Class of November 2015

Old 11-05-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Day 4 done.
Feels like a bad marathon.
Hope it gets better
Old 11-05-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

JL, is there something you can do to help yourself feel better? I always find that going for a walk and taking deep breaths helps me. You are doing an amazing job by being here and committing to sobriety. Take things slowly and hang in there! All of our long-term sober brethren are proof that it will get better in ways we can't even imagine at this stage.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:45 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me. Not sure how I feel yet. It is Friday so we'll see how I get through the weekend. Hubby went to the pub yesterday and I went to bed early.
Just seeing how hungover he was this morning made me so happy that I woke up clear headed and ready for the day.
I hope I remember that this entire weekend!
Have a awesome day everyone!
Old 11-05-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a peaceful stress free weekend
Old 11-06-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

UGH- so Day 3 yet again for me. Had a business trip and drank at dinner with clients and then one more glass back in my room "to go to sleep" Same as before nothing bad happened but I know that it will if I keep putting myself in the way of trouble it will. The crazy thing is I lost a job because I drank too much at a work function so I know I am playing with fire.

Im so tired of listening to my AV and ready to be done with this for good. Picking myself up and pressing on- with Gods help for the last time.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Good morning class, getting ready to start day 6 and it's Friday, ugh. I am determined to get through this weekend sober. Congrats to those not only maintaining sobriety but also to those that slipped but came right back here, that's HUGE! Off to work and will work on making a solid weekend plan, there's plenty in my life to keep me busy!
Old 11-06-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Feeling a little weak as it's Friday afternoon here. Felt okay this morning but now I can literally taste a drink. Not sure what my game plan is yet but hopefully I will get through this weekend sober.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Checking in day 8 and have a busy Friday. Need to come up with a strict plan this weekend to stay sober.

What has help you stay sober on weekends?
Old 11-06-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

GhostFace, I agree that the weekends can be hard.

Personally I have been avoiding temptation by not going out to bars or clubs at all in the early days. I also make early plans on saturday and sunday so if I am at a dinner where people are drinking, I can always say (and feel good about it): "I am not drinking today, tomorrow I have to get up really early etc."

Having early plans also makes me more motivated to skip the drinks. I know how many times I cancelled things in the last minute when being to hungover, and it's a great feeling to be able to actually get something done in the weekend.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Gotta keep your mind busy. Gotta be in for the good fight when the cravings hit to not give in and be strong in your decision. Gotta stay positive. Gotta have an escape plan if you go somewhere and you don't feel you can stay. Gotta have people you could call. Gotta take care of yourself..make sure you rest enough, drink enough water, eat right (that doesn't have to mean healthy right now). Gotta be kind to yourself. The first 30 days, commit to just not drinking. Stay away from things you know will trigger you until a later date. Now is not the time to test your strength in that department. Do anything to not drink. It's hard, but it can be done. Give yourself the chance to be the "you" you were meant to be. There is a person under all that stuff you've used to bury yourself with and mask it..we think we had fun and made things better..nah! Not true. If you really assess your behavior, honestly, you will se the damage has been done. Let is start to heal.
Stay strong this weekend...you can do it! (Hug)! Believe in yourself...your stronger than you think!
Old 11-06-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
Gotta keep your mind busy. Gotta be in for the good fight when the cravings hit to not give in and be strong in your decision. Gotta stay positive. Gotta have an escape plan if you go somewhere and you don't feel you can stay. Gotta have people you could call. Gotta take care of yourself..make sure you rest enough, drink enough water, eat right (that doesn't have to mean healthy right now). Gotta be kind to yourself. The first 30 days, commit to just not drinking. Stay away from things you know will trigger you until a later date. Now is not the time to test your strength in that department. Do anything to not drink. It's hard, but it can be done. Give yourself the chance to be the "you" you were meant to be. There is a person under all that stuff you've used to bury yourself with and mask it..we think we had fun and made things better..nah! Not true. If you really assess your behavior, honestly, you will se the damage has been done. Let is start to heal.
Stay strong this weekend...you can do it! (Hug)! Believe in yourself...your stronger than you think!
Really like what you just said. I'll need all the strength I can muster this weekend! Found I have an afternoon supply which will keep me from being home early... Last night I really wanted a beer when my friend ordered one, but I didn't. It was banana bread flavoured sipped my water at the concert. Funny how you notice how much everyone else is drinking when you aren't. It was a cozy venue, and everyone had beer or wine it seemed like. Still, I enjoyed the music, and sipped my water.

