developed...
Old 11-03-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hello. My sobriety date is November 1, 2015. Today is my day 3. I would like to join this class. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Welcome Violet, pull up a seat (electronically speaking) !

Julie, good for you to come right back to posting even if it is just your next day 1.

Dallow, Learn, Amy, Healthy and everyone else keep at it one day at a time or 1 min at a time whatever it takes!
Old 11-03-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
THIS! Haha, i have been wondering the same thing! I also don't understand my friends who are able to have "a bar" at home. How can they have all these bottles at home until they have some guests over for a drink...that is just beyond my comprehension.

Come to think of it, I actually tried to build up a bar at home at one point. I don't think I need to get into details about how that project developed...
When younger I used to have this romantic vision of a pool table w bar, all friends hanging around, relaxing......
Wow, I'd forgotten about that.
Now I'm 44 yrs old and just wish I wasn't up at 10 pm sleepless and texting about alcoholic depression/anxiety. Lol
Old 11-03-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome VF

Imagine where you could be, sober, a year from now JL?

D
Old 11-03-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I made it through day 1 (well, almost just under 2 hours to go). Maybe I am just forgetting how hard day ones have been in the past but they seem to be getting harder and harder. Hopefully, this will be my last.

On Tuesday & Thursday nights I have gotten into a bad habit of stopping and getting a couple of bottles of wine on my way home. It was kind of hard not to stop tonight but I think the first day is probably the hardest. I am hoping Thursday is easier.

It is helpful reading all of your posts and I hope everyone is well.
Happy Wednesday everyone