Notices

Class of November 2015

Old 11-02-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day one! Exhausted, and shakey and desperately needing to stop this none sense
Old 11-02-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 1.
Burned off some booze fumes on treadmill. Now trying new herbal anxiety supplements. Never done that before, but I vowed to never quit trying. Congratulations to all those who drank for the last time , for a LONG time, we hope !
Dee, glad to see your posts, friend. Prayers for you !
Old 11-02-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hello November. I'm part of the October, 2015 class, but I wanted to drop in and say hello and offer whatever moral support I can. Today I'm 30 days sober, and being part of a group of people working on a similar goal was very helpful, so I encourage all of you to stay strong. And if you fall, pick yourself up and start over. There is no shame in falling, getting back up and recommitting is the important part IMO.

And remember, we are all stronger than we believe we are, so don't doubt your ability to quit drinking or using.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 30 days Time2Rise - thanks for sharing

D
Old 11-02-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Tomorrow, Tuesday 11/3/15 will be my day 1.
I had alcohol here and I know I should have poured it out but I didn't. I have nothing left here now so I have no excuses, tomorrow will be my day 1.
I hope everyone has a happy & sober Tuesday~
Old 11-03-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pixie30f View Post
OK, I'm going to join in too. I was originally in November 2014 and still keep checking in there but, as I just broke my latest run after a week, I'm making it yet another Day 1. I managed over 7 months from last November up to May this year but then made the mistake of thinking I could be like a 'normal' person. I should know by now. Anyway, on my journey starting last November, I came across many pearls of wisdom, the most inspiring of which was the very simple, 'No-one ever regretted not drinking' - that wasn't mine; I found it on Nov '14. So now it's that plus my 90-day-no-surrender plan - another interesting piece of wisdom I found on the site last year was that it takes 90 days to break any kind of habit, so that's what I'm doing. I did do that last year and it amazed me by getting so much easier as the days were chalked off. Nice to meet all these new classmates. Here goes.

Pix
Great to have you hear Pixie, I love the 90 + forever plan and the "no-one ever regretted not drinking" ..... I can't believe another year has gone by and I continue to struggle, I'm thinking I have a much better understanding of this mine field I'm navigating, I just need to get motivated, hoping that a return to daily posting and reading will help like it did last year. Happy sober Tuesday everyone.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Ok....signing back on for this.
I wanted this year to be the one where I finally tackled this problem that's just gotten so big. Made some progress.....five years ago I lost a child, a year later lost my marriage. I've just been out of control ever since.....social isolation has turned every weekend into one long binge out. This year I've managed to get myself to a place where I can come home after work and not have to drink. Had a couple of months at one point. This has been progress.....but the weekends I just can't get through. Yet I've had a taste of sobriety too....I'm happier, more productive.....calmer. Hungover, I obsessively go over and over every detail of my tragic strange marriage. Alcohol traps you in the past.

Have been able to do the week nites ok. But have to move on from that.

This hard for me to write. I've become very enclosed, and its difficult to put all this out there.

November then......hit the post button before I just delete as so many times before.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Rise View Post
Hello November. I'm part of the October, 2015 class, but I wanted to drop in and say hello and offer whatever moral support I can. Today I'm 30 days sober, and being part of a group of people working on a similar goal was very helpful, so I encourage all of you to stay strong. And if you fall, pick yourself up and start over. There is no shame in falling, getting back up and recommitting is the important part IMO.

And remember, we are all stronger than we believe we are, so don't doubt your ability to quit drinking or using.
Thanks T2R, I needed some inspiration this am, I'm picking myself up and getting to the gym!
Old 11-03-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Welcome Canguy, we can do this!!
Old 11-03-2015, 01:54 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see a lot of names I know here - there's no shame in trying again...like I said with each renewed effort I got closer to where I wanted to be.

