Old 11-01-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Snooz, very foggy where I am
Old 11-01-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Chocolate lava cake...YUM.

It's a cloudy day here but warm. Just got back from taking the pup for a walk. No Patriot football today, so I might watch other teams play.
I couldn't remember what it was called. I kept thinking chocolate volcano cake but knew that didn't sound right.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi, Julyers; have a great day!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Ladybug????????? Check-in, please.

Venuscat, I am sorry to hear about your job, sweetheart.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Julyers X-factor is on so I've logged in Mrs sw is singing

I have 2 sisters & the one who was in rehab earlier this year is coming up for her first year in a few days

My brother was 10 months yesterday he turns a year on Dec 31st NYE I think something will get planned for that

My other sister is off filming for a popular TV show she's an extra

My dad is sober I think it's been a week not sure but he hasn't been sounding drunk lately & he's quick on the phone a sure sign he's sober as normally he just goes on

Mrs Sw is in a bath I'm next but il make the tea first

it's seriously foggy tonight again
Old 11-01-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Very good to hear about your sister, brother and father, sw. Sounds as though they have taken your lead - very cool.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hello Julyers! I know I only pop in from time to time but I'd like to reconnect again.
I've joined many other classes but just can't seem to establish that bond and level of comfort I felt with all of you and you obviously feel with each other. I often read how all of you are doing but hesitate to post because I'm just so darn sick of admitting that I'm still struggling. But here I am and I know I need more so Im reaching out.
My drinking pattern lately seems to be a few weeks on and a few weeks off, two steps forward and one step back. I get all gung ho and feel great and confident and then one day I tell myself I can handle a few drinks and that just sets me off to nightly drinking again.
Work is great, my kids are doing great, and I'm actually making some progress financially ( for me, that means I can make ends meet with a little left over. I'll take it!).
But drinking leaves me stuck physically, emotionally and spiritually. And I know in my heart that one of these days something awful will happen because of my drinking. I've been "lucky" far too long.
So for those that remember me, I hope I can join forces with you again.
I hope to hear from ladybug too...
Old 11-01-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Great to see you, fabl.

You have a lot of good things going for you; I know that you can make sobriety another one.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

FABL, I knew I had a serious drinking problem for at least 3 years before I could get any sober time together. The difference between you and I, is that my 3 year daily struggle is not documented here, FABL.

Every day, I told myself....definitely not drinking today. And I yet I still did. So there is no shame you have that is not ours also. Sadly, for most of us, it gets to craziness before we are beaten down to desperate measures.

In fact, it was so bad, that I even still have days now where I can't believe I got that relentless monkey off my back. It's a blessing, but never think we don't know how frustrating it is to be on that wheel and feeling like a broken record.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

My daily struggle lasted a long time, also, fabl.

I strung together thousands of day 1s. I was a complete failure at sobriety for years. I was broken and defeated when I entered sobriety.

I know that you can do this.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Crois and soberleigh, thank you It's so easy to feel all alone in this. And I feel like, I'm not really new at this but I'm also not a success - obviously.
I had almost 2 months back in 2013 with you and another 60 in 2012 with various stretches of sober time since and in between so I KNOW how good sobriety can be. For years before that It was just progressing and I never considered quitting.
Even today, as I sit outside with my dog and read here and enjoy the breeze, I'm so grateful to not be in the fog of drinking. I was slightly hungover earlier today but it has passed, as have the cravings. Forever still seems scary as heck but what's the alternative? Any drinking in the future just puts me right back on the rollercoaster. There is no such thing, for me, of just drinking a little one day and hopping right back on the sober train. No way. But that's always the promise I tell myself when I cave. Once I feed the beast, I'm back into it until I get sick and tired of it - sometimes a few days, sometimes much longer.
Anyway, I'm here and I plan on sticking around. You guys are the best
Old 11-01-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fabl I wonder where you went never be ashamed to post get up but don't ever give up I have that phrase above my avatar

I love the group here too the ladies are good ppl yourself Inc

If your finding it hard then really the simple answer is stop drinking sounds easy ?

As you know its not I kept going round in circles for 3 months before it hit me diffrent from all the other times

I have to stop drinking I had that devil in my ear telling me all sorts of madness my angel on the other was telling me its going to be ok

It's hard as **** to get sober some days it hits me that I havnt drunk for almost 2.5 years & I'm like is this real

Stick with us Fabl write up a new P.O.A plan of action
Old 11-01-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Very good to hear about your sister, brother and father, sw. Sounds as though they have taken your lead - very cool.
I have my eldest sister who is over 3 years sober if it wasn't for her help even though some days I wanted to pull my hair out I'd doubt I'd be sober today
Old 11-01-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
FABL, I knew I had a serious drinking problem for at least 3 years before I could get any sober time together. The difference between you and I, is that my 3 year daily struggle is not documented here, FABL.

Every day, I told myself....definitely not drinking today. And I yet I still did. So there is no shame you have that is not ours also. Sadly, for most of us, it gets to craziness before we are beaten down to desperate measures.

In fact, it was so bad, that I even still have days now where I can't believe I got that relentless monkey off my back. It's a blessing, but never think we don't know how frustrating it is to be on that wheel and feeling like a broken record.
Awesome advice Croiss
Old 11-01-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Welcome back FABL.
Sounds like you're doing that swinging door drinking pattern like I did before I finally nailed down sobriety.
Hang out with us and we'll try and get you through those rough seas to calmer waters.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Hello Julyers! I know I only pop in from time to time but I'd like to reconnect again.
I've joined many other classes but just can't seem to establish that bond and level of comfort I felt with all of you and you obviously feel with each other. I often read how all of you are doing but hesitate to post because I'm just so darn sick of admitting that I'm still struggling. But here I am and I know I need more so Im reaching out.
My drinking pattern lately seems to be a few weeks on and a few weeks off, two steps forward and one step back. I get all gung ho and feel great and confident and then one day I tell myself I can handle a few drinks and that just sets me off to nightly drinking again.
Work is great, my kids are doing great, and I'm actually making some progress financially ( for me, that means I can make ends meet with a little left over. I'll take it!).
But drinking leaves me stuck physically, emotionally and spiritually. And I know in my heart that one of these days something awful will happen because of my drinking. I've been "lucky" far too long.
So for those that remember me, I hope I can join forces with you again.
I hope to hear from ladybug too...
Hello darling one Of course you can reconnect FABL . you don even need to ask. Just post , you are always a member of the Julyers.
Reading your post I cold feel everything you said .
It's quite raw of me because of my recent relapse.

We are not here to judge you on how many times yo have tried to get it right, we are here to support you to get to that goal.

We all get here in our own time.

Staying close to all of us, your friends here will certainly help you.
This truly is the best group of people I have never met.

One days i hope to catch up with some of you who have helped me turn my life around

It's great to have you back Hun xxx

Old 11-01-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Turing in soon; goodnight, Julyers.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Ladybug, check-in sweetheart.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning guys going to look at the therapy paperwork spk to you guys soon
Old 11-02-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey there...hope everyone had a nice weekend! ((Hug))