Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 7

Old 11-06-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Retread, how you doing? Patricia, ditto Key and JL. Take alcohol out of the equation and the other things will fall into place. Of the 3 things you are fighting, it's alcohol that makes everything worse. Have u you looked into nicotine patch or that e cigarette thing? Guess the e cig is for smokers that are more into the ritual of it than nicotine. Like must have cig with coffee, or a drink . Patch for those addicted to the nicotine, idk?

I know in your heart you know you are worth something. You keep trying and fighting and I really respect that about you.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Patricia, tone it down to smaller goals. Drinking is its own demon. Smoking is its own demon. Doing both is horrid! Then trying to eat right and exercise...it's too much for some people to demand in themselves. I think you'll succeed trying smaller goals. I think alcohol is worse and as bad as it may sound the cigs may help you through some of those urges. (Sorry I know that's bad to say) but let's be realistic. We are human after all...(hug)
That may give you more if s fighting chance girl.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I have a friend that used a vapor pen to stop smoking cigarettes. I think he really slowly adjusted the nicotine back until there was none. Then he stopped.
I agree with key.
Smokers seem to have a cigArette to calm the nerves.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Dreamt I drank last night! And guess what! When I got to work, there was a specialty beer in the fridge with my name all over it! Grapefruit IPA 7%.... That's my kind of beer. I didn't drink it. I wanted to. Work was SOOOOOO BUSY TODAY. I had to pee for over an hour & didn't get to eat until the last hour of my shift. My head is POUNDING. I came home ad passed out face first into couch. Woke up. Head still pounding I have to go to an art exhibition tonight, so I took some Ibuprofen (and some cookies!) still not drinking. Hope you're all doing well! Happy Friday!

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."~Tom Stoppard
Old 11-06-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Well done Clown!
Old 11-06-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Quick check in...

Patricia...sorry u are struggling. Keep posting. We are here for you.
Very busy at my house and lots of little conflicts creating bad moods..ugh!!!

Have a sober night
Old 11-06-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I'm going to bed at 8pm. I Slipped again today. I know I am going to wake up in panic and anxiety tomorrow morning, or probably in the middle of the night. I need your help guys. I don't want to run up to the store first thing in the morning. Please help me.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Patricia

there will always be people around to help

You've stopped before and I really believe you can do it again

D
Old 11-07-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Patricia...don't take that first drink this morning...post here. Keep busy with your son....anything!!!!
We're here for you xoxo
Old 11-07-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Patricia alcohol will not improve anything!!!
Old 11-07-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Please check in Patricia...we all are here for you...Don't drink...
Old 11-07-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

P, can you post a plan? What are you going to drink or eat today? What are you going to do with your son? If you get a free 20 min, will you meditate or do a bit of yoga? There are many yoga videos on youtube. (hmmm . . . .youtube seems to be a theme of mine).

Whatever you do, hang tough and post!!!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Good morning. Thank you for all the messages. I'm feeling sad, still beating myself up for drinking. I think Youtube is a good idea, maybe some relaxing music or a guided meditation. Thank you guys.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Sorry for your struggling Patricia. Hugs.
I'm in Texas for a girls weekend so can't post much now. Still sober. My girls really can tie one on, but support my choice to not drink....love them!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Stay close, Patricia...someone will be here to talk with you..(((hug)))
Old 11-07-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Well, my depression is hitting today - argh. I've been doing pretty well. I don't know if it is winter or what. I do okay with the less light but not okay with too much snow to garden.

Anyhow with all the advice I have been giving to others it was my turn to pick butt off of couch and ride the depression urge. For me this is an urge to do nothing. So I went for a run, 15 min as I'm a middle aged woman who hasn't run in awhile. The nice thing about being out of shape is it doesn't take much to get a workout.

Now of water, a lunch with lots of leafy greens and a bit of housework.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. It's been about a week since I posted here. I'm finding it easier and easier to not think about the drink, which is good. Caught up with the posts and want to say that I'm truly sorry about the struggles some of us are having. I wish I could take a magic wand and make all the depression and difficulties go away, and I know how I feel when I am in the grip of that depressive feeling and thinking.

Since I don't have a magic wand, all I can say is that things do improve, our moods do change, and what seems like the bottom of a deep well isn't going to be like that forever. It's hard to recognize that when we're at that bottom, but we have to keep faith that it's true and that we can dig out without using alcohol as a mood stabilizer, especially since it ultimately just adds to the depression. We all know that, right? It's just hard to remember sometimes, when the AV has its way with our thoughts. Just remember that alcohol will only make things worse.

I'm doing okay; had my endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday and I'm doing better. Only four polyps this time and no gastritis. Everything else is about the same but those are big improvements. The pathology should be back within two weeks so hopefully all will be clear for another two (or maybe three) years.

Overall I'm feeling much better; my stomach pain is gone with the increase in my GERD medications and I'm optimistic that the damage to my pancreas has halted, now that I'm not drowning in alcohol anymore.

Hope everyone has a decent weekend. Hugs all around.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

Patricia have you ever worked through this link?

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf

D
Old 11-07-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. I think I'm depressed, my husband keeps pointing out at all the mistakes I make as if they are the end of the world...I feel worthless,,,and the simple little tasks seem insurmountable. But I gotta keep trying right....
Old 11-07-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I failed again today. I feel worthless. My husband and I had a huge fight last night. He blames me for not having anything in common, for not liking his horror depressing end of the world movies...and because he doesn't like my food...that's right, I am a failure because I can't cook...