SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Part 24 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/378332-class-july-2013-part-24-a.html)

Anna 10-30-2015 02:02 PM

Class of July 2013 Part 24

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-23-a-26.html

letitgo 10-30-2015 02:39 PM

1st post winner :) hope you are having or has a great friday!!

Croissant 10-30-2015 03:17 PM

Gilmer!xx

Leshar, I agree with Gilmer and SoberLeigh. The reschedule for a third time is quite simply unacceptable. I hope you politely and firmly explain that you have only just been released from hospital, booked a room to ensure you weren't too stressed on the commute. If it was an isolated incident, yes of course. And a family emergency is a family emergency. However, I'd be asking for a waived consult fee now.

SW, of course, ask questions on CBT whenever you like. I can't remember every single detail of what I did, but I do still use the basics from time to time. In fact subliminally I guess I've used some of the techniques to stay sober at different times.

Soberwolf 10-30-2015 03:37 PM

Thanks Croiss :hug:

Soberwolf 10-30-2015 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by letitgo (Post 5621718)
1st post winner :) hope you are having or has a great friday!!

This had me in stitches & I don't know why my Friday has been ok Let how's yours been bud

Thank you Anna for the new thread

venuscat 10-30-2015 04:33 PM

Leshar, that is so wrong....sure people have emergencies, but after 3 cancellations I would be requesting another doctor. And not that politely either. I'm sorry this happened...and I hope they reschedule you with someone who is the right person to help. :hug:

Doona Covers Snooz...I need help. I bought one, and it's not right for me, and now I am all upset (well, a bit). I'm the world's worst shopper... :(

Awesome to see your avatar Gilmer my love!! :) ♥

resolute50 10-30-2015 05:26 PM

Halloween always reminds me of trick or treating in our little neighborhood back in the day.
The sites and sounds of this time of the year takes me back.
Andy T's homemade lollipops
Mrs. L's homemade popcorn balls
Walter Z's wife inviting us in for cider and hot chocolate,Walter trying to scare us.
Hanging out with my neighborhood friends.
And always having to walk by that darn cemetery up the road from my house.
Eating way too much candy later that night.

I have other memories of "partying" on Halloween.
But you know, I'll take the innocent and childhood memories over that any day.

venuscat 10-30-2015 05:32 PM

I can see all of that in my head Bob. You write so beautifully...
And those childhood memories sound wonderful. :)

SoberLeigh 10-30-2015 07:16 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Anna.

Sending love to the Julyers.

Leshar 10-30-2015 07:28 PM

Hi all, thanks for the words of advice. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do.
Nice pic, Wolfie. Is that Glen?

Croissant 10-30-2015 08:29 PM

I loved your post, Bob. American kids had this mysterious thing called Halloween where people gave them lollies (our word for candy). What you wrote really sounded sentimental and lovely.

It always sounded like the greatest thing to me when I was younger and your post definitely reinforced that it indeed was!

Soberwolf 10-30-2015 11:55 PM

I wish it was Leshar I got the pic from sunnyskyz its a pug dressed up as gandalf I thought that's my Halloween sig

Got a beautiful Mrs sw sleeping soundly beside me

Good morning guys

Gilmer 10-31-2015 03:18 AM

I am going to do the unthinkable and repeat a post, since it seems to have gotten buried in the last part.

Snooz, I got your card on Wed., Oct. 28. Thank you! You're a tough one to track down (I sent you a PM first. :) ).

Soberwolf 10-31-2015 04:51 AM

Hi Gilmer & everyone :grouphug:

SoberLeigh 10-31-2015 07:47 AM

Happy Halloween everyone.

Have fun and be safe.

KeyofC 10-31-2015 08:16 AM

Happy Saturday! And Halloween! ((Hug)) everyone!

letitgo 10-31-2015 08:46 AM

Hi all! Happy Halloween! Working today like everyday. Weekend work is nice because its relaxing. Less hustle and bustle. I want to go to a hallowen function. But i need to do some shopping and laundry. Maybe watch the world series tonight instead or hit the gym or an aa meeting. So much to choose from :) Have a great day!!

Leshar 10-31-2015 10:11 AM

I'm going out for supper with a friend and then we will see "Steve Jobs". I'm not a Halloween fan so want to escape.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'm feeling better. Much calmer. Just had a nice shower.

Soberwolf 10-31-2015 11:21 AM

Steve jobs is meant to be a great film I used to feel that way about Halloween but this year I'm going trick or treating I want candy :lmao I'm not really I've just had my first trick or treater's thier so adorable we got chocs haribo lots of haribo and lollies we made lil bags of goodies one kid just jumped at my door :lmao

It has officially begun

Soberwolf 10-31-2015 02:13 PM

Last trick or treater was around 25 mins ago starting to quiet down now

SnoozyQ 10-31-2015 02:21 PM

Gilmer , I'm so happy you liked the card:kiss: it's so nice to see a post from you honey . Xoxoxo

It's our 8th wedding anniversary today but sadly I didn't remember . It was only cos Mum sent me a text before work.

I just don't have that lovin' feeling :-(

Xox

Soberwolf 10-31-2015 02:39 PM

Happy 8th anniversary Snooz :hug:

Croissant 10-31-2015 04:20 PM

Wow, you got married the year I was supposed to, Snooz.

I hope things improve....sorry you don't have the loving feelin'.

Leshar, showers seriously are in my sober toolbox! I know you keeping on to them is a huge thing. Thank you for sharing your journey and I'm glad you are feeling a little better today. Big hug from across the globe!xx

Busy day today. Yesterday was my quiet bumming around home day, but I want another one! Hopefully I can knock my chores off and get home before lunch (and before too much money is spent, lol!)

Ladybug? Where for art thou?

SnoozyQ 10-31-2015 04:36 PM

Yes dear Buggy :-) where for art thou indeed xx

Checkin today hon . Miss ya

I'll catch up on all your posts when I get home from work. I loved reading them all but haven't had time to reply xx

:wavey:

Soberwolf 10-31-2015 04:45 PM

Goodnight Julyers

venuscat 10-31-2015 04:47 PM

Add me to the list of those thinking about our Bug.
(And Dee of course whom I miss terribly...)

Snoozy love ~ a bit of advice ... plan something for you guys to celebrate today. Even if it's just a favourite quick dinner and a walk on the beach?
Or one of your lovely cards...it will make him smile, and that will make you smile, and...you get it. I love you. :hug:

Crois ~ I'm having my second lazy day in a row. My job went kaput, so I actually have my weekends back. Good and bad. Focusing on the good part.

SoberLeigh 10-31-2015 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Leshar (Post 5622666)
I'm going out for supper with a friend and then we will see "Steve Jobs". I'm not a Halloween fan so want to escape.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'm feeling better. Much calmer. Just had a nice shower.

Enjoy your meal with your friend, Leshar.

Let us know how you like Steve Jobs.

SoberLeigh 10-31-2015 06:40 PM

Goodnight, Julyers.

resolute50 10-31-2015 06:45 PM

Goodnight Leigh,

Well, spent most of the day raking leaves. My daughter is out with some friends trick or treating. The wife and I used a gift cert. we got for Christmas for dinner at Longhorn Steak house. Just got back a little while ago.
Watching some creepy movies while eating some ice cream.
It's nice to put my feet up and rest.

SoberLeigh 10-31-2015 06:48 PM

I really like Longhorn Steakhouse, Bob; I haven't been for awhile but I remember that they have good desserts, too.