I hope that this time can be your time to finally break free guys - we can do this

D
Old 11-03-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm back to give it another go. On day 2. I think I've finally figured out a better plan this time. I've been going through a tough time and I think I finally found a way to break free of this. I've put some steps in place I need to take. I was reluctant to come back I've failed so many times, but I think this board, along with some other things, are necessary tools. I'm much more optimistic this time. Well, cautiously optimistic at least.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 3. Once I find the time I will share my background and story. These days my main focus is maintaining sobriety and a healthy lifestyle while working full time in a very high ranking job at my company that is also a very public. All is well, not struggling, YET. Stay sober everyone.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I hear you canguy.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning everyone- starting my day three.
Doing well, and actually sleeping....which is surprising! But nice.

I planned to make this week as stress free as possible but that has completely unraveled. Lots of work and family drama. But I'm hanging tough and not using it as an excuse to drink! I've read two books in three days....reading about sobriety really helps me focus on where I want to be.

I hope everyone has a great, sober day.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jane8 View Post
I'm in!
I quit last month for a few days. Then my husband suggested after a long talk that he didn't really think I needed to quit entirely so I managed 2 weeks of moderation. I had an easy time of it, but then when he was gone I went back to a full bottle of wine. I didn't even try to stick the two glasses.
So clearly, moderation only works when he's home :-/
So I'm going to stop, there's no point in waiting for things to get worse...
I normally drink a whole bottle of wine three nights a week. Cut that down to two glasses three nights a week. But then I drank three bottles in four days. It's like I was trying to catch up!

Anyway, I'm not drinking for 30 days. I'm not going to talk to him about it- I'm just going to do it. And after that time maybe we can talk again and he'll be more open to discussing how serious my problem may be. He's not an enabler - he doesn't drink. I just think he's afraid of the label. But clearly I have an issue with alcohol. I'm stocked up on recovery books and am going to try to keep this week as stress free as possible.

My biggest concern is my daughter. She's very, very angry at me. She is a
recovering addict and I thought she would understand. But I have tried talking to her and I'm not sure if she thinks I'm exaggerating my problem ( I asked her for some help with things this coming week) or if she has some deeper issues with my drinking. (Or me maybe lol) She just got very angry when I asked. And that kind of hurt.
This is my drinking pattern too
Xo
Old 11-03-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Glad to see there are so many of us here for support. I got into the car this morning and knew I'd spend a few minutes checking in. If I make a routine of it, it'll make me cognizant. I worry about this weekend, since once friday comes thats 'drink mode' for me. I feel sad without it...but since I've been away from my second job for a week, I'll probably have to work both nights anyway, which is good. I don't like it, but it keeps me busy.

Going back to curling tonight -- with a mouthguard, how embarrassing. I smashed my face on the ice last week and hope to get my stitches out today... eep!
Have a healthy, happy day friends

Day 3!
Old 11-03-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 3. Just got back from the gym. Finally feel back to myself, besides the slight depression for allowing myself to drink on Halloween. I would of had so much more fun if i hadn't. And I would be close to a month now. ugh. oh well this is a journey not a destination.
So glad to be here with you guys and gals. =)

Sending out Blessings <3
Old 11-03-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm glad to be here with all of you. I have 10 days today. I'm already worried about how I'm going to get through my family Thanksgiving without wine, but continuing to drink can't be an option for me anymore. I once read that continuing to drink for an alcoholic is like tying a bunch of knots that you know you're going to have to untie later, but you're in so much pain that it doesn't matter. I'm finally starting to work through my knots. I wish you all strength and positivity in your journey to recovery.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

This is going to be another try for no alcohol for life! I hope the November group will be my forever group. Tired of falling asleep watching TV with kids and never remembering our conversations. So stupid. I am a great mom and alcohol will not rob me of that one thing I got going for me!
Old 11-03-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 2 and still feeling awful. So much regret and embarrassment .. I know the intensity of these feelings will lessen with time, and am just trying to hang -in . Spent hours readin through posts the last 24 hrs.
Kudos for the effort everyone