Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 7

Old 11-02-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Omg Dee ((((hug))))!!!! So glad you're back! We have missed you soooo much!
Never fall or wreck or hurt yourself again! It's NOT allowed, lol. Glad you're getting well!
Old 11-02-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

((((jl))))!! Just for you JL! (Jeff)
Old 11-03-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks Key,
I have high hopes for remedy. I don't want to over dream that something will help, but most medication doesn't affect me one way or the other. Never been much for it, or herbs. Giving it a try as I've been seriously reading up on destress ing.
Well see.
Hope Mondays good for y'all.
Wife t
Old 11-03-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

off work to take the kids to the dentist as they're out of school today. I didn't know. May try to get off early. May save my sick time. I don't know.
Rained my off days away, so didn't get to do much with the kids.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Please pray for me. I woke up with horrible anxiety again. When is it going to end...?
Old 11-03-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi, does anyone have any strategies for the holiday coming up? I am hosting Thanksgiving and I'm not going to force all my family to not drink...I think I'll just have my husband pick up stuff I hate lol!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Jeff, sorry your wife is still dealing with those awful shingles. Sorry for those dealing with anxiety and depression . I know how much that sucks. Woke up in panic too this am due to work stuff... One of those where all day I would plan when my first drink would be, but now it's the last thing I want, finally! Just try to hold onto that, alcohol is like a runaway rolling boulder increasing speed, then it crushes you.

idk, everyone is different for what works for anxiety .. exercise, herbs, CBT, meds, meditation, counseling. Hope your dr. Is helpful to you Patricia sorting out whats best for you. I think the psych was key for me, he put his finger on why SSRIS didn't work for me in the past and why I turned to alcohol to numb out anxiety. Still have bouts of completely freaking out, but not running to the bottle now when it happens.

Key hope you are feeling better. It IS hard when we feel ignored or unheard by loved ones.

Everyone take care, each one of us deserves our peace and happiness. You are all wonderful, kind people, such a great class. It's such a struggle sometimes, but I think each of us will find that peace we are looking for. I am not there yet either, but have hope now it's going to happen. Alcohol killed my hope, for years.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Grrr.
Lost a post.
Big ol hugs to Patricia and Key.
I'm really sorry for the anxiety, Patricia. I have it big time, and I get peeved because it'll keep bothering me too.
Hope Monday improves for folks.
I'm leaving work early. Found out wife and kids are off today for dentist appts.
--They told me my 2 yr old kicked the door open and ran out yelling "NO!", at his first ever checkup. Said the whole place went to pieces.
At least he comes by it honest, right ??
Old 11-03-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elizke View Post
Hi, does anyone have any strategies for the holiday coming up? I am hosting Thanksgiving and I'm not going to force all my family to not drink...I think I'll just have my husband pick up stuff I hate lol!
Yeah. I think everyone has different feelings about alcohol in the house. We have beer and cognac in the house the spouse drinks occasionally, I'm not tempted. I was picky about beer, and won't drink this kind! Sounds like a plan to get what you won't drink, if you are sure. Probably lots of differing opinions on this.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Elizke

Crying Out Now: Thanksgiving Survival Guide

Here is a good link on tips and it says Thanksgiving but is good for any of them
Old 11-03-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you do any kind of exerxise Patricia - that really helps me keep my anxiety in check?

Thanks for the kind words Key - I have no plans to injure myself again lol

D
Old 11-03-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I joined a yoga class but I have been in such a low mood lately...I should go back...
Old 11-03-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a little strange, but not my usual rebounding self today. Drank some caffeine and got a real upse t stomach. That's really odd for me, but if avoiding caffeine has to be done for me to learn to calm my nerves, so be it. I think yoga stretching a gonna be it for me today. No treadmill I think.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I'm feeling a little strange, but not my usual rebounding self today. Drank some caffeine and got a real upse t stomach. That's really odd for me, but if avoiding caffeine has to be done for me to learn to calm my nerves, so be it. I think yoga stretching a gonna be it for me today. No treadmill I think.
Good for you JL! I haven't given up my coffee yet, but gave up diet coke Kept reading on here people saying they quit caffeine cause of anxiety so there must be something to it.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I may be hanging too much hope on the herbal anxiety/depression thing, but I'm praying for some relief. I don't want to drink myself to death from 2 day benders, and I'll quit typing as I'm feeling a little gripey right now- probably because I have the tight shoulders headache that nothing's helping at the moment. I noticed that from the moment I started taking the stuff, I had no alcohol cravings or even thoughts of drinking. Only been 2 days, but 2 days without waking up thinking about drinking sometime is so different that I notice it !
Anxiety is something I've got to face up to, and attempt to handle. Too much riding on me, to let stuff slip away like I have before.
Haven't said it lately, but thank you all for sharing your thoughts and feelings on here.
It saves people.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Lol,
I didn't quit typing, sorry
Old 11-03-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey all, I missed a day of reading posts.

I hate seeing any of you folks struggle but LOVE the olympic level courage and persistence you all show.

JL you made me laugh with "If I find a hug in a pill, I'm getting a damn 5 gallon bucket, and were all having a soire' !!.

Patricia, thanks so much for making the doctor appointment. This anxiety keeps sucker punching you but each time you seem to have something else you are going to try.

Key, can you lean on us sometimes instead of your husband?

Elizke, I like the idea of just getting alcohol you don't like. Maybe Brussel Sprouts Schnapps???

I have had acupuncture for back pain and it worked for me. Acupuncture can work for anxiety and depression too. I kind of hate to suggest things that cost time and money as you folks with kids usually have a short supply of both of these commodities. (hmmm . . . might be worth spending the time and money you spent on alcohol on this)
Old 11-03-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Brussel sprouts Ripple! That mSde me laugh!!
Been a bad day. Thank you !!
Up at 10 pm, sleepless. Bleh. 5:30 comes early, but 5:30 hung over comes a lot worse, so thank you god.
My 7 yr old, showed me his old "build a bear" teddy bear with a " Harvey Davidson" tshirt on it. Kids are the best medicine- I swear.
Typing this made me realize I'm stupid for having the wrong mindset all the time. Not stupid, just unable to stay focused on the "right" view of life I guess.
Harvey Davidson. Rebel .
Old 11-04-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Quick hi to check in...

Sorry you guys are struggling with anxiety...keep posting and stay close.

Elizke.....that sounds like a good holiday strategy. I don't keep alcohol in the house and when I host something m husband picks it up right before company...along with the ice...and then gets rid obit during cleanup. I don't even get involved in the discussion of what to get.

Happy hump day all xo
Old 11-04-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi All. Need strength this evening. Hosting a work event, which always makes me panic. I don't like attention at all, but have an extroverts job, so I have to not show how much it freaks me out. I have never done one of these without 2 glasses of wine before to calm my nerves, but am determined.

AV has been quiet lately but was in my ear as soon as I woke up. Just try one glass, you don't drink much at these events. No, I don't drink and one glass is too much, would still feel like doodoo next day. Okay, that helped typing it, it's much later than I would normally eat and drink, and always felt awful even w 2 glasses wine so screw it... will figure out something else to calm me. Sit in my car and do quick med