Day 6.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Good morning to all.
Day 6.My plan this weekend is to keep it simple.Take a long walk twice each day rain or shine and just breathe.Need to slow that racing mind down(maybe take it down a notch on the caffeine) and stay focused,the weekend can be some stormy waters.Take the load off the other half and do some chores,if im going to have bouts of misery,probally should make myself useful.

I will not allow or keep alcohol in my home this weekend,for me if its around its too big a temptation,im lucky my woman rarely drinks and when she does she will buy 6 girlie drinks and maybe have 2.These i will consume.

No big descisons today......this would be a train wreck!Divorce and joining the foriegn legion will have to wait(lol).

I think this weekend im going to be hard on my AV,just let it know that there is a new regime running the show.

Good luck people and those words from Keyofc are a great way to start off this weekend thanks and cheers.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. It's the beginning of day 2 for me. It sucks because if I hadn't slipped on Halloween then I could have had 20 days under my belt. Oh well can't stay in the past. Gotta keep pushing forward! I have more days sober in the last 3 weeks than not, so I suppose that's something positive. Don't know if that's a dangerous way to look at things considering that the whole point is complete sobriety.....Anyway, don't have much planned for today. I have to go grocery shopping which is always a temptation for me to buy booze. I just try not to even look at the wine aisle, even almost run past it sometimes, and that's the plan today. Maybe I'll treat myself with some really good ice cream with the money I would have spent one of the bottles I would have bought. Mmmmm, yeah, that sounds good Wishing you all a sober Friday!! I'll check in later.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 2 again after my small slip yesterday afternoon. I'm going to an AA meeting in an hour to see how it is. What do I have to lose? I pray we all get through the weekend sober! We got this!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Good morning, All. The weekend is upon us! As a few have said, having a plan is an important tool for staying sober. There is a thread under stickies that documents recovery plans. Those who haven't should check it out! Lots of great resources.

My plan for tonight is to go to the gym and then have some Netflix time that may seem boring to some (nope, I won't be out raging at the bars spending lots of money on drinks with those "happy" people), but the reward of a calm night at home is a peaceful headache/nausea free morning! The best way to start the weekend.

Stay strong everyone! Check in here if you are feeling triggered. Your SR family is here to help!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Id like to join this group, day 4 for me. All the weekend talk is helpful! Good luck to all of you.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Ambuler, don't dwell on the fall. Explore maybe why it happened, but move on. Be strong in your re-start and go forward. Hence my quote "Look back but don't stare". You don't live there. Think positive, forward motion thoughts.
Same for you Kiki!
(Hug) get a better plan. Can't live your sober life in your same old drunk one. Things will have to change and it all starts with you.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody! Day 13 for me. I have a three day weekend. (Normally, that would be a good thing, but it seems daunting without alcohol.) So far this morning, I mowed the lawn and took our pup for a long walk. I still feel like I'm slowly coming out of a fog. It's crazy how you don't even notice little things like how beautiful the autumn leaves are when you're in that alcohol fog. I'm starting to notice those things, and it fills me with a bit of hope. The toughest part of the day for me is still between 3 PM and 7 PM. During that time, I've been drinking tea like a fiend. I think just having something to drink makes things easier, as weird as that is. I'm praying for strength for all of you this weekend. We can do this!
Old 11-06-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Dallow, it's like you read my mind, I haven't been on Facebook for 2 days now. And deleted it off my phone. I was checking it multiple times a day. Total waste of time, keeping tabs on people who don't want anything to do with me anymore. Hurtful to see them all hanging out, and I'm out of the loop. I'm going to avoid it for a long while.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Today makes 6. I'm doing my clinical rotation for school, then off to Wisconsin to visit my mom. Showing the kids around the farm. Should be fun.