SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Part 24 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/378332-class-july-2013-part-24-a.html)

SoberLeigh 11-06-2015 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by resolute50 (Post 5632400)
It was like,The Blustery Day with Winnie the Pooh.
The wind was blowing the tops of the trees and leaves were falling all around.

Cool. I used to love to make piles of leaves when I was a child and jump into them.

Now I want the wind to blow fiercely and blow the leaves onto the other side of the street.

Leshar 11-06-2015 06:02 PM

Hi all, hi Wolfy, I just wanted to say that your devotion to Mrs SW is so sweet! You're a good man.
I'm going to view the condo again tomorrow.

SnoozyQ 11-06-2015 06:07 PM

Crois :kiss:
I LOVED your essay :-) xoxox

SnoozyQ 11-06-2015 06:09 PM

Leshar ... Do it !

You feel something good about this place hence your second viewing !

Your iPad works and all is good with the world :lmao:

SoberLeigh 11-06-2015 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Leshar (Post 5632510)
Hi all, hi Wolfy, I just wanted to say that your devotion to Mrs SW is so sweet! You're a good man.
I'm going to view the condo again tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes, Leshar. Crazy, but I'm getting excited about it for you.

Agree completely about SW's devotion to Mrs. SW.

Soberwolf 11-06-2015 11:58 PM

Thanks guys :hug: & good morning to you all

Croissant 11-07-2015 12:11 AM

Super post, Bob. Yeah, I was angry a lot too. Not so much outwardly, but inwardly. And definitely no patience.

Leshar, indirectly you reminded me that resetting my iPAd helps with a problem I've currently got with mine! Thanks! :)

Love your sig, Dee. Very true. Good to keep in mind.

Hi Leigh, Snooz, Key, SW, Let (learning patience, good on you!)

Sitting here playing relaxing tunes as the sun goes down. The sky is pink and orange after a fierce storm. My favourite time of day.

Soberwolf 11-07-2015 01:43 AM

Your skyline sounds awesome Croiss

We managed to take some pics of the birds this morning they ended up sideways in my album

About to have breakfast spk soon guys

KeyofC 11-07-2015 02:24 AM

Morning guys! ((((Hug)))) Happy Saturday!
Work today but just a few hours. Cool crisp morning here outside. Hate the cold but the longer it stays away the longer it is to get to summer again!
Don't have any plans yet for the weekend. Dinner I think today with my trucker <3 other than that I just go where life takes me!

Croissant 11-07-2015 03:14 AM

^ awesome! That's the spirit, Key!xx:c011:

forabetterlife 11-07-2015 05:03 AM

Hello Julyers!

Njkitty, I am so glad you answered that question about Christmas in the summer, I had always wondered the same thing!

Crois- your words resonated with me. The physical effects of drinking are just a small part of it. It really does affect our attitude, psyche and mindset- for me I live my life so differently and think and feel so differently when I have some sober time versus my sneaky nightly drinking binges.

I drank the past 3 nights. If I don't come clean here, then i just perpetuate my isolation and it all lives in my mind with the twisted AV and we all know his tricks and games. I want the sobriety so many of you have so badly, I just get a few days or a week in me and somehow I forget. I have all of these grand plans, what to do in a craving, and sometimes I do them, and they work, but all it takes is one time that I don't.

Anyway, I've got to pull myself out of this. I can feel myself gaining weight, I feel awful and have lost my center. I love the holidays and I don't want to spend them wrapped up in this cycle.

Sorry for rambling. I wasn't even planning on admitting it. I'm going to head out for a long walk with my doggie and hope that clears my mind some, it usually does. For a while anyway.

Love to all. I will get there ...

Croissant 11-07-2015 05:22 AM

Aww FABL. I think the hardest part is admitting to ourselves. Our addiction doesn't want us to admit there's a problem, or we went and drank again...to addiction, we are entitled, no one needs to know, I did it for my own reasons....it goes on and on.

I remember lurking here when I was on a binge, wanting so much to reconnect with my friends, but my addiction not wanting to hear anything about stopping, or being made to feel I had to stop. It's such an isolating thing, I think you and Ladybug are brave to post. I never could when I was in that mindset and that makes it worse, well, it did for me.

KeyofC 11-07-2015 05:42 AM

So sorry ((Fabl))...I wish something would happen that would make sobriety stick for you...my heart breaks for you...((Hug))

Soberwolf 11-07-2015 05:52 AM

:hug: Fabl you can do this good job posting

Leshar 11-07-2015 06:21 AM

Dear FABL, I'm glad you posted. I'm sorry you're going through this. It's awfully hard work, but the benefits are awesome. Do your daughters know? Stay with us.

Key, I love your avatar!

KeyofC 11-07-2015 06:52 AM

Thank you Leshar!

Soberwolf 11-07-2015 11:32 AM

Evening Julyers

SoberLeigh 11-07-2015 11:54 AM

I, too, applaud your honesty, fabl.

I am so sorry that you are struggling. I know that you can find lasting sobriety.

I think that I have asked before (can't remember the answer) - have you looked into AVRT?

Love to you.

SoberLeigh 11-07-2015 11:55 AM

Crois, I love the sky after an afternoon storm; the colors are glorious.

resolute50 11-07-2015 01:51 PM

FABL, so glad you didn't stay away because of a relapse.:grouphug: