Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 24

Old 11-12-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Do your best

Now for the reason why I logged back in I was watching 2 videos falling asleep on alcoholism The first is a guy from Queensland & the second is a guy from Lithuania

https://youtu.be/DJSLZGJaQdc

https://youtu.be/uyHb4XsqABQ

I'm going back to bed now good night everyone
Old 11-12-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Goodnight, sw; sleep well.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Snooz. What concerns me is not the not drunk, no buzz.
It's that that liquid is in your system and will park off cravings for more.
Kindling.
It's gotten worse for me each time.theres no such thing as one or two will be ok anymore, ever.

I say this as much to myself as to you. We just cannot afford to think one or two can help us relax, it will not.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

One or two is completely out for me; it would spell disaster.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

For me too.
I went to see a play called Vimy at our local theatre guild (where I didn't get the role, bah!) It was excellent, really well cast and staged. I'm glad I went, it really held my attention. I remember going to see plays with Larry where we'd split a bottle of wine beforehand and sometimes I'd get either sleepy or grumpy, especially if the play wasn't very good. Boy, he put up with a lot from me! I know he loved me though as I did him. We are good people with an addiction. I agree with Croissant, we just can't have alcohol in our system. I hope you check in tomorrow, Snoozy and let us know how you are. Love you.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Glad that you enjoyed the play, Leshar.

And, yes, please check-in, Snoozy.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Julyers.

See you tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Do your best

One is too many & a thousand is never enough

Snooz check in XO
Old 11-13-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Have you considered couples counselling Snooz? or counselling by yourself?

You've been unhappy for a long time - I don't think that's all your problem but it's a big part of it....

the other part is - and I know how unpleasant this is...but maybe this alcoholism thing is not something you can solve on your own, or even with SR?

I know you're reluctant to do AA or anything like that, but you keep coming back to the drink as a solution, and I'm worried for you Wendy.

D

Youre right Dee. :-( I wasn't going to even mention it, then I would be lying to myself.
I don't know about counselling, I don't know about anything at the moment.
thank you everyone. I'll stay close. No threat of drinking at all. I'm going to read those links thanks Wolfy. Thanks for the number V .

I appreciate each and every one of your comments my friends. ️Xxx
Old 11-13-2015, 12:28 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

(((Snoozy))) ♥
Old 11-13-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Wolfy, those links were terrific, I'm going to spend the evening reading more.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Venusssss
Old 11-13-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Do your best

Love you Snooz
Old 11-13-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Don't know what I'd do without you guys, seriously xxx
Old 11-13-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Snooz. Hugs today.

Having breakfast with my daughter tomorrow. This would not be possible if I still drank.

Drinking is incompatable with the life I want to live and the person I want to be. If I drink, I don't have the certainty I'm here for me, and my children, I will have memories forgotten before I wake the next morning, conversations I'm constantly trying to piece together, regrets and guilt I don't deserve to feel.

You are right Leshar, we are all good people who have an addiction. I was like you at events....i remember going to see a play with my ex and just hating the fact we had to cut drinks short and I couldn't concentrate all the way through the play. And like we said, all the movies we've watched and can't remember.

I love my life now, even my frazzled days are 1000% better than a morning after a drinking day.

I must say this too because I've watched it over a year now. Sugar and bad eating impacts me, how I feel I can cope. Good stuff in = good stuff out,
Old 11-13-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Morning guys! Been working a lot and it keeps me from posting. We've been busier than normal but I will try to catch up on everyone today! Hope you're doing well! ((Hug))!!
Old 11-13-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

(((Snooz))) get up and go again.. I agree with Dee though.. You can do this but it night would help to go to someone to help you build better tools. Resentment is s terrible feeling. I get it ((hug))
Leshar, I understand your business. It's a harsh industry. I was in the entertainment business almost 20 years as a singer so I can relate. Got to have extremely tough skin! Sorry sbout not getting the part ((hug))
(((Ladybug))) hang in there I'm praying for you.
Heya Wolfy, Leigh, Crois, Venus and anyone I accidentally am missing!
((Dee)) bomb.com!!
Old 11-13-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Snooz. Hugs today.

Having breakfast with my daughter tomorrow. This would not be possible if I still drank.

Drinking is incompatable with the life I want to live and the person I want to be. If I drink, I don't have the certainty I'm here for me, and my children, I will have memories forgotten before I wake the next morning, conversations I'm constantly trying to piece together, regrets and guilt I don't deserve to feel.

You are right Leshar, we are all good people who have an addiction. I was like you at events....i remember going to see a play with my ex and just hating the fact we had to cut drinks short and I couldn't concentrate all the way through the play. And like we said, all the movies we've watched and can't remember.

I love my life now, even my frazzled days are 1000% better than a morning after a drinking day.

I must say this too because I've watched it over a year now. Sugar and bad eating impacts me, how I feel I can cope. Good stuff in = good stuff out,

So very true
Old 11-13-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sun has come out might go have my tea in the garden
Old 11-13-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

I'm bummed. My friend keeps mixing up when I'm supposed to go over to help her. It was supposed to be this morning so I got up early. Just called her to confirm and she'd forgotten (again) she's going out with her fiancé. I'll go this afternoon. I'm not really mad at her, she's a bit forgetful, what I realize is that I'm sitting here feeling sad and disconnected. I so need some human contact (you great guys notwithstanding). Key, thankfully, acting is a hobby for me. The life of a professional performer must be agonizing at times.
I wanted the role not just for the joy of performing but also to be busy and be around other people for a while. But then that would end and I'd be on my own again. Sorry, just thinking out loud. Trying to cope. I heard who got the role, and honestly, she was the least good of us three women. She's older too and doesn't look the part. I don't know what the directors' vision is. Man, I need to forge out something to keep me busy and with people. I know I'd see my city friends more often if I lived there. For some reason I've got the willies about moving now.
Fear, I guess. Fear I'd be just as lonely. Maybe it's just a core part of me that will never go away since Larry's death. I miss him.