Old 11-12-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Goodnight, sw; sleep well.
Thank you Leigh
Old 11-12-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Uh oh , I'm in trouble Wolfy...work friends arrived as a surprise , I've snuck down to bedroom :-( they have brought like 6 bottles of wine.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Had a little scare last night with Abby - I was taking garbage out (hubby forgot last week so now I'm in charge ) and hubby was inside with the girls. I guess he turned his head for a second and Abby climbed up some stairs (darn gate wasn't up) and fell back hitting her head. She is ok, but I had to watch her all night and I can't tell you his grateful I was to be sober. And I kept thinking what if that would have happened on my watch while I had been drinking. Scary stuff.

Anyway, gloomy, rainy day here. Enjoying my coffee right now. Hope you all have a great day/night!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Uggh Ladybug. I hope Abby is ok. Such a fright!

I hope you jumped down your husbands throat for being so slack! Only joking, but I do remember screaming at my husband once when my son got a terrible injury when he should have been looking. Snarling Mother Bear!

I'm glad you were sober and were saved any of the guilt that would have come from that. Last thing you need at a time like that. You are a good and caring Mum, you don't need or deserve that chain around your neck that guilt from alcohol brings.xx

I had to do something for my son today, and I reflected back on how once he probably wouldn't know if I'd definitely show up or not, with some lame excuse to put it off. It's nice to be that solid, protective and safe person as a parent, particularly a Mum - is supposed to be. Ladybug, I can't tell you how great it feels, but I know you can get there, and eventually lose that guilt - even when it feels impossible.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

This is why us Mums try not to drink honey , thank god you were present xx love you
Old 11-12-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post

I hope you jumped down your husbands throat for being so slack! Only joking, but I do remember screaming at my husband once when my son got a terrible injury when he should have been looking. Snarling Mother Bear!

Oh yeah, he got an earful and then I felt bad because I know he was scared and felt terrible. Thanks for your thoughtful words.

Snooz, are your work friends still there? Hope you're ok
Old 11-12-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

I really hope you got my card Casey ️xxx
Old 11-12-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Ladybug, poor Abby! How is she today? What a scare.
Yes, Snoozy, what did you tell you friends?
Croissant, thank you for your kind words. I slept terribly last night and woke up weepy and am still in my pyjamas, but I'll have some brekkie soon and get in the shower. It wasn't just about not getting the part, it was about losing the chance to socialize. I worry now that I'll be even more lonely in a big Metropolis. I feel a bit sick with worry about the idea of moving. Talk about changing my mind, I was all set to buy! What's wrong with me. I really don't want to get sick again. I need to be bigger than this and accept that rejection is part and parcel of the theatre world. A few more and maybe I will get used to it. Please send prayers, I'm so worried about my mood plummetting.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

I'm in trouble :-(
Old 11-12-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Talk to us dear Snoozy - we're here for you
Old 11-12-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Sending you lots of prayers and hugs Leshar!!
Old 11-12-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Thanks, Ladybug.
Snoozy, what's up?
Old 11-12-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Leshar, I am still in my jammies and haven't eaten or showered yet either so you're not alone 😜

Abby seems ok today - it happened just before her bedtime and then she kept waking up crying (unlike her) so I ended up bringing her in bed with me. Probably ruined her whole sleeping on her own through the night pattern :-(
Old 11-12-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry Snooz I've been with my neice all afternoon it was unexpected aswell Snooz if they have alcohol just say your not drinking & come up with a reason you need to cut the night short know thinking of you hun

You can say you & Sean have dinner plans ?
Old 11-12-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Croissant, thank you for your kind words. I slept terribly last night and woke up weepy and am still in my pyjamas, but I'll have some brekkie soon and get in the shower. It wasn't just about not getting the part, it was about losing the chance to socialize. I worry now that I'll be even more lonely in a big Metropolis. I feel a bit sick with worry about the idea of moving. Talk about changing my mind, I was all set to buy! What's wrong with me. I really don't want to get sick again. I need to be bigger than this and accept that rejection is part and parcel of the theatre world. A few more and maybe I will get used to it. Please send prayers, I'm so worried about my mood plummetting.
Sending lots of love & hugs & il keep you in my prayers
Old 11-12-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post

I'm glad you were sober and were saved any of the guilt that would have come from that. Last thing you need at a time like that. You are a good and caring Mum, you don't need or deserve that chain around your neck that guilt from alcohol brings.xx

I had to do something for my son today, and I reflected back on how once he probably wouldn't know if I'd definitely show up or not, with some lame excuse to put it off. It's nice to be that solid, protective and safe person as a parent, particularly a Mum - is supposed to be. Ladybug, I can't tell you how great it feels, but I know you can get there, and eventually lose that guilt - even when it feels impossible.
Croiss you are simply amazing I hope you know that you made me think of something I'm going to post for you guys
Old 11-12-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Good morning all,

Had a little scare last night with Abby - I was taking garbage out (hubby forgot last week so now I'm in charge ) and hubby was inside with the girls. I guess he turned his head for a second and Abby climbed up some stairs (darn gate wasn't up) and fell back hitting her head. She is ok, but I had to watch her all night and I can't tell you his grateful I was to be sober. And I kept thinking what if that would have happened on my watch while I had been drinking. Scary stuff.

Anyway, gloomy, rainy day here. Enjoying my coffee right now. Hope you all have a great day/night!
You are an amazing mum Ladybug
Old 11-12-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Prayers, dear Leshar.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
I'm in trouble :-(
Talk to us, Snooz.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Leshar, I am still in my jammies and haven't eaten or showered yet either so you're not alone 😜

Abby seems ok today - it happened just before her bedtime and then she kept waking up crying (unlike her) so I ended up bringing her in bed with me. Probably ruined her whole sleeping on her own through the night pattern :-(
So glad to hear that little Abby is okay!!!!